How Scary is TOT?

piratetreasure

Original Poster
I'm gonna ride The Tower of Terror for the first time on my next Disney vacation and I wanted to know if it's scary. Cause I'm pretty much a wimp.

disneymyway

Well I'm really old and I'm the biggest wimp you ever saw -- and I love Tower of Terror.:wave:

You should just do it. It will be scary the first time but then you'll want to do it over and over.

Let us know how you liked it!!! :)

k.hunter30

I agree with the above poster. My husband has a love/hate relationship with ToT. He hates it while he's waiting in line and at the very beginning. But by the end he's wanting to ride it again.

Go for it!

TOT Ride :)

Hi my last trip to Disney Hollywood Stuidos was the weekend of Memorial Day. I went on TOT I haven't been on that ride since the opening of it.
I was a bit nervous but I had to do it. I wasn't bad at all, the ride has changed since they opened it. If you are really scared for the first time sit in the seats in the back....You will love it when its over you will want to do it over again in the front. :)
Hope you love it. Don't worry Disney never wants anyone to be that scared, just a tad. :)
Take care and enjoy your trip to Disney ok.
Get on Rockin Rollercoaster too, that is quick and fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Tinkerchelli

SiriusBlack

It is the best done ride at Disney IMO. It is all build up and excitment rather than actual scares. It is a great ride, you should definately do it :)

IndyDisney

Go for it, man! The first time I rode ToT I was 13 (granted, it was on the day it opened. Yeah, I'm old) and have loved it ever since. The ride itself isn't "scary" per se, but as a previous poster mentioned, it's all about the anticipation of the drop you know is coming. Ride on!

Let us know what you thought.

-Dave

JustPlainBill

It's one of, if not the best thrill ride I've ever been on in my life.
I was always a big chicken as a kid and wouldn't ride anything, my kids take after me unfortunately.
It wasn't until I was 13 (I'm 43 now) at other amusement parks did a few friends of mine dragged me onto some rides did I begin to try the big and scary.
I rode ToT for the first time last summer, only because the previous time I had visited WDW, ToT hadn't been built yet.
It was scary waiting in line, I saw some older teenagers and young adults almost lose it when they walked up to the elevator doors, knees almost buckling, especially when the ride attendant pulled their schtick. If you're brave enough to get through the queue, the ride pays off well. It was quite intense for me, since I have always had a fear of heights, which also goes hand in hand with a fear of falling. The experience is so exhilarating, I felt an adrenaline high for four hours after riding. It's like that for any thrill ride, the anticipatioon is always worse than the actual ride itself. You will be rewarded if you try it out!

Disneybird

The first time I rode TOT was soon after it opened and I made a deal with my daughter that we would ride it just once since everyone else was (she was apprehensive too). We wound up riding it 4 times that day.

Now I love to ride it with people that have never been on it before and are not sure what to expect. We are always laughing by the time the ride is over.

DisneyGigi

I rode it once and could not convince myself to get back on it. I promised that I would try it again in September. :lookaroun Everyone says if I will just bite the bullet and ride it twice in a row that I will like it. I guess that is what I should have done to start with because I think I have convinced myself that it is worse than it really is.

Mikester71

I rode it once and could not convince myself to get back on it. I promised that I would try it again in September. :lookaroun Everyone says if I will just bite the bullet and ride it twice in a row that I will like it. I guess that is what I should have done to start with because I think I have convinced myself that it is worse than it really is.

I am in the exact same boat as you. I rode it on our first trip back in March of 2005 and had psyched myself out so bad last trip (March 2007) that I never could work myself up enough to try it again. :eek: Maybe next March; although I wouldn't hold my breath. :ROFLOL:

figmentmom

It scares the SOCKS off me while I'm on it, but the very first thing I want to do as soon as the ride is over is ride it again. :ROFLOL:

pjulie75

My 4 year old went in this year in Disneyland Paris and she loved it, she was tall enough to go on and I was really nervous but she loved it!!! We are sitting on the front row far left, she has a green top, I will try and post a pic. She looks a bit stunned in pic but enjoyed it more than me, she is a brave we cookie!! Her twin sister was too scared. Cant work out how to show it on page but here is the link:

http://www1.snapfish.co.uk/slidesho...5212981804/a=126657413_126657413/t_=126657413

Madhatter06

Yeah my picture has me gritting my teeth but my eyes stayed open!:lol: (my RnRC pic my eyes are closed really tight)

The initial drop is the scariest but then as everyone says you can't wait to ride it again. Plus the pre-ride and build up is so elaborate that it's worth the scare just to see it.

I know there's several different "rides" within it, but isn't it true that you never go all the way down before they bring you back up? I remember what felt like eight stories as the longest drop. Either way I hate "drop" rides at other parks and had no trouble with this one.

zoejayne

my boyfriend likes the ride but
when i go there i doubt i will
go on it because im the biggest
wimp out lmao! Im terrified of heights
aswell which will add to it!!

dixiegirl

My 4 year old went in this year in Disneyland Paris and she loved it, she was tall enough to go on and I was really nervous but she loved it!!! We are sitting on the front row far left, she has a green top, I will try and post a pic. She looks a bit stunned in pic but enjoyed it more than me, she is a brave we cookie!! Her twin sister was too scared. Cant work out how to show it on page but here is the link:

http://www1.snapfish.co.uk/slidesho...5212981804/a=126657413_126657413/t_=126657413

Our 4 year old who will be 5 in OCTOBER keeps saying that TOT is her ride and she's going on it, When we go in September...lets see when we get there, while her 7 year old sister is a bit aprehensive about it......

MickeyspalJim

The ride is fantastic. The wait building up to the fun part is the tough part. Try screaming very loud before each drop, it seems to take away some of the ahhhhhhh feeling in the stomach.:eek:

krisrunsdisney

My older son has been riding it since he was 4 and a half (he's 6 now). He will tell you it is his favorite ride. He loves standing in line with scared adults and telling them every detail about ToT (he's got an incredibly detailed memory). They are always amazed then try to act brave! He tried to steer most everyday conversations at home and school to Disney, particularly ToT.

His almost 8 year old sister refuses to ride it, though she loves RnRC and Space Mountain. And my almost 3yo son always tries to get in the ToT line as well. So don't worry, you'll be fine!

MrsJackSparrow

To me, ToT is not nearly as scary as out-in-the-open roller coasters. That climb is so nerve-wrecking! With ToT being indoors and only having brief glimpses of outside, it didn't seem frightening at all.

That being said, I screamed like a baby! :lol:

Try watching some videos of it on you tube. You definitely know when you are out of the drop chamber, so you know when you're almost done.

Probably one of the very best rides ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom