How often do you go?

Holly

I know there are quite a few on here who are blessed to be able to live within a short driveable distance to WDW ... and I'm jealous!

But for the others, how often do you make the trek down to Disney? More than once a year? Every couple of years? And do you make new reservations upon returning from your last trip like I'm about to do? LOL

Let's see ... as a family we went in November of 2002 to WDW.

Did Universal in 2003 and a cruise in 2004.

And now Disney has sucked us back in after our vacation last week ... we're planning on December of 2006. (Even the DH has made mention - I had a call today to contract us in our side business for 12/2 of '06 - and he was like "we can't do that! we'll be in Disney!!" First, I couldn't believe he actually remembered! And second, just WOW! He wants to go back again!)

So, I'll be making new ressies sometime soon for Dec. 2006. :kiss:

How 'bout you?

Ducky_Love

srkingdom2 said:
for example i am watching tv dad pops in "Do you have clean clothes?" "Yes, i believe i do" Dad says well stick that cra* into a suitcase cuz were going to disney world"

LOL, I grew up the same way. We'd be watching a WDW special on the Travel Channel and Dad would pop his head in the door and ask if we wanted to go see Mickey for the weekend.

.. Of course the answer was always, "YES!!" :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ZapperZ

We go to WDW 2 to 3 times a year. A trip over the Memorial Day week, another trip over the Labor Day week, and on every other year, a trip over New Year into the first week in January, which is what we will do this year (hooray!).

However, we may break the record this coming year since we are planning on going for the DVC member preview of Expedition Everest in late January. Plus, the Memorial Day week trip in 2006 will start at Disneyland and ends at Disney World!

:)

Zz.

Upvote 0

HunnyPot

When I was a child, my family went once a year, in October. We did that until I was in middle school. Then, schedules, teams, clubs, and other things started to interfere. I went for Spring Break my 8th grade year and didn't go back until my Senior year, and that was only because I was looking at a college in Tampa...we only went for one day. When I lived in Tampa, I only went four times, college was too hectic to go. Since I've been married though.....we went once in 2004, twice in 2005, and we're heading back down in 31 days! So, my DH and I have made it a tradition to go at least once a year...twice if we can afford it. (I will never again stay off site, so we have to be able to afford it.)

I wish I could go all the time though...I also wish I could go back to college and go more then. I was so close...don't know why I didn't take advantage of that...Oh well!

Upvote 0

SallyShine

We go about every other year. The kids and I love it, my husband is not a big fan. However, he did suprise me with a trip for my 40th bday, so he can't be all that bad.

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

Holly said:
I know there are quite a few on here who are blessed to be able to live within a short driveable distance to WDW ... and I'm jealous!

But for the others, how often do you make the trek down to Disney? More than once a year? Every couple of years? And do you make new reservations upon returning from your last trip like I'm about to do? LOL

Let's see ... as a family we went in November of 2002 to WDW.

Did Universal in 2003 and a cruise in 2004.

And now Disney has sucked us back in after our vacation last week ... we're planning on December of 2006. (Even the DH has made mention - I had a call today to contract us in our side business for 12/2 of '06 - and he was like "we can't do that! we'll be in Disney!!" First, I couldn't believe he actually remembered! And second, just WOW! He wants to go back again!)

So, I'll be making new ressies sometime soon for Dec. 2006. :kiss:

How 'bout you?

134 times from November 21, 2004 - November 20, 2005.

Upvote 0

GoofyFreek

We usually go 8-10 times a year. But this year we are in the 10-12 range. There have been to many internet screw ups this year not to pass up on. And to many festivals we have to see more than once to see it all.

I love taking the surveys and when they ask how many times you have visited WDW and they look at you shocked when you say 100+

Upvote 0

disneygirl03

It used to be every other year. But I've been there every year since 2001 now, and will be going again next week (aaahhhh!!) and probably again next year since we got 10-day hopper passes with the no expiration!!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :xmas:

Upvote 0

slowbee

we average once a year, but since we bought the AP's this year, we'll get to go 4 times before using it up... Plus we have to go back for christmas in 06 because it's just hands down the coolest time to go. We're hooked after one christmas trip *sobb* 19 days ago...

Upvote 0

Yanks07

PhotoDave219 said:
134 times from November 21, 2004 - November 20, 2005.
PhotoDave, that is incredible!:king: I assume were talking day trips.
Since 01 twice a year for me and three every other year. Been to HH 3 times(Love my golf) and Vero once. dvcmember since 01.:cool:

Upvote 0

#1DizGal

Being an AP holder, I took an unprecedented 3 trips to my happy place this year. I'm going back in 4 weeks, too, as a Christmas present to myself. What a great way to start out the New Year, eh?

Upvote 0

wired

hcswingfield said:
Once or twice a year, some years three times. Depends on how long it takes to pay off the last trip.

Agree with you there..... Man the wife can really get out of hand with "weneeds". Come on you know... "what do you think of this?"... "All weneed this, it would look great next to the ...." yep I am sure we all have been there...

Disney Magic is: "how much did you spend, great it is from Disney it will be wonderful" ....week later.... "We spent how much? we were only at Disney for a week?" :p

Man, I love that place... :lol:

wired

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
The frequency of my visits has been steadily increasing, to the dismay of my bank account LOL.

Growing up it was usually once a year. It was a 30 hour drive from Upstate, NY so we didn't exactly care to make that drive repeatedly.

I got married, took my Disney cruise honeymoon in 1999, and then became a flat broke newlywed. I took a trip while hubby was deployed in 2001 and then we didn't go again till Sept 2003. Was all we could afford at the time.

Then we started making more regular visits. Went in July 2004, then again in Jan-Feb 2005. Upon arriving home from that trip I immediately planned and booked another trip for Sept-Oct 2005. Halfway through the planning for that trip I booked yet another trip for Nov-Dec 2005. 2 weeks before leaving for that trip I received word that I would be going again in Jan-Feb 2006.

But now I've got myself used to going to Disney every 8 weeks and right now I'm about halfway between 2 trips and completely losing my mind. I'm addicted - I feel like I gotta hurry up and get back down there! So I'm thinking I might need to plan a quickie for about 8 weeks after my Jan-Feb trip so I don't have a nervous breakdown LOL. I'm already doing up the figures for taking a solo trip towards the end of March.

Thank god my poor husband got a huge raise. At this point it almost seems feasible to just buy a second house in Orlando rather than continuing to fork over 10 grand a year for hotel accomodations. I'm serious too - we pay more money per year to stay in Disney than we pay for our own house!

Upvote 0

fredtom

Since 2001, my DW and I have been fortunate enough to take an annual trip to WDW, usually in the fall. There was a period from 1989 to 2001 when we didn't take an extended vacation, but we lived in Southern California then and were DL annual passholders. We were really lucky this year to book two stays, one at the end of September and the beginning of November.

As soon as we return from our Disney trip, I immediately go into planning mode for the next year... and can't wait. It's the only thing that keeps me going through the year.

"An Adventurers life is best..."! :wave:

Sept. 1989-- CBR, GF
Sept./Oct. 2001-- POR, CSR
Oct. 2002-- AKL
Oct. 2003-- AKL, Poly, Wonder
Sept./Oct. 2004-- BWV, SSR, OKW
Sept. 2005-- VWL, BWV
Nov. 2005-- OKW
DVC member since 2003

Upvote 0

blackerbys17

Well, I;ve been to WDW 4 times in the last 6 months but then again, I only live 4 hours away.

Honestly, it is time to slow down. I just got back yesterday so maybe I'm just tired, but I don't think I'll go again until next MNSSHP in October 06.

Maybe this way I'll finally finish paying off all my credit cards!:hammer:

Upvote 0

SarahBella82

Now that my sister lives in the area (Mt. Dora), we get there once or twice a year. Plus, both of my siblings have been or are getting married in Florida within 1.5 years of eachother, so we've REALLY got an excuse now!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom