How many times

Craig & Lisa

Original Poster
Ok, the last couple of threads have peaked my interest, why we love WDW whats your favorite what ever. Well here's another one in 2 parts. 1, when did you first go to WDW? And 2, how many times have you gone since then? For us, our first visit was in November of 1997, sons were 1 1/2, and just about 4. Fought with the wife tooth and nail because I thought it was too much. And since have gone 16 times with 17 coming up on the 7th of next month. :D:D I know there are a number of people here who have gone alot more, but lets face it we all go for pretty much the same reasons. :wave:
PS; forgot to mention where did you stay. All Star Music

Jerm

My first trip was in 1980 I have been 14 times total with 15 in December. I have stayed at Contemp, Poly, All-Star Sports, Music, Movies, PO, POP, and will be at CBR for the first time in Dec.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I went a few times as a kid, earliest photos were developed in April 1991, which sounds right-ish, but i look too young in the photos. My family often went on trips around easter, so it makes sense, but i dunno. I'm really short for an 8yo me.

Since then? A few trips with family and or with school, mostly Epcot. As an adult? I've lost count. Mostly Epcot.

iKat

I don't remember my first trip - probably around '87.
I grew up near Clearwater, and we went to Disney all the time when I was growing up. We usually stayed at either the Contemporary or Polynesian.

According to my Dad, we went almost every weekend for a long time - but I only remember going about 3 or 4 times a year (I'm convinced he's mistaking it with our Busch Gardens trips).
My husband and I lived in Orando and had an AP for a year, and went on all of our days off.
I'd say somewhere around 50 times or so that I've been.

We stayed at POR for our honeymoon, stayed at All-Star Movies once, and stay at either the Beach or Yacht Club or the Boardwalk when we go with my family.
I'm moving back near Tampa in about 2 weeks, and will finally be able to get back to the World more frequently! :)

coasterphil

My first trip was in March of 2000 for a family reunion, staying in the Fort Wilderness Cabins. After that I visited 3 more times, all off-site, before moving down here this August. My family also took several other Orlando/Central Florida trips that didn't include visits to any WDW parks.

Ravenclaw87

My first trip was when I was 8 in 1996. My grandparents took me, and let me pick which hotel I wanted to stay at, and I picked Port Orleans because of the dragon slide. :)

I've been 8 times since then, but it's really more because I had an AP for a couple of years and I went to Florida for a month and went to WDW every day. And I've been on a Disney Cruise, too.

Greenlawler

I went a couple of times really early. Once in 1974 of course I don't remember it at all. I also went in 1977. I remember very little but after combing ebay I have found some of the souveniers I used to have and bought them. I especialy remember the old area outside Country Bear Jamboree. Where the the "talking heads" were. I also remember Mickey's Musical Revue which I loved, where Philharmonic is now. I also went in 1991 but only to MGM I was in college then. My wife and I went for one day in 1999.
The real turning point was 2004 when we went to Disneyland and saw my oldest son react to the characters and dance in the Tiki Room. We were hooked. Since then we have made yearly and sometimes bi-yearly stops in Disneyworld.

Karolena

My dad took me for my first trip in 1992 when I was three years old. We went every three years after that, which comes to a total of 6 times (so far). :animwink:

I've stayed at Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside (or as I like to call it Dixie Landings), Pop Century, Contemporary, and my personal favorite The Grand Floridian.

jenjen1127

I started going to WDW in 1987 and went 10 years in a row. Then it was time to send my daughter to college so the trips unfortunately stopped. But now I have a grandson who will be 5 and we are going in August 2008 with him and staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. There is so much new stuff --I can't wait. I want to start a new tradition of bringing him every year like I took my daughter. We stayed at Caribbean Beach 3X, Port Orleans 1X, the then Dixie Landings 3X, Wilderness Lodge 3X and the Disney Cruise 1X. Only 296 more days to go and we are counting. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Hrudey3032

Well I have been 9 times and I hope to go a tenth time in January of '08.Me and brother(EpScott on here) go to Florida to see our dad who lives in Davenport just outside of Disney World area.Before he lived there we never stayed at a Disney resort we just stayed off property at a Holiday Inn or Days Inn or that eyesore on 192 (The former Comfort Inn now empty behind a Steakhouse across the street from Ponderosa)now we stay at our dads and save money to spend on more Disney related stuff since we dont pay for a hotel.

MissM

My first trip was in 1984. It was shortly before we moved to Florida. We had three day passes and saw Donald's 50th birthday parade at MK and enjoyed Imagination at EPCOT Center.

Despite growing up in the Tampa Bay area, I only went a few times in my school years, including two school field trips (one for "Gifted" and the other with my French class) as well as Grad Nite '95. I had also gone in 1989 when MGM had just opened a few months prior. Man the place was empty! There was almost nothing there at the time.

Then there was a period where I didn't go at all. (The jerk I was dating at the time loathed all things Disney. Should have known then what a loser he'd turn out to be by that!)

But when I got together with Love (nine years ago now) he was a huge Disney fan as well so we've gone more than I can count at this point. We've been AP holders twice (and would love to be all the time but it's not always in the budget) and have gotten multi-day FL resident specials (like the old Play 4 Days, or the old Play 3 Days passes) many, many times. All told? I've probably been I'd guess around 100 times or so. Hard to say.
-m

Badger Brent

1st trip was in 1989, October 22nd for our honeymoon. Just celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary!!:sohappy:

Trying to line up our surprise 18th trip over the x-mas week.

it398

My first trip to WDW was back in 1994, but my Disney parks holidays (vacations to Americans) started back in 1992 when Disneyland Paris (EuroDisneyland as it was back then) first opened. Since 1992 we have visited a Disney park every year and this year finally completed our dream of visitng every Disney reasort around the world.
We have also booked to go to WDW next summer and a our first Disney Cruise. :sohappy:
In total
Disneyland - 1 visit summer 2001
Walt Disney World - 6 visits + booked for next summer
Disneyland Paris - 12 visits
Tokyo and Hongkong Disneylands - 1 visit last summer.

rainfully

1988 was the first time I went... it was when Mickey's Birthdayland was there... I remember that very vividly and the train ride with the Birthday Express!! I was 7. We stayed at the Buena Vista Palace.

Since then we would go one day every 2 years... (we would vacation at the beach but take ONE DAY (!) for WDW.

In high school, we did Magic Music Days... and it was amazing to me because I got to spend THREE WHOLE DAYS at Disney which meant I didn't have to run around like a complete maniac trying to fit everything in.

In 2004, I took my first (and only... now that I think about it...) "real" Disney vacation with two friends... we stayed at Best Western on Hotel Plaza... that was 5 days of theme park fun! I also went later that year with family... leaving mom and dad on the beach to grab a hotel with my sister on 192 so I could spend a couple of days there.

Then... in 2005 I kind of went overboard and went to WDW on 4 seperate trips... (and also once to Disneyland...). I realized my habbit was getting kind of out of control... so to make things easier I went ahead and moved here in January of 2006... and now I go whenever I want! :)

So... there's my WDW history in a nutshell. ;)

Oh, btw... since moving here I've stayed at Pop, Sports, PORiverside, POFQ, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian and Grand Floridian... and Coronado Springs is coming up in December!

CAPTAIN HOOK

My first trip was in 1994.

We've been a total of 5 times. We've stayed offsite and at POFQ. We've done four 14 day visits and one 21 day visit.

We're back for Christmas and New Year 2008/09, a nine day trip staying at AKL and GF.

Tinkerbella16

My first trip was halloween of 1992, I was 6 years old. We stayed at the (then) Howard Johnson Parkside Suites. I have never forgotten any of my trips to the world. Since then, I have been to wdw 15 times, and going back for the 16th time in 19 days.

We have stayed at Carribean Beach, All Stars (so many times), Coronado Springs, PoP Century, and now Port Orleans Riverside...

chels26

first trip was in january of 1990. i was 9 months old.. we stayed at the contemporary.
and i've been back thre 9 times since then!
'93- contemporary
'95- grand floridian
'97- polynesian (joined DVC!)
'99- boardwalk
'02- boardwalk
'04- beach club
'05- offsite
'06- beach club
'07- boardwalk.

aaaand in august of 2008 we'll be staying at the beach club again!
(aaaand if i'm lucky, i'll be there from jan 08- may 08 in the DCP!)

Rabflmom

Hit the MK for the first time -springbreak 1973. Returned 2 or 3 times a year for the next 3 years . Then I moved to Florida and have lived within 75 miles of Disney for 30 years so spent too many day trips in the parks to even remember how many times we have gone. We took advantage of the free admissions for kids under age 3 and seemed to go on more regular basis when 1 of the kids got in free. <g>
Then we also had friends and now family working there so it has always been a really inexpensive day trip for us in the last 20 years.
Even though it is free we haven't been in 2 years again so maybe this year before Christmas would be good. <g>
Funny how it does not seem to be priority or status symbol for us who live here like it is for family and friends who live up North. My sisters seem to broadcast it to their friends and neighbors when they go to WDW and usually they even have it mentioned in the small town paper where they live. LOL
I tease them about having so many Mickey T's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom