How much will the refurb affect guests?

muse1983

Original Poster
With such a massive refurb happening in fantasyland, how bad do you think it will affect guests who are visiting during that time? It seems as if it would be hard to even keep that section of the park open with such a massive refurb going on... at least the star wars update will be open by the time we go back in late 2011!!

janoimagine

My guess would be that aside from the Castle Wall construction and the removal of the Dumbo spinner, I wouldn't expect much impact on current guest flow in FL. The hardest hit area would be toontown, I would expect the majority of the impact to land their. :shrug: Most of the construction would occurr in undeveloped area's of the park. IMHO

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Disney have made it clear that the current Fantasyland will remain open during all of this, and there will be very minimal interruption. A great benefit of building a totally new area!

Toontown Fair however will obviously be closing at some point for it's demolition.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Disney have made it clear that the current Fantasyland will remain open during all of this, and there will be very minimal interruption. A great benefit of building a totally new area!

Toontown Fair however will obviously be closing at some point for it's demolition.
I would assume that they would get as much built and operating as possible on the old 20k plot before they demo Toon Town.

WishIwasThere

They were able to demo 20K and build the little Pooh area with minimal disruption to guests. So block off Toontown path around Pete's and after the barnstormer, close the RR station and put up some walls along the train tracks, and you are all set. I would think that pulling out Dumbo would be the second stage of the construction. Putting the new ones in would probably be the first.

King Mickey

i think the toontown refurb would not effect guest much but when they have to redo fantasyland to put in the little mermaid and beuty and the beast and sleeping beauty stuff fantasyland will have to close.

Figment632

Besides Toon Town not at all.

Also I bet Dumbo stays open until the new one is ready.

When is Pixie Hollow supposed to open because the video made it seem like a later addition?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
i think the toontown refurb would not effect guest much but when they have to redo fantasyland to put in the little mermaid and beuty and the beast and sleeping beauty stuff fantasyland will have to close.
No, Steve just said it shouldn't.

Figment632

So anyword on when this expected to start:shrug:

Soon but I don't see how it will ever be done by 2012? They started work on Carsland in DL earlier this tear and that won't be done till 2013.

On the other hand all they are relay building is TLM, Dumbo and a bunch of meet and greets so I guess it's possible.

Kamikaze

When is Pixie Hollow supposed to open because the video made it seem like a later addition?

Pixie Hollow is going to be the last piece to open, it seems. That way they can get everything else set up and open, then go back and demo Toon Town and build PH.

RSoxNo1

So anyword on when this expected to start:shrug:

January 2010 apparently.

Soon but I don't see how it will ever be done by 2012? They started work on Carsland in DL earlier this tear and that won't be done till 2013.

On the other hand all they are relay building is TLM, Dumbo and a bunch of meet and greets so I guess it's possible.

I kept hearing 2012 for Carsland, and they're just starting the earth moving right now.

Fantasyland should be done by 2012 except for Pixie Hollow which should open by 2013.

jimmyritt33

Toontown is going to be completely demolished!?! No more Mickey and Minnie's house? I am really starting to hate this Fantasyland expansion.

MKCP 1985

I would think the closing of Toontown :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: will create some serious over-crowding in Fantasyland, so hopefully it won't all go down at one time.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Toontown is going to be completely demolished!?! No more Mickey and Minnie's house? I am really starting to hate this Fantasyland expansion.
Toontown was yet another project that was never designed to be permanent. It was originally designed as Mickey's Starland for Mickey's birthday and was only supposed to be there for a few years. It was rebranded and refurbed to be Mickey's ToonTown in 1996. From what I hear many of the tents are absolutely on their last leg and what will be replacing it will be so much better.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Toontown was yet another project that was never designed to be permanent. It was originally designed as Mickey's Starland for Mickey's birthday and was only supposed to be there for a few years. It was rebranded and refurbed to be Mickey's ToonTown in 1996. From what I hear many of the tents are absolutely on their last leg and what will be replacing it will be so much better.

I don't disagree that TT is on its last legs. I will say that I'm going to miss that area (as will my kids). But, as long as Barnstormer stays in some fashion I think they'll end up excited by the changes. At least I'll get to say goodbye to TT in December......:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom