How often do you go?

Holly

I know there are quite a few on here who are blessed to be able to live within a short driveable distance to WDW ... and I'm jealous!

But for the others, how often do you make the trek down to Disney? More than once a year? Every couple of years? And do you make new reservations upon returning from your last trip like I'm about to do? LOL

Let's see ... as a family we went in November of 2002 to WDW.

Did Universal in 2003 and a cruise in 2004.

And now Disney has sucked us back in after our vacation last week ... we're planning on December of 2006. (Even the DH has made mention - I had a call today to contract us in our side business for 12/2 of '06 - and he was like "we can't do that! we'll be in Disney!!" First, I couldn't believe he actually remembered! And second, just WOW! He wants to go back again!)

So, I'll be making new ressies sometime soon for Dec. 2006. :kiss:

How 'bout you?

We try to go twice a year every year and after the recent Christmas visit we're planning on making the first two weeks of December a regular slot.

So as we usually go on my Birthday too I imagine it'll be March and December each year.

Saying that we want to make Halloween some time so it might be three times this year! :lol:

Upvote 0

spacemtnfanatic

When I was in school we would always go over MLK Weekend in mid-January...arrive in Orlando Thursday night, parks Fri-Sun and a half day Mon. That was 1997-2001. 2002 we started leaving Tuesday. 2004 we did Thurs.-Tues. but over Presidents Day weekend in February. 2005 I started college and now we go for a week at the beginning of January before Spring Semester and start the trip off with a day at Universal as a "warm up"

We also took a trip to Orlando with my high school band my senior year in April 2004 and only did Universal. On the bus ride down I caught a glimpse of Pop and almost had to be sedated I was so angry.

So - the answer is yearly, from Ohio (now college in Western PA)

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Since we started, yearly [except once :brick:]. If anything, I might add a summertime trip, driving down instead of flying, but for now late-Jan/early-Feb is my prefered time. Not because it's value season, but because crowds are less intense.

Upvote 0

shmmrname

We have tried to go every year to two years, which is about as much as we can afford. Living in IL the drive is extremely time-consuming. We like how it makes our visits more exciting because we can't go as often as we'd like.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

We usually go every February with a group of 10 or so who also like to go to Universal, Sea World, etc., so we're only at WDW a couple of days then. My DH and I try to escape there at least one more weekend during off-season.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

We go definitely once a year and very often twice a year. We buy an annual pass and try to get 2-3 trips out of it (July, December, June). This past year we visited WDW in July 2004, December 2004, DL in June 2005 and WDW in July 2005 using our annual pass for the WDW trips.

Upvote 0

srkingdom2

Since i live only a couple of hours away from Disney we go 10-12 times a year and sometimes randomly for example i am watching tv dad pops in "Do you have clean clothes?" "Yes, i believe i do" Dad says well stick that cra* into a suitcase cuz were going to disney world" WDW i go millions of times but sadly i have only been to Disneyland 3...:cry:

Upvote 0

Raven66

We go once a year. Except we didn't go in 2003 because we moved from Michigan to Missouri. But thankfully we are back on track!:sohappy: We also usually go in May but this year due to circumstances we are going in Feb. So this year will be new for us.

Upvote 0

DisneySam

I usually go about once a year. My best friend has a time share we use in Orlando so that makes it nice. That is when we usually take our week long trip.
But I am working on adding a Christmas and Winter (Jan/Feb) trip into the mix. Just one of the benefits of having little responsibilities and able to go at the drop of a hat. :rolleyes: We'll see.
I used to live in Tampa (55 Minutes from my driveway to the Ears Power lines) so I am having withdrawls not being able to go for the day or whenever I want. LOL

Upvote 0

PatsRule

Try to go once a year since we are DVC members. Don't like to take kids out of school for many days so our trips are around school vacations. Wife and kids have separate vacations so I get to go in Feb and March this year:sohappy:

Upvote 0

dandaman

Well, I go maybe twice a day, more if I'm not feeling that well.

...Oooooh, you meant how often do I go to Disney.. :lookaroun

I go an average of about every other year.

Upvote 0

debpeduz

My family goes about once to twice a year. It started out as once a year, every summer when we were off from school, and now that we are older, we go down more often. The last trip was for my brother's wedding in Disney World in May and the next trip is in 29 days!

Upvote 0

taramarie

We go....

We are fairly new to the Disney experience. ( I almost hate to say it! LOL)

I have been to Disney World and Land when I was young (12 and 13). Then I did not go again till I was in my 20's. I went to Epcot only with my husband one Thanksgiving. Then I went for a teacher day to Epcot a few years later.

I finally went back with my own family in July of 2004. We have been ready to go back everyday since then! We are going in Febuary of 2006. If we like the time of year we might go over Mardi Gras every other year or so. (So that would be Feb or March depending on 12th night)

All I know is that I WISH I could go more often than we do. Money, Time, and School always get in the way. :cry:

Tara

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom