How Scary is TOT?

Ilovewishes

Like people have said, it's the build up that's more scary than the actual ride! It's so well themed and so spooky that my heart was racing before I even got near the front of the queue! I rode it first time with my mum and she had hold of my hand and some random guy's who was sat next to her! We were both scared stiff waiting for the drop/lift but after that first one, it's not nearly so bad!

It's just one fab ride!!!

Madhatter06

The ride is fantastic. The wait building up to the fun part is the tough part. Try screaming very loud before each drop, it seems to take away some of the ahhhhhhh feeling in the stomach.:eek:

Good point! I do this on all rides with drops. Even if you don't full out scream as long as you exhale while going down you get the same effect.

bh7812

TOT is definitely the most surreal ride Disney has period. It's also one of their best rides. Is it scary? Depends on the person. I thimk the elaborate theming and detail scare me more than the ride itself. If you've never been on the ride...I've tried to figure a way to describe it to people but anything I say won't come anywhere near close to how it actually is. You've got to experience it for yourself. Once you do you'll understand what I mean. I agree with a few of the other posters even if you're scared of the ride you'll probably be fascinated with it as well and wanna ride it again. Hope ya enjoy it :)

KC82271

I took my 4 year old godson on it. He was scared beyond belief on it, we got off and he asked to go on it again. We rode it probably 8 times over the next two years. At 8, we went back, and I was pregnant and couldn't ride but he wanted so much to go on, so he dragged my MIL on on it! She was more scared than he was!

YodaGirl

I've ridden it twice - the second time only because it was DH's first trip. I say that everyone should ride it at least once. Will I ride it again? No way, but I'm a chicken who is scared of heights. :lol:

DH loved it, and my 5 yr old niece loved it.

I say go or it. You may end up loving it! Besides, if you wait in line and chicken out at the last minute, you can always ride a regular elevator down. If nothing else, you should at least see the inside of the HTH. It's awesome on the inside, plus you get to see a small segment from the Twilight Zone. :)

TwoTigersMom

Our 4 year old who will be 5 in OCTOBER keeps saying that TOT is her ride and she's going on it, When we go in September...lets see when we get there, while her 7 year old sister is a bit aprehensive about it......

:lol: DH & I talked my son, who was 5 at the time, into riding it in 2007. We got to the elevator and he decided he changed his mind and did not want to ride it. So I told him the elevator was the one that takes you out back to the chicken exit. :eek: I know I know it was mean, but he loved it. When we went back this past April he was all nervous again. DH & I did baby swap with my youngest, so the now 6 year old rode it with both of us. i'm just glad he rode with me first, because he wet himself and his daddy the 2nd time :ROFLOL:

pjulie75

So I told him the elevator was the one that takes you out back to the chicken exit. :eek: I know I know it was mean, but he loved it.

That is sooooo funny, the things we do to have a bit of fun ourselves, I can't stop LAUGHING:ROFLOL::lol::sohappy:

cblodg

I'm gonna ride The Tower of Terror for the first time on my next Disney vacation and I wanted to know if it's scary. Cause I'm pretty much a wimp.

It really is not that bad. I think most of the time your imagination runs wild and the ride really isn't that bad. Now that being said... if you don't like heights this might be a little bit iffy.

I agree with others... Just do it and see how you feel. This ride has one of the most detailed ride lines ever!

readytogo

My husband loves it, I'm "eh" with it. I don't find it "scary"...my stomach just doesn't love the "upppp...down...up...doooowwwn" feeling at the end, I feel like it goes on forever. My son went on it last year at age 5, he wasn't crazy about the fact that his "butt wouldn't stay on the seat", LOL, but I think he'll go on it again in December. So I['ll probably go on it again too!

DisneyGigi

I've ridden it twice - the second time only because it was DH's first trip. I say that everyone should ride it at least once. Will I ride it again? No way, but I'm a chicken who is scared of heights. :lol:

DH loved it, and my 5 yr old niece loved it.

I say go or it. You may end up loving it! Besides, if you wait in line and chicken out at the last minute, you can always ride a regular elevator down. If nothing else, you should at least see the inside of the HTH. It's awesome on the inside, plus you get to see a small segment from the Twilight Zone. :)

:eek: Okay... nobody told me you had to go down an elevator in the chicken exit too... that is not good if the reason you hate the ride is because you are afraid of elevators!!!
My plan was (until I read this) to pacify my family if I chickened out by taking the stairs they told me were there. :fork: They are so in trouble!

SeaBreeze

I feel like a wimp but it was a terrifying ride for me! I went on it for the first time last year during my internship and doubt I'll ever go again. However, I think that's very personal to me because I kind of have a thing with elevators. File them under my "Illogical Fears" So the terrifying part for me was completely psychological; I make everyone else I know give it a try because I was still able to recognize that ToT is the best ride at WDW, in terms of combining thrills with fantastic Imagineering.

I'd say that unless you have the same thing going on as I do, you'll be fine :wave: And even I managed to get through it without screaming! However, the little hand bars were not enough for me to latch onto but the 6'5" intern next to me was :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom