HUGE news/rumors

Crazy Harry

That's it. I tried to let it pass, but seriously I can't stand when every-other post is Wannabe correcting other's observations.

It's a good thing he doesn't ruin every thread by challenging people to "prove" their opinion or subjective views.... Even though it doesn't happen every thread, it's a shame he did it yet again with this one. It started out being fun.

Wannabe, You really are the ultimate authority when it comes to what works for Disney, huh? Remind me, what's your job again? Can you please just accept someone else's view of Disney World without critiquing it. Part of conversing is listening without speaking. Not everything needs to be a debate.

I don't mean to be rude, but enough is enough. I happen to appreciate the earlier comments for what they were. Thanks to all the others.

I'm not trying to encite any issues, but I do need to politely stand up for Wannab@dis who has been misinterpreted and misrepresented by the previous statement. Him and I were having a polite discussion which was controled and appropriate. I don't expect him to agree with any or all of my opinions and in fact I don't want him to. That is the whole point of a discussion is to collaberate differing view points, not nessisarily for the sake of agreeing but opening the chanels of communication to create a higher level of thought and to experience and appreciate the varying view points of other individuals which open your mind to a new interpretation. I found none of his statements to be disrepectable to the point of calling attension to them. How are my arguements any more appropriate then his? I agreed with very little of what he said and only usually focused on the points I could competantly retort. His challenges only allow me the opportunity to trump his arguement and credibility which is part of the game.

Scar, I do appreciate the intension however misguided. Within the context of my interation with him I felt all comments to be appropriate. The comment he made that you quoted was intended as a playful challenge to my previous statement. Perhaps this form of sarcasim and disagreement may not be suitable for all who have interations with him, but it is the responcibility of that person to either politely call it to attension or remove themselves from the discussion. As long as it is not harmful on a larger scale/offensive to a larger amount of people, it is not nessisary to address.

From my POV, no real harm done by anyone, and may the discussion continue...

jedimaster1227

So...to try to get this thread back on track...

I would have to say that while the true Disney fan would have to do a doubletake if they saw Timon and Pumba in the Jungle Cruise, a normal guest would just go on and not think too far into it. Because of this, I see that this addition could be feasible (not necesscarily welcome, but definitely feasible).

I'm just hoping that they consider making the Indians a little more lifelike during its rehab (whenever that may be).

I really would hate to see the Jungle Cruise turn out like the Discovery Island Ferry Boats at Animal Kingdom...

CoffeeJedi

I never said they were adding Timon and Pumbaa to the ride, just a short preshow video.
Even that is a terrible idea. As it stands now, the Jungle Cruise is a complete coherent experience. The story begins in the queue before you can even see the first boat. It wouldn't "ruin" the attraction per se, but its just another example of acountanteering.

imagineer boy

jedimaster1227 said:
I would have to say that while the true Disney fan would have to do a doubletake if they saw Timon and Pumba in the Jungle Cruise, a normal guest would just go on and not think too far into it. Because of this, I see that this addition could be feasible (not necesscarily welcome, but definitely feasible).

Yeah, but a regular guest that's never been before might see the preshow video and think "Oh great, Timon and Pumba are gonna be in this ride!" but when they actually ride it, Timon and Pumba are nowhere to be found, and they'll be wondering what the preshow video was all about. What would be the point of it? How would it improve the ride? To increase popularity? I don't think guests are going to be lining up around the block just to see a new preshow video. Just some thoughts. I'd perfer if the Jungle Cruise gets some rehab work done and silmilar inhancements done to the one in DL.

wannab@dis

Yeah, but a regular guest that's never been before might see the preshow video and think "Oh great, Timon and Pumba are gonna be in this ride!" but when they actually ride it, Timon and Pumba are nowhere to be found, and they'll be wondering what the preshow video was all about. What would be the point of it? How would it improve the ride? To increase popularity? I don't think guests are going to be lining up around the block just to see a new preshow video. Just some thoughts. I'd perfer if the Jungle Cruise gets some rehab work done and silmilar inhancements done to the one in DL.
Very well thought out post...

You are correct that a guest that has never seen JC may be misled into believing Timon & Pumbaa would be represented in the attraction UNLESS the preshow video was done in a way that precluded that. I personally don't see the need for it, but if it's done in a way that introduces the attraction in a good way, I can't see it hurting the attraction.

jedimaster1227

Very well thought out post...

You are correct that a guest that has never seen JC may be misled into believing Timon & Pumbaa would be represented in the attraction UNLESS the preshow video was done in a way that precluded that. I personally don't see the need for it, but if it's done in a way that introduces the attraction in a good way, I can't see it hurting the attraction.

I agree that a good introduction can't hurt the attraction, but I do want to add a note that other attractions have had misleading preshows and descriptions. My biggest peeve on misleading discriptions in Mission:Space because it really isn't the interactive experience that it was promised to be. Alternate endings could have changed that, but the shaking joystick during the landing just gives it all away (plus, the computer override on missed actions).

tinktwirler321

I met with my friend yesterday, who is a very reliable source and picked up some big information. Some are strong rumors, others are facts, so don't jump down my throat if you see something you don't like.

Imagination has been given an undisclosed, but reportedly small budget for it's refurbishment. Attraction closes around 9/20, Image works in January.

JUngle Cruise refurbishment scheduled for 2008 may feature addition of Timon and Pumbaa in some kind of pre-show video.

Space Mountain's 2008 refurbishment will simply bring refreshed track, Lighting, and new vehicles with impressive audio systems and LED screens.

The building of the living seas is going to turn completely blue. Light projectors have been installed near the building.

Spectromagic will close in january for the additions of new characters, Stitch, Lilo, Terk, Nemo, Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and a new villians float added onto the Chernabog float.

The soarin film change for next september has been given the green light for filming. The reason for the green light is that DLP is also recieving the same film for their soon to begin constructed version.

The changes to Fantasmic that i mentioned last month may not happen until the spring, but may be announced on 10/1

Big changes to toontown are going to be taking shape very soon. Expect to see characters from playhouse disney shows and maybe even a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show by April. Work should begin by November.

Thats it... for now. I expect to hear much more before 10/1!
Let the rumor mill begin!

That is so great. Thanks for the info. I don't really ride Imagination so that doesn't really effect me but what are they doing to Imageworks?

I think the Jungle Cruise sounds great i luv Timon and Pumbaa.

I think Spectro Magic sounds great too. But aren't Lilo and Stich already in the Parade.

Could anyone tell me what is happening to Fantasmic? I just joined so I am not sure what was said about it's referb. any info would be appriciated. thanks.

dannb1001

Spectromagic change

Maybe the Main Street Electrical Parade will return again while Specto gets rehab? Better yet Tokyo Disneylands Dreamlighs or Fantillusion. Just long enough to give people in the U.S. a chance to experiance them at least lol.

Not to get off the subject but does anyone know if "Wishes" is being replaced for the Year Of A Million Dreams? Maybe they will add the song called "Flying" from the Peter Pan soundtrack since that seems to be the theme music they are going with for this celebration.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I forget - just who has who`s MSEP at the moment?

Unfortunatley, Dreamlights is owned by The Oriental Land Company. Fantillusion was bought of them by Euro Disney SCA, so there`s slim chance either will end up in the US.

Vernonpush

I met with my friend yesterday, who is a very reliable source and picked up some big information. Some are strong rumors, others are facts, so don't jump down my throat if you see something you don't like.

Imagination has been given an undisclosed, but reportedly small budget for it's refurbishment. Attraction closes around 9/20, Image works in January.
Since this thread was resurrected. Did JIIw/F close for refurb on the 20?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom