How Often do you visit WDW?

muse1983

After being part of wdwmagic for over 2 years now sometimes I feel like I'm part of a small group who actually aren't able to visit our home away from home (wdw of course) on such a regular basis. We attempt to visit every 2-3 years which seems like a lifetime sometimes...so how often are you guys able to visit?

jlevis

Well, I'm retired and my wife has a generous vacation schedule. We typically go twice a year. On occasion 3 times. We have three timeshares in Orlando which helps. Guess, I'll add that we drive, as much to enjoy the scenery as to avoid the air fare, and we have Annual Passes.

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
We're going 3 times this year. But, we live within 7 hours of Orlando, have APs, and stay offsite as much time as we do onsite. We use the TiW card for our meals, and don't need much in the way souvenirs.

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

If I had the money I would go three times a year. Our current schedule is either once a year or once every other year. It is getting harder to swing it every year due to financial restrictions, but I am grateful for every single visit I get to make.

Upvote 0

Mr Wizard

We have been lucky enough to be able to go at least once a year ( usually for our anniversary ) for the last ten years or so. Went multiple times one year when we sprung for annual passes. Hoping for buisness to keep going well to be able to pull off a Christmas decorations trip at FW the first week of Dec for a two time this year.
And I thought it was kinda the opposite here. A get together of people who go constantly and still can't get enough so we all talk about it untill the next time.

Upvote 0

OrangeTeach

We have only been 3 times. 2001, 2008, 2011. Love to go, but can't afford to. No place I'd rather be than WDW. It is a 1300 mile drive one-way and we always drive. It does make each trip really special and getting to see the changes to the parks each time is pretty cool, so in some ways, it is neat to have the trips spaced out a few years. Would still love to go more often. Not sure when we'll get the opportunity again. :(

Upvote 0

piglet66

I have been there at least once a year since 1986. There are several years that we made it twice. Also, have been to Disneyland three times, the first in 1976.

Upvote 0

britdaw

Well, this is my first trip back since I was a little kid, but my husband's family used to go every 5 years or so. That is a tradition that I'd like to carry on with my kids, if we can. :) Although if we had the money, I'd go every single year!

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

If I had the money I would go three times a year. Our current schedule is either once a year or once every other year. It is getting harder to swing it every year due to financial restrictions, but I am grateful for every single visit I get to make.
We go every or every other year. I can't imagine going more....it is way more magical when there are two years between trips.

Upvote 0

koryadams

well, from 1994-2009, we tried to go every year, skipped a couple years here and there, but we have gone almost every year. And now we joined DVC in 2010, so we went that september, then 8 months later, we went again, then we will be going again April 2012 (11 months later) then again in December 2012 (8 months) so we have this thing going now where we go less than a year apart (which I love)

btw I live in Ohio and drive every time I don't live close to WDW (1000 miles away) :(

But yeah! lol

Upvote 0

muse1983

Original Poster
Yeah, it's a hard wait but going every 2-3 years does seem to make it even more magical when you step on Main Street again. But if we lived 2-3 hours away we would be there probably 10 times a year lol. We just got back 4 days ago....and I can't wait to be back in line for Space Mountain again! We might luck out and be able to go back in May of next year...heres hoping!:wave:

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

living only 3 hours away with annual pass we go at least 3 times a year sometimes more. Daughter in law is a castmember and gets big resort discounts. Usually go in early Dec. early May, and Sept. In 2012 were going in mid Oct. because my daughter is getting married there! We go for a week at a time, sometimes we also add in a long weekend here and there. Can't wait in a few years after retirement will go even more! We are empty nesters and enjoy the parks as adults. Making lots of memories for those days when we are too old to go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom