How/What Does Your Username Mean?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I just wanted to say that I LOVED the public service advertisement that your avatar refers to; I wonder how many people on these forums get it? Did it run nationwide, or just in the NE? When was the last time it aired, maybe late 1970's?

Nationwide

JustPlainBill

I just wanted to say that I LOVED the public service advertisement that your avatar refers to; I wonder how many people on these forums get it? Did it run nationwide, or just in the NE? When was the last time it aired, maybe late 1970's?
For us in Chicagoland it ran on every Saturday morning on channel 7 (ABC). I don't know if it ran during the week or not. I loved them as a kid, and some of them actually taught me a few tricks to use in my school work, mostly the math spots. It could have run into the early eighties, but I was in High School by then and didn't watch much Saturday morning cartoons anymore.

I had purchased the Schoolhouse Rock VHS tape awhile ago and recently upgraded to the DVD, which is owned by Disney now. I played them often for our kids. My youngest was having trouble with her multiplication of fours in school this past year, no matter what my wife did to tutor her it didn't help her. I played "Four Legged Zoo," and had my daughter watch it over and over, until the song was "in her head." She got a 100% on her test that week.

The "I'm Just a Bill" spot was great in explaining how a bill gets passed into a law in Washington. My wife's favorite spot was Conjuction Junction, she was always big on the English Composition stuff.

My favorites were the history spots, At that time the USA was coming up on the Bi-centennial and there was a lot of patriotic saturation in the schools and on TV, I remember.

k.hunter30

For us in Chicagoland it ran on every Saturday morning on channel 7 (ABC). I don't know if it ran during the week or not. I loved them as a kid, and some of them actually taught me a few tricks to use in my school work, mostly the math spots. It could have run into the early eighties, but I was in High School by then and didn't watch much Saturday morning cartoons anymore.

I had purchased the Schoolhouse Rock VHS tape awhile ago and recently upgraded to the DVD, which is owned by Disney now. I played them often for our kids. My youngest was having trouble with her multiplication of fours in school this past year, no matter what my wife did to tutor her it didn't help her. I played "Four Legged Zoo," and had my daughter watch it over and over, until the song was "in her head." She got a 100% on her test that week.

The "I'm Just a Bill" spot was great in explaining how a bill gets passed into a law in Washington. My wife's favorite spot was Conjuction Junction, she was always big on the English Composition stuff.

My favorites were the history spots, At that time the USA was coming up on the Bi-centennial and there was a lot of patriotic saturation in the schools and on TV, I remember.

To this day I can still recite all of the Preamble... but only in song-form. :lookaroun:king:

jaspurr

I thought it was spelled Lancastershire, or something like that, no?

No T, just simple Lancashire though I never realised for many years that Liverpool was once part of Lancashire si I guess I am a Lancashire lad from birth with a little hint of Liverpool scoucer :animwink:

WDW Florida 1989
Disneyland California 1990
WDW Florida 1992
Disneyland Paris 1997
WDW Florida 2001
WDW Florida 2004
Disneyland Paris 2005
Disneyland Paris 2006
WDW Florida 2007 Christmas
Disneyland Paris August 2008
WDW Florida 2010 Easter tick, tick, tick

DormaNesbit

You know, I have looked all over the place to find an explanation of your name, and I was determined not to give up for a little while before I PM'd you and asked! So now I know at last! Somehow I'm now surprised. Very clever nevetheless

I thought it was spelled Lancastershire, or something like that, no?

I absolutely LOVE Luna. She is exactly the kind of girl I would have been attracted to in high school!

Yes, OK, but what does the 1302 mean, originally?

"I'm Just a Bill yes I'm only a Bill and I'm sitting here on Capital Hill!" I love the school house rocks but alas it did not help me with my multiplication!:wave: I grew up in a Suburb of Philadelphia and they were on every Saturday morning with the cartoon shows on channel 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2Uuv-oQ

harveyt0206

Such creative folks on here. Alas, my username is very boring

Harveyt0206 - simple combination of my last name (harvey) + the first initial of my first name (Tracy) and my b-d. I had no idea when I first signed up for this site that I would use it as much as I do. Now, I am on it everyday. I have asked Steve if I can do a username change to something Haunted Mansion related and then I can become the "artist formerly known as Harveyt0206"

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Mine is pretty simple. I am a life long Star Wars fan and on a lark I typed in the name Master Yoda when I signed up for the forum back in 2004. I fully expected the name to be taken. Imagine my surprise when it was not.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom