How WDW Co. spins ...

s8film40

This sounds like reasonable answers to common questions people might have. Not seeing any big "spin" here.
When Disney says "reactive FAQ" what they really mean is what to say when people complain. In recent years Disney has decided that it's better to respond to these complaints with snarky positive statements rather than having the CM apologize for something that's beyond their control.

peter11435

When Disney says "reactive FAQ" what they really mean is what to say when people complain. In recent years Disney has decided that it's better to respond to these complaints with snarky positive statements rather than having the CM apologize for something that's beyond their control.

Agreed. Although at this point there is little reason for anyone to complain about this. If you're interested go. If you're not or think it's overpriced then don't go. At least in its current state this is an additional offering. Yes it's overpriced and it's clearly an attempt to quickly make more money. However no guest offerings have been removed for this. At least not yet. It is unlikely the park would have been open later than 10 or 11 for day guests regardless of these events. Last May the park closed at 10 nearly every day of the month.

MKCP 1985

@WDW1974 how else is Bob Iger going to continue to drive up the share price? And at the end of the day, isn't that really his legacy - the 400% increase in share price that has occurred to date since he took the reins? (or thereabouts)

I like the special ticket events for Christmas and Halloween. It can't be a surprise that someone came up with the idea to offer the equivalent except at a higher cost to the customers and without the extra cost to the company of special parades and firework shows. (It is silly to continue to refer to customers as guests anymore. The company treats us like customers to be fleeced and analyzed and tallied, not guests)

Is there any reason to think the Very Merry Christmas Party and Not So Scary Halloween admission prices won't spike to match or exceed this new promotion? If so, that will change the way my family plans for those trips. What else can a family do except roll with the changes? Where to roll is always the family's choice.

s8film40

Agreed. Although at this point there is little reason for anyone to complain about this. If you're interested go. If you're not or think it's overpriced then don't go. At least in its current state this is an additional offering. Yes it's overpriced and it's clearly an attempt to quickly make more money. However no guest offerings have been removed for this. At least not yet. It is unlikely the park would have been open later than 10 or 11 for day guests regardless of these events. Last May the park closed at 10 nearly every day of the month.
Yeah the biggest complaints I see at this point are the park closing early and guests feeling like they're getting kicked out because they didn't pay extra (no different than what already happens with the parties), guests who didn't know what they were getting into and that EMH were a free option included with their hotel and guests complaining out of fear that this will mean the EMH will go away.

On another note I can see this becoming a real issue for guest relations. With a high dollar amount on such a short period of time it won't be hard for guests to simply do the math with anything that during the day simply would have been a minor inconvienence. For example: "our family of 6 was stuck on that ride for 15 minutes that was $75 of our 3 hours".

Figments Friend

Hold on.....
Am i understanding this correctly -

Pay $150 for 3 hours ( actual event, 5 hours max allowed ) in the Magic Kingdom on one of these 'After Hours' event nights.......
While the current price for a One Day 'Peak' season ticket for 11 hours ( give or take ) in the Magic Kingdom is 'only' $124...which is less if visiting during 'Non-Peak' pricing times.

Hmm....

Something seems a bit amiss here.....

Pay $150 for 3 hours ( actual event , 5 hours total max allowed ) hours in the Park.
Pay $124 ( or less, depending on season ) for 11 hours in the Park.

Wha.....

( slaps head )

How can they believe people will be willing to pay more for less time in the Park...?
This must be one heck of a 'event' night ...event.

Oh wait...this is 'Today's Disney'.
Right...

They already know people will do this, and have been doing it for some time now.

:hungover:

-

roj2323

This is the official WDW spin to be given to Guests who question CMs (you know, the folks who average $9 an hour) regarding the newest, ballsiest upcharge event (with MANY more coming throughout 2016):

just a slight correction. Minimum wage at WDW is currently $9.50 and will be bumping to $10 on July 31st of this year.

Here's the union contract: http://www.uniteherelocal362.org/wp-content/uploads/FINAL-2014-FT-STCU-CBA-2.pdf

Here's an article on WDW pay and how it compares to lots of different things:
http://themeparkuniversity.com/disney/depth-look-walt-disney-world-employee-wages/

I do however agree that it is fairly low.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Especially when you compare it to a Christmas or Halloween party which is essentially the same thing but longer and with extra entertainment for much less.

Yep.

Like i said, it makes it all the more questionable.

They really give the impression that they think today's Guests are total rubes.
This is just another example where it seems they are clearly showing it.

Anyone doing the math can see this is a blatant rip off.
But each their own, of course.

-

zooey

It depends on how many people they let in. It doesn't really make fiscal sense but there's plenty of rich people in this world that would like to experience the parks with less crowds. If you can get on every ride as a walk on? Might be worth it if you can afford it. I think a lot of people just immediately react based on their own circumstances but are you angry that you can't stay at the four seasons too? Capitalism allows for this stuff. I'm not saying I want any of these upcharges but I definitely anticipate it working out for Disney. We can call them suckers or stupid or whatever but like I said to some people that kind of money is not a big deal, especially if the experience is pleasurable.

UncleMike101

What is their answer to:

"You used to be open until 01:00AM every night in summer, for every ticket holder. Why the $%^# do I need to pay $800 for my family now?"
Because someone has to pay for the debacle in Shanghai.
And the losses are certainly not going to come out of the Iger minions bonuses.
God, I hope Shanghai starts to turn a profit this year otherwise we'll likely be paying a Sidewalk use fee, a Breathing Disney Air fee, a Gawkers fee to watch the parades and fireworks, and paying to get into a bathroom at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom