How much will the refurb affect guests?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't disagree that TT is on its last legs. I will say that I'm going to miss that area (as will my kids). But, as long as Barnstormer stays in some fashion I think they'll end up excited by the changes. At least I'll get to say goodbye to TT in December......:wave:
At least for once the general public will know that it is going away and we won't run into a situation like 20k where it is simply closed forever without even the slightest warning.

yipikyer

we are planning a trip at the end of april. Does anyone knows what will and won't be closes. I promised my 4 year old a Dumbo ride. If it's closes, she'll be upset!
Any clues?

SirGoofy

Excellent news indeed. So, when do think the actual attraction will close definatly. So i can tell friends to pay a last visit to old friends...

Toontown?

I wouldn't expect Toontown to close until very late in the process. I'd guess late 2011, maybe not until 2012.

None of the original Fantasyland attractions are closing, save Dumbo for a short period of time.

aladdin2007

What is planned to happen to Barnstormer theme wise? If Dumbo is in that area Im guessing it would probably be something from one the older classic Disney films? Or will it be part of Pixie Hollow. Seems that was the only part of the refurb that nothing was announced on.

RSoxNo1

The attractions that would appear to need downtime are:

Dumbo (to move the spinner)
Carousel (If it's still moving)
Mad Tea Party (If the roof is changing)
Barnstromer (if it's being rethemed)
Considering we have a 3 year window for construction, I would imagine that the downtime for these would be staggered, and none of it would be substantial. As I said elsewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if they open up Dumbo in it's new location with one spinner, the same day they close Dumbo in the old Location. To get an idea on the spinner time frame - how long was the Astro Orbiter down at Disneyland? They completely dismantled it recently and put it back together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom