How many DVC members on WDWMagic?

ZHoyt

Does anyone else feel like there are just never enough points? We always seem to be struggling to manage things. I'm sure everyone always WANTS more, but the thing that bothers me about DVC is the inflation. Points lose value over time, so in 20 years am I going to be able to afford anything at all with my 300 points?

gmboy95

I believe you are talking about how many points it costs to stay a particular night...those point costs should always remain stable....I think as they raise the points in one area, they have to decrease in another area....so you should be able to maximize your point usage fairly well throughout.....also remember that the people who are buying now, are getting more years, as opposed to most of us who run out in 2042.

Cheryl

ZHoyt said:
Does anyone else feel like there are just never enough points? We always seem to be struggling to manage things. I'm sure everyone always WANTS more, but the thing that bothers me about DVC is the inflation. Points lose value over time, so in 20 years am I going to be able to afford anything at all with my 300 points?

I'm totally with you on this one! So wishing we could afford to buy more points! Visiting WDW two times a year just isn't enough! We're addicted to the DCL now as well! :hammer: Guess I just can't ever be happy! :brick:

We need more points! :cry:

WendyOkada

DVC Member since 2001

Been going since 1987 (off/on) and we own at the Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach. Our favorite is the Boardwalk but they were all sold out by the time we bought :(

I thought we had a good amount of points but WOW, we're on the low end with a mere 225! Guess we'd better get cracking and get more points!! You 500+ point folks must have some GREAT vacations there!! Whoo hoo! :sohappy:

WendyOkada

Point COST goes up, point VALUE remains same

ZHoyt said:

Hiya! As gmboy95 said, there should be no effect of inflation on what you can get with your points year after year. The only effect is that if you want to actually PURCHASE more points year after year, your point COST goes up, however, if you can get a 1 bedroom villa at BWV for a week for 275 points today, you will still be able to get a 1 bedroom villa at BWV for the same 275 points in 10 or 20 years.

That's the real selling point of the DVC, that once you buy enough points to have your preferred vacation (resort, room size, length of stay, etc.), then you should be able to have that same vacation year after year, without feeing the cost of inflation (outside of annual dues, which may increase). If you were paying out of pocket, then you would see your cost going up more dramatically (e.g., a week's stay in 2000 may cost $1000, whereas the same week's stay in 2005 may cost you $2000, etc.).

With DVC points, you can get the same vacation year after year for the same points :sohappy:

What might be frustrating for people is that they want MORE on their vacation (yours truly included) so then rather than their points not buying what they used to (i.e., point value going down), it's that vacationers want more than they used to (e.g., bigger rooms, longer stays, etc.).

Just a clarification on the whole point = value issue :wave:

Dizknee_Phreek

My family and I are DVC members. Have been since May 2000 (I think). Our home resort is VB, though we've yet to stay there. We would have bought into a DVC resort on Disney property, but they had a special price on VB points at the time we bought in. So far we've stayed at Boardwalk twice, Wilderness Lodge twice, Beach Club once, and Old Key West once. We like it, but I kind of miss staying at the moderate resorts.

dvcnut39

BCV member since SEP02 (175 points). Added 50 more points at BCV in SEP03. We plan on adding on (100 points) for the last time at SSR in DEC05. Our final total will be 325 points.

Next trip- JUL05- probably at SSR

1976 FW
1998-2001 six trips off-site (family)
2002 CS, off-site (family)
2003 VB, 4nt DCL, BCV, off-site (family)
2004 VB, off-site (family)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom