How long have you waited to catch a bus

nepalostparks

We stayed at POFQ in Sept 2008, and mostly used the rental car!

But we did use the bus to Magic Kingdom twice, waiting about 5 minutes once, the other time about 15 minutes. Only a few other people with us both times, so everyone was able to get a seat.

Coming back was tougher... I say it took around 30 minutes of standing in an extremely crowded line to get on the bus the one night, and about 15 minutes the other night. We stood packed in like sardines on both rides.

The_CEO

If you stayed in a WDW resort how long have you waited to catch a bus to go to the parks, and which resort did you stay at?

I waited 45 minutes to catch a bus from MK to AKL.. I saw 4 busses for the another resort pass by before I saw one for ours.

Figment1986

I once waited 45 minutes for a bus to MK... 3 of them came but they already had 2 wheel chairs onboard... and 1 bus didnt have a working lift. The 2nd bus radioed for a special bus to come just for our stop because of the crowds.

Chape19714

feb 2006, we waited for 2hours and 40 minutes to get home from blizzard beach resort, which closed early due to thunder storms. we were the only guests in the park, and the bus drivers didnt believe any one would be at the water parks on such a bad day (we are british!), we eventually wenet back to blizzard beach booth to get them to get a bus over.we were staying at all stars and could have walked back quicker but didnt know if we were allowed to walk.
Yep you can walk.

I've never waited more than 20 minutes for any bus...ever.

captainkidd

yes captainkid 2 hours in the wind and rain. Even though we were under a roof we still got SOAKED.

After 30 minutes, you should have been at Guest Relations asking what was going on. After 45, you shuld have been asking for a manager. After an hour, you should have demanded that you be driven to your resort.

I just can't imagine this. In 17 trips to Disney World, the longest I ever waited for a bus was maybe 40 minutes, and there was practically a riot at the bus stop. 2 hours doesn't even seem possible. No one made a stink in all that time???

DisneyMusician2

Wow....I go during peak season, and have never waited more than 30 minutes for a bus. I've had a couple of packed rides, but they never really bothered me overmuch.

Its NOTHING compared to packing into the NYC subway system.

bgraham34

The longest I have ever waited was on my last trip in Sept. I waited 45 minutes for a bus to Wl from Epcot at 2 in the afternoon. It was about 96 degrees and I was dying of sweet. The next day at the same time it was a 20 minute wait.

diddy_mouse

I don't recall having to wait more than 30 min for a bus, even during the summer (which, you'd think would have more buses running anyway.) I know that buses seemed to arrive a little slower at POFQ but it wasn't too bad, even with stops at Riverside. One night at Epcot it seemed like a bus back to the WL took forEVER but I probably thought that because I was so tired. :D

CBug88

the longest wait from a hotel to park, about 30 mins (from AKL to MK) but usually at AKl it was a 5-10 mins.

and from park to hotel- usually 10 mins (if not at a park closing- could be up to 40 mins at times- and depends on the distance of your hotel from each park).

Giavonna98

the longest time i have waited for a bus is going back to pop century from extra magic hours from magic kingdom. there were so many peope trying to get back they had to get five buses at once:eek::eek::eek:.

LilMommyBug

The longest we have ever waited was an hour. MK had just closed & we waited an hour for a bus to Pop. There were just SO MANY people there that buses kept coming & filling up.

BuddhasHomeGirl

I think the most I ever waited was a little over 30 minutes at Caribbean Beach Resort.

But on an extreme note we waited over an hour to get back to Caribbean beach after Illuminations (I'm sure that's common tho) It was stressful because we were really over tired.

We rent a car now, we are so over the buses, it is just so much easier and quicker. (in our opinion) We also always get an excellent rate from Dollar rent a car.

kverdon

The longest we have had to wait for a bus was from from the Swan/Dolphin to Downtown Disney. On two separate trips we have waited for over an hour, once over an hour and a half, to get a bus to DTD after playing minigolf at Fantasia Gardens. They must not run busses to DTD very often in the early afternoons.

mouse_luv

Over an hour on The 4th of july from MK. That is, after waiting over an hour for a monorail. It was wall to wall people, we decided we will NEVER go that week again haha:hammer:

EvilQueen81

the longest time i have waited for a bus is going back to pop century from extra magic hours from magic kingdom. there were so many peope trying to get back they had to get five buses at once:eek::eek::eek:.

We have too and that is the most miserable wait of all. Then after standing there for an hour waiting for a bus there is standing room only.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom