How to get over the disappointment of a cancelled trip?

LauraRose

Original Poster
I was meant to be going to WDW for 2 weeks in the upcoming July with the boyfriend, but due to expenses and times we can't go and will have to look for 2016. I literally feel awful, we are booking another holiday for a week in the canary islands which looks beautiful, but it's certainly no disney.

We have been planning this holiday for so long and it was for my 18th birthday. Not to mention the last few months have been really rough due to personal problems and this just feels like the cherry on top on the cake. A pretty lousy cake.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get over it, and stay excited for a 2016 trip? They is plus sides to it, we will be in a much better financial situation and will stay on property which is a new experience, also because I will have finished my A levels I won't have exams and will be able to go in May which is when I would of much preferred to go. It's just the thought of waiting a whole year again makes me feel sad :arghh::arghh::arghh:.

Anyone had to do this before? Any help would be much appreciated :inlove:

Kosmo1986

May is a great time of year to go and July can be way to hot to really enjoy (plus it rains a lot in July). By the time you go Downtown Disney will be fully converted into Disney Springs and there should be less construction than what disney has right now. I think May of 2016 will be a great time to go!

LauraRose

Original Poster
May is a great time of year to go and July can be way to hot to really enjoy (plus it rains a lot in July). By the time you go Downtown Disney will be fully converted into Disney Springs and there should be less construction than what disney has right now. I think May of 2016 will be a great time to go!

True! That's what my July problems was I have been twice in May and once in end of June and much preferred May visits!

rodserling27

So sorry you have to cancel/postpone your trip! :( An awful feeling to be sure. In a close second place to actually going, I rather like looking forward to the next one. I love to mentally plan things out that I want to do, and am constantly making and changing dining reservations online once it's close enough to make them. Sure, it's another year away, but that means you have that much longer to plan, see what else changes, and save up more money to have a great time!

LauraRose

Original Poster
So sorry you have to cancel/postpone your trip! :( An awful feeling to be sure. In a close second place to actually going, I rather like looking forward to the next one. I love to mentally plan things out that I want to do, and am constantly making and changing dining reservations online once it's close enough to make them. Sure, it's another year away, but that means you have that much longer to plan, see what else changes, and save up more money to have a great time!

True! I am a big planner myself and my favourite part is organising so I suppose it gives more time to plan!

Monkee Girl

Agree with everyone here. I am sorry you have to cancel; that really is a bummer. But this gives you more time to plan and save money! And it sounds like you are getting a better trip out of it. You get to see a little of the Flower and Garden Festival, Star Wars weekend, and much nicer weather.

You can start planning your dining options and picking out which resort you want to stay at.

In other words, don't let it get you down, just think of it as more time to plan the perfect trip.

LauraRose

Original Poster
Agree with everyone here. I am sorry you have to cancel; that really is a bummer. But this gives you more time to plan and save money! And it sounds like you are getting a better trip out of it. You get to see a little of the Flower and Garden Festival, Star Wars weekend, and much nicer weather.

You can start planning your dining options and picking out which resort you want to stay at.

In other words, don't let it get you down, just think of it as more time to plan the perfect trip.

Thank you! I'm already starting to cheer up and look forward to nice relaxing week in a gorgeous hotel :inlove:. I was also devastated about missing the Flower and Garden Festival!

JIMINYCR

We had to postpone a trip once due to DW health, and I just decided to keep planning and saving more for trip #2 . When that next trip came about we were in a position where we did more than originally planned. Yeah when the week came that the original trip would have taken place I was kicking the walls, cursing & hating the world, but then as it passed I looked forward to the better, bigger more expansive trip. We did tours, extra side trips off property, ate at better restaurants, bought more costly souvenirs, etc. So all in all things worked out and the replacement trip was a killer trip, a sure winner to be remembered.

Dafid Duck

We were all set for Christmas 2014 in the World. It was to be a celebration of or daughter's acceptance to college (with the in laws too). Unfortunately plans had to change. Now we are hoping to go next year. I'm sure you can imagine, we are all suffering from Disney depression. Please help us out and tell us why it will be better to go in 2015.

It's all about going with the in laws before "our little girl grows up". We will just celebrate finishing her first semester in college instead of celebrating being accepted to college.

Now, our cancellation seems like we won't have another chance until we win the lottery.

LauraRose

Original Poster
We had to postpone a trip once due to DW health, and I just decided to keep planning and saving more for trip #2 . When that next trip came about we were in a position where we did more than originally planned. Yeah when the week came that the original trip would have taken place I was kicking the walls, cursing & hating the world, but then as it passed I looked forward to the better, bigger more expansive trip. We did tours, extra side trips off property, ate at better restaurants, bought more costly souvenirs, etc. So all in all things worked out and the replacement trip was a killer trip, a sure winner to be remembered.

I am starting to see the light, my boyfriend has never been before and although he is guttered he is blissfully unaware of the spell Disney can put you under! I suppose everything happens for a reason, I'm glad your trip worked out perfectly!

George Lucas on a Bench

- take turns pushing each other around the house in an office chair at night with all the lights off reenacting The Haunted Mansion

- drive through a parking structure and pretend you're on Test Track

- look at the wait time app periodically as though you're there

- play the monorail audio in your car

LauraRose

Original Poster
- take turns pushing each other around the house in an office chair at night with all the lights off reenacting The Haunted Mansion

- drive through a parking structure and pretend you're on Test Track

- look at the wait time app periodically as though you're there

- play the monorail audio in your car

Hahahahahahahhaahhaahhahahahahah! That certainly gave me a good laugh! Haunted Mansion one is my favourite!

Andsome

Sorry to hear about this, I can relate. Our family had just canceled a trip to Gainesville at the last minute due to all of us being sick, so this thread is quite timely.

LauraRose

Original Poster
Sorry to hear about this, I can relate. Our family had just canceled a trip to Gainesville at the last minute due to all of us being sick, so this thread is quite timely.

Sorry about you're cancellation, I hope you all get better soon!

George Lucas on a Bench

- activate the toaster, look inside and you're on Dinosaur/Countdown to Extinction time travel scene

dinosaur4.jpg

- play the Stacy Must Do Disney on repeat on your television, and nothing else

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom