How much time to you "really" spend at the resorts?

EpcotMark

Original Poster
How much time do you "really" spend at the resorts? I mean so many people go to Disney and stay at the fanciest resorts but spend most of their time if not all of the day time at the parks. After all, there is so much to do. So, do you find yourself, staying at the cheaper resorts because of this fact? I sure do. What's the point of spending all that money if you're not going to be there or only just for sleeping?:snore:

tumelo

How much time do you "really" spend at the resorts? I mean so many people go to Disney and stay at the fanciest resorts but spend most of their time if not all of the day time at the parks. After all, there is so much to do. So, do you find yourself, staying at the cheaper resorts because of this fact? I sure do. What's the point of spending all that money if you're not going to be there or only just for sleeping?:snore:

Normally, we do spend alot of time at our resort, which is always the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I enjoy the morning on the balcony watching the animals, and the evening sitting in the lobby or by the pool. Sometimes, we plan a day to go out shopping and then spend the rest of the day enjoying the hotel. Like you said, the deluxe resorts are alot of money, but most of the time people don't really get to enjoy them.

Mikester71

Agree 100%! :sohappy:

cjgtigger

I usually do the Moderate resorts or if I can get a good deal the deluxe. We do not spend much time in the resorts but the better the resort the less likely you are to spend time in long lines waiting for buses to parks/DTD. It is also easier to get a good breakfast at the cafeteria too.

Disney05

You're right, I don't think most people spend a lot of time at the resort they're at. So it's a good argument to stay where it is cheapest. We usually go moderate. Have never stayed at a value. We do spend at least one day doing nothing, just hanging out at our resort.

David

We spend very little time in the resort. Our normal plan is to go the the park with EEH, so we're at the bus stop by 7:30 at the latest, then do not return until the parks close. No return for naps or swims. We're at Disney to do Disney. Naps and swims I can do at home.

WDFAN1977

When staying at a deluxe resort, my family and I split our time between the resort and parks. We just finished staying at AKL and actually spent more time there. During our 5 days, we did a day at AK and a day at MK. The rest of the time we took advantage of all the extras that AKL had to offer. We did something similar a few years back when we stayed at WL.

DisneyPrincess5

That is a good point...many people don't spend a lot of time at their resort, even when they're paying big bucks for it!

Last trip, we surprised ourselves by how much time we spent at the Poly.

We got up early every day, went nuts at the parks, and were tired by like 6 or 7pm and had to go back and relax and sleep!
We ended up eating dinner almost every night (except for 2 when we had ADRs somewhere) at Captain Cooks which we liked a lot.

We spent more time there than we expected we would but it was great.

tigsmom

We spend a decent portion of each day at the hotel and we like to enjoy our surroundings. It doesn't matter how much you pay (what level of hotel), you want to be comfortable. To us, the hotel is a part of the vacation as there is so much to do there as well, more than just sleep & shower. It is a vacation and we want to relax; if I wanted to run all day to the point of exhaustion then I would have stayed home & worked. :lol:

To each his own, I'll spend my money how I wish and you spend yours however you do. :wave:

SleepingMonk

We actually spend quite a bit of time at the resorts. They have excellent dining options, nice gyms and spas, plenty of shopping and various other amenities.

If we only went to WDW once a year I could see how spending more time at the parks would be more important, but for us the resorts are equal to the parks in terms of overall vacation enjoyment.

drossjr

when we go without the kids about 3 hours to sleep and half an hour for breakfast.

add an hour for sleep and another half hour with the kids

we go with the moderates and nothing below for the simple fact its a more pleasant experience and cleaner and overall better class of people :p

yankspy

We stay at the Beach Club a lot and we generally do one day at a park then the next day off. We spend a lot of time at the resorts because we like to relax as well. Sometimes on the off days we will stroll over to Epcot after dinner to catch Illuminations and walk around WS.

happymom52003

Before we had kids, we'd be at the parks the entire day, every day. But we also had no idea what we were missing because until the kids came along we never stayed at a Disney Resort. We would have been bored to death spending time at the run of the mill hotels we used to stay at. We really regret not staying at Deluxe Disney resorts back then.

Now that we have kids, we spend the afternoons at our resort. If our trip is a week long, we usually take a full day in the middle of the week to spend at the resort. We love hanging out at the resort. For us, the resort is a big part of the Disney experience.

I have a feeling that even when our kids are older and do not need the afternoon break from the parks, we will still spend time at the resort.

Jeff456

I pretty much agree with the op, we spend most of our time in the parks and it doesn't make a whole let of sense to stay in anything other than a value, personally although I have stayed in AKL and it is nice I still enjoy even being at a value like ASM, I don't feel we spend enough time in the hotel for it to really be worth it.

MissM

Being a Passholder that lives an hour away, I get to spend as much time in the parks as I want but rarely do I stay over. It's hard to justify the expense if I can be home in about sixty minutes.

That said, however, the couple of times we made a weekend out of it and DID stay over, we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. Why? Because if we're going to do it, we're going to do it right. The theme, the grounds, the lobby - it's all just part of the experience for us. If we wanted an inexpensive place to go to sleep, we could get any number of off-site hotels or just go home. But if we're staying on property, we're going for it the whole way.

tink68

We have actually stayed at all levels but the past couple of times have been deluxe. Mainly for us because we like being close to go back for naps for our little one or to go and swim. Once we are past the stroller age we may go back to a value or mod but since we are only able to take one vacation a year we might as well go all out. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom