How much of Disney World has to be open for you to go?

How much of Disney World needs to be running?

• Just Disney Springs

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Magic Kingdom outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • All 4 parks outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, no live entertainment/characters, quick service only

Votes: 45 7.8%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, non buffet restaurants, no live entertainment/characters

Votes: 47 8.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no nighttime spectaculars

Votes: 30 5.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no parties

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, mask policies, no buffets

Votes: 73 12.7%
  • Running back at 100%, but Covid is still active in the US

Votes: 192 33.3%
  • Covid has been eradicated and/or you have the vaccine

Votes: 105 18.2%

• Total voters

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
None of the above:

1. 3-4 parks running, hotel occupancy normal, no offsite entry, no masks, limited daily entry, no parades,fireworks or other low yield bottlenecks, old fast pass type scenario (50% prebook, 50% real time release on the app), PRIORITY SEATING, and hotel facility access limited to those staying there.

MouseMelly

I chose vaccine simply bc I don't enjoy going anywhere in a mask (I do it when necessary). I surely don't want to do it in Florida. (I also realize other countries do this in the heat, etc.) But if I'm paying for a vacation, I want fireworks! And the ability to enjoy myself.

I do realize that businesses must open up soon. And I will frequent them. But holding my money until the value is reciprocated. 😊

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Poster I quoted said all attractions have to be operational...
“Operational” doesn’t address the real problem:

Dump the fastpass+ nonsense and figure out a way for people to access a reserved spot in real time. A lot of that depends on how much the capacity is reduced. They won’t be able to squeeze 2,000 people through an hour anymore without compacted lines...math doesn’t work

carolina_yankee

It's a big leap between 1 park and 4 parks given predictions so I didn't vote.

My answer is I need 2-3 parks open with food service of any kind and enough I want to do for at least a full half-day experience (4-6 hours). We go annually, so I just want a Disney experience. I can come back later for the things I'll miss. I also need a DVC resort open with dining and a full pool experience (ability to get in, swim, etc.). I don't need splash areas.

Regarding safety, if it's open, I trust Disney to have done it right and I know how to exercise my own level of precautions to make up for anything they may have missed, so I'm in for anything.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's a big leap between 1 park and 4 parks given predictions so I didn't vote.

My answer is I need 2-3 parks open with food service of any kind and enough I want to do for at least a full half-day experience (4-6 hours). We go annually, so I just want a Disney experience. I can come back later for the things I'll miss. I also need a DVC resort open with dining and a full pool experience (ability to get in, swim, etc.). I don't need splash areas.

Regarding safety, if it's open, I trust Disney to have done it right and I know how to exercise my own level of precautions to make up for anything they may have missed, so I'm in for anything.
Yeah...I can go with what you’re saying...

But that’s strictly DVC and that is a quagmire at this point.

Also - we aren’t paying “full price” and have locked in frequency...tough to sell what you’re describing to the vast majority that are agreeing to show up and pay “every penny” this time.

Touchdown

Original Poster
Not that I’m surprised but this poll so far is confirming my belief that Disney can’t really open with too much restrictions and expect people to pay to show up. Every time I’ve made that point in other forums people shout me down “they’ll have a tidal wave of guests” when they open, even if it’s just the MK with only rides.

I’m willing to pay for a trip to Cedar Point in a setup like that, not Disney World.

It’s okay to not go to Walt Disney World every year.

I am happy to save my next trip for 2021 or 2022.
I’m not trying to insult anyone who goes every year— that’s normally me too.

I originally explained my rationale, but a moderator edited my post to remove it. 🤷‍♂️ My rationale is this: Without a vaccine or highly effective therapeutics, a WDW trip—surrounded by big crowds at the world’s most visited theme park—sounds more stressful than fun to me.

NoBreyner60

I suspect herd immunity and a new vaccine would be available by the time I can go again. I want all the parks open before I plan another trip. Whether there's a herd immunity or vaccine or not I don't think this is going away.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I originally explained my rationale, but a moderator edited my post to remove it. 🤷‍♂️ My rationale is this: Without a vaccine or highly effective therapeutics, a WDW trip—surrounded by big crowds at the world’s most visited theme park—sounds more stressful than fun to me.
Well since you put it that way...

Yeah...I feel you, dawg

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No

You're not in the minority with that rationale. There will be some of us who just want to be able to walk down Main Street and say it's good to be back. Some will not see the "value" if not everything is operating 100%. And some will be prudent with their decision based on financial and health risks.

No one choice is the right choice, just like before this when some don't like theme parks, or can justify the cost of Disney vs Uni.

PurpleMan

In the Parks
No
Last edited:

JIMINYCR

I am looking at returning next year in May. Hoping that the virus situation has dramatically changed, even if its not entirely eradicated, I can take precautions. I'm willing to go even if Disney has not returned all the way 100% to normal. The deciding factor is going to be what kind of a trip experience is waiting for us and what closures, missing entertainment, will be waiting for us. I'm willing to pay for the trip as long as it remains enjoyable and can deliver enough pleasure.

Tom P.

Others may say that I am being unrealistic, but I really do believe that we will develop both an effective vaccine and effective treatments, and that we will do so in short order. No, I don't expect things to be hunky dory by this summer, but I believe we are likely to have both before next summer.

So, at this point, I am willing to wait to see what happens on that front before going back.

AugieMorosco

Not that I’m surprised but this poll so far is confirming my belief that Disney can’t really open with too much restrictions and expect people to pay to show up. Every time I’ve made that point in other forums people shout me down “they’ll have a tidal wave of guests” when they open, even if it’s just the MK with only rides.

I’m willing to pay for a trip to Cedar Point in a setup like that, not Disney World.

I agree that crowds are going to be hesitant to come back, but that works out. They need below 50% capacity for awhile. Seems like an ideal situation to open in limited capacity for those who are wanting to enjoy it that way.

I have a July 6-16 booked (w free dining) and am in a holding pattern right now. I've given lots of thought to what I'd be ok with, assuming no change in the price I paid. My semi-realistic hope is at least 3 parks (no Epcot), all rides open. Prepared for no character M&Gs, no buffets, limited live shows, no parades, no fireworks. I'd be losing a bit - character dining we have booked, some of the entertainment magic, etc. But also I'd be getting lower crowds, not losing the free dining, and having a better shot at some of the things I haven't yet experienced (MMRR, ROTR, etc). Now just have to convince my wife that we should still go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom