How WDW Co. spins ...

s8film40

Being that Splash isn't open during EMH, I would think that you are right. Because of their whole "it's a water ride" excuse. It's one of the many reasons that I never enjoyed EMH. Who wants to go to the park after hours when nothing good is open?
I didn't realize Splash was closed for EMH. It was open for E-Ride nights though.

hpyhnt 1000

I still can't get over $150 for 3ish hours of park time. I remember the days where a Florida resident could get 4 days for $99 (man I sound old).

It's like Disney is knowingly trolling its customers at this point - "What exorbitant price can we charge before those suckers snap?"

Mike S

I still can't get over $150 for 3ish hours of park time. I remember the days where a Florida resident could get 4 days for $99 (man I sound old).

It's like Disney is knowingly trolling it's customers at this point - "What exorbitant price can we charge before those suckers snap?"
Don't forget to add, "which attraction should get a terrible overlay next?"

FigmentJedi

Because someone has to pay for the debacle in Shanghai.
And the losses are certainly not going to come out of the Iger minions bonuses.
God, I hope Shanghai starts to turn a profit this year otherwise we'll likely be paying a Sidewalk use fee, a Breathing Disney Air fee, a Gawkers fee to watch the parades and fireworks, and paying to get into a bathroom at WDW.
Yeah, but if it stumbles, the chances of that Tower overlay going through will decrease.

Also, funny you use the term "Gawkers fee" considering the news of Hulk Hogan destroying that site financially.

The Empress Lilly

It's like Disney is knowingly trolling its customers at this point - "What exorbitant price can we charge before those suckers snap?"
....and the real trolling is not even that. Because ultimately you can simply decide not to pay $1000 for three hours of quality Double Dumbo time. No, the problem is that the parks are first filled to overcrowding, which is then exacerbated by this very scheme that Disney spins as a solution. Your normal ticket hours have been reduced so you can't even do all those rides*, what with the overcrowding to breaking point, and then you can buy the hours back if you pay 150% surcharge.

*It could be worthwhile to check out our legal options to get refunded on part of our tickets. WDW is ran to such overcrowded conditions that Disney can not deliver on what you paid for, in both enjoyment and expected amount of rides. As Disney more or less openly admits with this new scheme.

Last edited:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
They list a grand total of FOUR attractions and a meet and greet (plus many more)....seems quite a small list of attractions to put on the FAQ officially

Phil12

The MK has always been the park where you have to carefully pick your days. WDW knows that many people are stuck (due to their own poor planning) with having to visit during busy periods. This new policy is just an extension of that deal.

The savvy MK visitor knows the proper times to visit and all the available discounts and strategies to have a pleasurable time. Knowing when not to visit the MK is half the battle and this new policy has made it a little easier.

UncleMike101

Yeah, but if it stumbles, the chances of that Tower overlay going through will decrease.

Also, funny you use the term "Gawkers fee" considering the news of Hulk Hogan destroying that site financially.
LOL.....
When I was Active Duty we used that term, along with colorful others, to describe the people who'd darn near come to a stop to look at a traffic accident, thus backing up traffic for miles on the Interstate, or for blocks in the city. We used to joke about checking to see if they had a valid "Gawkers Pass."

s8film40

Interesting to see the level of anger being expressed about this announcement on the DisneyParks Facebook page. The only positive comments so far seem to be praising capitalism rather than the announcement itself.
I'm personally very much on the if it works and doesn't interfere with normal park hours than good for them for making money side.

To offer a more positive take on this I find the whole thing very entertaining, I can't wait to see how this works out or rather doesn't!

Mike S

The MK has always been the park where you have to carefully pick your days. WDW knows that many people are stuck (due to their own poor planning) with having to visit during busy periods. This new policy is just an extension of that deal.

The savvy MK visitor knows the proper times to visit and all the available discounts and strategies to have a pleasurable time. Knowing when not to visit the MK is half the battle and this new policy has made it a little easier.
For my own curiosity can you name one thing you wouldn't defend Disney for doing? Also, why does it seem to me that each addition like this just makes planning harder? Not easier?

MuteSuperstar

In my opinion all the parks at the most-visited tourist destination on the planet, which is busier than it's ever been, should be open to everyone til at least 10pm year round, no exceptions.

That said, if they're going to do this....for 150 bucks everything should be open. Everything. That is a premium price, to say the LEAST and they are offering maybe at best 75% of the park (I'm guessing much less if we count everything including dining spots). Shameful. Disgusting.

CDavid

If this actually does work I predict that within 5 years all magic bands will be required to be linked to a credit card and simply charge you $50 for every hour you spend in the park. This seems like the logical progression.

Good thing I still opt for an RFID card then... :)

Actually, charging guests automatically for whatever level of admission they actually use isn't necessarily a evil concept; It could be a guest friendly policy, but not with the inflated prices Disney is demanding of late (and particularly not $150 for three hours).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom