How often do you go?

Holly

I know there are quite a few on here who are blessed to be able to live within a short driveable distance to WDW ... and I'm jealous!

But for the others, how often do you make the trek down to Disney? More than once a year? Every couple of years? And do you make new reservations upon returning from your last trip like I'm about to do? LOL

Let's see ... as a family we went in November of 2002 to WDW.

Did Universal in 2003 and a cruise in 2004.

And now Disney has sucked us back in after our vacation last week ... we're planning on December of 2006. (Even the DH has made mention - I had a call today to contract us in our side business for 12/2 of '06 - and he was like "we can't do that! we'll be in Disney!!" First, I couldn't believe he actually remembered! And second, just WOW! He wants to go back again!)

So, I'll be making new ressies sometime soon for Dec. 2006. :kiss:

How 'bout you?

CMSomeday

My wife, 2 yr old girl, and I are one time per year folks (October is our current vice), but we are always tempted to go twice a year but fear of burnout, 13 hr drive (starting to fly), and wallet anorexia gets in the way. Have been in various summertime months and the fall...would like to try Christmastime (not Christmas week) and springtime next.

Love it down there.

Upvote 0

JaclynR

If we lived closer, I'd be going as often as I could. I'm 27 and have only been to WDW three times. The last time was 2003 and with our 2 toddlers, and we didn't get to see much. I'm happy that I did get to experience Epcot in the early 90's though.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

We started out going once a year, then we joined DVC and started geting APs and go once a year or more. The most we have gone in 12 months is 3 times. We did this during 2003 and are doing it again this year. In 2 weeks we head back, 3rd time in 12 months. Really looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

For me as a child, it used to be only one trip every couple of years. As I got older, we started making it a near-yearly thing. In the past decade, we've gone at least once a year. For the last two years, we've gone twice a year. This year, we are going to try and go three times!!!

Upvote 0

tigger248

As a child, I went once every several years. I had a long stretch of not going to WDW with numerous DLR trips in between (I lived in southern California for a few years as a kid).

Then, my parents mistakenly told me in 1997 that we could go back when I became a HS senior. So, in 2000, I promptly reminded them of that promise and we booked a trip. Then, in 2001, my aunt (who hadn't been since 1996) got jealous and wanted to go, but had no one to go with. So, out of the goodness of my heart, I told her I'd be glad to go with her. She ended up giving me the best graduation present ever and she took me to WDW for a week as a graduation gift. On that 2001 trip, I found out about the 100 yom celebration and came home begging my parents for another trip. We booked a trip for summer 2002. I then applied for and was accepted into the WDW college program, so I ended up going to WDW daily for 7 months in 2002. In 2003 I went twice and in 2004 I went twice. But, this year I didn't get to go at all. I'm suffering from withdrawl so bad right now! I had a lot of unexpected expenses...new car, new computer, etc. and that took away my trip money. :(

I am planning a trip in May to disneyland and working on a (hopeful) trip to WDW next December as a college graduation gift. I'm especially excited about Disneyland, since I haven't been since 1991 and a lot has changed.

Upvote 0

Edeyore

I go as often as I can, but that has amounted to a total of 6 times. 1986 (Honeymoon), 1988 (Wife & I), 1992 (Wife, son & in-laws and me) 1998 (Wife & two sons), 2000 (Same), 2004 (Again). I have always loved it, and have stayed off premises, on premises at Polynesian twice and the All Star Sport twice.

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

i have been 12 times my first trip in 1988 when i was 4 and since then i went in 1991, 1995, 1997, 1998, twice in 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005 and i am going back in january 2006. i used to only go with family and friends but in may i went on my first solo trip and realizing how much fun i can have solo... i plan on going to wdw at least once or twice a year now, whether it be by myself or with someone :)

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

It started off as being once every 4 to 5 years for me, but since August 2003, I have been 6 times - 4 in this year alone!!!!! :lol:

Heck, I even have an AP now! I don't know of many other Canadians who are as twisted as me, but there you go... I now tell myself I have to stay working at the Big Evil Firm in order to feed my addiction!! (Laura22, I've said it to you once, but I'll say it again - I totally agree with your addiction hypothesis!! :lol: )

Upvote 0

Foolish Mortal

Have been going every year since 89 with the exception of 92/93/99. The last 7 or 8 years I go the day after Thanksgiving. This year and last year I was able to go twice. Am planning on going twice in 06. If I could hit a lottery number a 3rd trip would be added.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Stitch_Kingdom said:
And you think you are too far from the magic?! You are sooooooo lucky!!!! :cry:

"Too far from the magic" would be anywhere off property, wouldn't it? :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom