How/What Does Your Username Mean?

VT GAL

I am a huge fan of Kevin Smith and his movies, and I also enjoy the DVD commentaries. On the commentary of one of the episodes of Clerks: The Animated Series, Kevin cracks a joke about how they were going to make a spin-off series about the characters as kids called Li'l Clerks (remember the Li'l Flintstones?) I was working in retail as a clerk when I first saw it and the name stuck.

One of my most prized possesions is DVD of Mall Rats that is signed by Kevin Smith!!! :wave:

WDW Vacationer

Pumba is =
timon_pumba_pic.jpg

Nakasak is an addaption of the correct term - definition

It relates to the old anglo saxon term for my subtle charm and fabulous witt. " As smooth as a ............................
:eek::dazzle:

Phonedave

When I was kid all sorts off prefixes and suffexes were added to my nickname Bill. Billy, Wild Bill, Buffalo Bill, Big Bill, Billy the kid, Billster, Bilbo Baggins, you get the idea. I won't even go into my real name William. I'm a fan of the Three Stooges and one sketch the Stooges are in the old west. Three or four times they introduce themselves as Wild Bill, Buffalo Bill and Just Plain Bill. One of my Aunts on my birthday addressed her birthday card to me "Just Plain Bill." I liked the name ever since.

When I was a kid, my mom had a habit of calling me various nicknames.

I remember once (I was about 6) demanding that I wanted to be called "Just Plain Dave"

I was called that for about a month :)

-dave

Phonedave

I have been phonedave on-line since about 1998

Up until that time I had different user names for different accounts.

I had joined a general knowledge question and answer forum that originaly was part of How Stuff Works, but then spun off as a self funded site of its own when HSW was sold. - www.howwhatwhy.com

Anyway, when I joined over there I originaly was fielding telecom questions, as I work in telecomm. Thats the phone part

The dave part is, well my name :)

As for the avatar, just about every account I use not has that avatar, which I shamelessly poached off of www.chickenhead.com because I liked it.

-dave

Uncle Lupe

Lupe is the nickname that my step brothers gave me about 23 years ago and now my nephews and nieces only know me as Uncle Lupe. Which is great because it's a fun name for the little kids to say.

DisneySam

:snore: Mine's pretty boring Disney + Sam [part of my first name].

I have wanted to change it since I created it. I always have username writers block whenever I have to create one- I can never think of anything fun and original. :hammer:

Wasn't their also a character in The Adventurers of Ford Fairlane called ZuZU Petals?

Hmmm I'm not familiar with that...

Googled it and IMDb tells me yes, played by Maddie Corman.

Andrew Dice Clay, Priscilla Presley, Gilbert Gottfried, AND Wayne Newton? This looks....interesting....:lookaroun

Used to post under my name, Taryn. Decided that was kind of sketch so, I figured since all I ever used to talk about was The Jungle Cruise, I might as well name myself after a Jungle boat. Couldn't decide between Zambezi Miss from DLR or Zambesi Zelda from WDW. Ended up taking the DLR spelling of Zambezi, and pairing it with WDW's Zelda. And, I recently found out that the Zambezi Zelda is a part of Tokyo's Jungle fleet, so I was secretly being accurate :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom