How much of Disney World has to be open for you to go?

How much of Disney World needs to be running?

• Just Disney Springs

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Magic Kingdom outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • All 4 parks outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, no live entertainment/characters, quick service only

Votes: 45 7.8%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, non buffet restaurants, no live entertainment/characters

Votes: 47 8.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no nighttime spectaculars

Votes: 30 5.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no parties

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, mask policies, no buffets

Votes: 73 12.7%
  • Running back at 100%, but Covid is still active in the US

Votes: 192 33.3%
  • Covid has been eradicated and/or you have the vaccine

Votes: 105 18.2%

• Total voters

ImperfectPixie

Point taken but that's on them. I'm already happy and contented if only the People Mover is open. My agenda anyways when I go on reopening is only to shop and eat and just walk around. Attractions are not really a priority. Although if Hollywood Studios opens up too then I might want to ride Runaway Railway and Rise again.
I hear ya. I'm perfectly happy just sitting and people-watching at Disney, but my sons and husband are much more "what's next"? driven than I am, so I bend to their wishes.

zero creativity

what does 50% of capacity look like? Is it 50% of what is seen when they restrict access like around the holidays? What time of the year are parks only at 50%. We usually only go in June and I imagine the parks are over 50% capacity the .

twebber55

First let me say Disney needs to do what they feel is a safe way to open the parks its a tough decision for them as well as our local and state leaders
here are my non-negotiables for me to go
no mask im not wearing a mask in the middle of the summer in Florida if its required
if more than 1 park is closed (im assuming EPCOT would be closed) if its just EPCOT i would still go

jinx8402

First let me say Disney needs to do what they feel is a safe way to open the parks its a tough decision for them as well as our local and state leaders
no mask im not wearing a mask in the middle of the summer in Florida if its required
if more than 1 park is closed (im assuming EPCOT would be closed) if its just EPCOT i would still go

Those are mine as well, and will add my states current 14 day quarantine requirement for any domestic air travel. If that is still in effect when we are scheduled to go, that is a no go for us (unless the kids will be distance learning next school year).

I will also add that depending on the combination of attractions closed or reduced (for example, if for Rise they are skipping all pre-shows) I may cancel as well. I can put up with some stuff being closed or altered, but if it is a significant portion of the parks, that is not something I want to spend 10 days doing.

wagamama

what does 50% of capacity look like? Is it 50% of what is seen when they restrict access like around the holidays? What time of the year are parks only at 50%. We usually only go in June and I imagine the parks are over 50% capacity the .

Not to mention, they’re not going to limit guest capacity to 50% but staff at 100% (not just to protect CMs, but to save on costs as well). Maybe it’ll be easier to get the ubiquitous castle photo with no one in the background, but as far as attraction wait times, ADR availability, etc., I doubt things will change much. Certainly not for the “better”.

Fox&Hound

Maybe a silly question, slightly off topic, but does Disney survive this? I mean, if people stay away for a year or two, can they bounce back? I am not trying to be a doom and gloomer, and I pray I am wrong, but....I know Disney is a mammoth corporation and they have a lot of money- but won't this all hurt them considerably? Please tell me I am fearful for nothing. Right?

ImperfectPixie

Maybe a silly question, slightly off topic, but does Disney survive this? I mean, if people stay away for a year or two, can they bounce back? I am not trying to be a doom and gloomer, and I pray I am wrong, but....I know Disney is a mammoth corporation and they have a lot of money- but won't this all hurt them considerably? Please tell me I am fearful for nothing. Right?
We were there during October and the Millennium celebration, and it was pretty empty. They can survive.

Jenny72

This situation probably wouldn't occur, but I'd go even if it were only partially open (fewer parks, fewer experiences, shorter hours), as long as I knew we were immune to the virus (vaccine/etc.) and couldn't spread it to others. Not sure how that would happen, but my main concern is getting and/or spreading the virus. If that concern were eliminated, I'd be on the first plane to WDW as soon as it opened.

KikoKea

I agree. I'm not wearing a mask. I barely got through an hour visit to the Dr this morning wearing one, much less outdoor summer heat and humidity. I could do without Epcot, as well. I'd miss LWTL, but otherwise, nothing is calling to me there.
We have reservations for 22 June, in Sept, and Nov. I'm very doubtful about June, but hopeful for the other two.

twebber55

i think thats a legit question many businesses/restaurants will not come back this pandemic will not only cost lives from the disease but also put millions into poverty thus costing lives as well

note2001

I would go with just my resort and Disney Springs up and running, but then I have family in the area and could spend all day every day at the resort. Between staying with them and staying with Disney, my DVC will win every time.

If the MK is to open while COVID-19 is prevalent and hospitals are still seeing new cases, then I'd expect the MK to fill only to 30%-50% capacity so some sort of social distancing can be maintained, and I'd expect everyone except for the tiniest and severely autistic to be wearing face masks. If everyone wears a mask properly, we can beat this thing down to nothing. No need to stay cooped up inside. The problem is too many folk want life to go back to the old normal as soon as they hear we're getting it under control.

twebber55

I agree. I'm not wearing a mask. I barely got through an hour visit to the Dr this morning wearing one, much less outdoor summer heat and humidity. I could do without Epcot, as well. I'd miss LWTL, but otherwise, nothing is calling to me there.
We have reservations for 22 June, in Sept, and Nov. I'm very doubtful about June, but hopeful for the other two.
we have reservations for June 21 so who knows

David Mitchell

Ok, this topic is of interest to me and seems to quickly devolve in the other covid threads quickly that I thought it deserved its own thread. How much of Disney World would have to be open before you would be willing to go?

Assume:
-You are not a local, and are going for the week and need to pay for a hotel
-Ticket prices will not change
-Disney will offer discounts on resort rooms but nothing that they haven’t done in the last few years (Free Dining/35% off room rate is the best it’s going to get) assume resorts are open but any restrictions on park restaurants are there too
-The choices are in order from most restrictive to least, any restrictions listed in a less restrictive choice carry up unless noted
-There is no 14 day quarantine for Florida guests upon entry to the state

Please do not discuss on this thread:
-When the park is going to open
-If these guidelines make sense
-The finer points of the Covid outbreak

We all know that when Disney does open there will be restrictions and then things will be ramped up over time. This thread is only for discussing at what point in this process would you consider going, I tried to pick options I keep hearing in other threads.

My answer:
I’m not going to go back until there is live entertainment and spectaculars. Disney World is a theme park, a very expensive one that if it is stripped of its table service, live shows and spectaculars is not worth the price of a trip for me, the rides alone will not cut it.
Ok, this topic is of interest to me and seems to quickly devolve in the other covid threads quickly that I thought it deserved its own thread. How much of Disney World would have to be open before you would be willing to go?

Assume:
-You are not a local, and are going for the week and need to pay for a hotel
-Ticket prices will not change
-Disney will offer discounts on resort rooms but nothing that they haven’t done in the last few years (Free Dining/35% off room rate is the best it’s going to get) assume resorts are open but any restrictions on park restaurants are there too
-The choices are in order from most restrictive to least, any restrictions listed in a less restrictive choice carry up unless noted
-There is no 14 day quarantine for Florida guests upon entry to the state

Please do not discuss on this thread:
-When the park is going to open
-If these guidelines make sense
-The finer points of the Covid outbreak

We all know that when Disney does open there will be restrictions and then things will be ramped up over time. This thread is only for discussing at what point in this process would you consider going, I tried to pick options I keep hearing in other threads.

My answer:
I’m not going to go back until there is live entertainment and spectaculars. Disney World is a theme park, a very expensive one that if it is stripped of its table service, live shows and spectaculars is not worth the price of a trip for me, the rides alone will not cut it.

I will not go back until masks are optional. Wearing a mask in a theme park will not happen for me or my family. I love Disney, but refuse to walk around on vacation with something on my face.

worldfanatic

I need the Disney Resorts open, and their swimming pools.
That's it..... I'm there.
Everything else is a bonus.

But I'm pretty unusual.
For my 11 night trip next month (Poly & Wilderness Lodge), I had only been planning on three days at the parks, two days at the water parks, plus some Disney Springs and Resort hopping.
I suppose that still could happen, but I'll be perfectly happy if I have to just hang at my resort balcony and pools.
I NEED MY DISNEY HOWEVER I CAN GET IT!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom