how long after audition

bsummer

You find out your height range when you accept your offer online, there's no color coding listed and you are eligible for any character that's in your height range.

jcollins13

Finally, 23 days after my audition and a whoppin 39 days after my interview, I have gotten my acceptance packet!!! I will be going down Aug 23rd in, hold your breath........QSFB!! I had a good feeling that I was going to get QS because I did it for 5 years at Six Flags. Good thing is I'll get 90 cents more than what they start you at Six Flags. Oh well, I passed the character audition, but I guess I wasn't that good.:rolleyes: Congrats on getting Character Performer bsummer and kcw!!!:sohappy:

Figments Friend

Mecha Figment said:
if you get a green in anything means you really suck. but it goes

green, blue , yellow red

I have a blue movment, Yellow animation and a high blue in puppetry.

Thanks so much Mecha Figment...this helps!

Out of curiosity...what show(s) do you do puppetry in? I do a lot of puppetry myself ( not in Disney...not yet anyway!) and i'm familiar with most of the shows currently running.

"Legend of the Lion King" was AWESOME!!! I wish they still had that open at MK. Philharmagic is cool...but LOTLK was totally up my alley big time...!

joanna71985

I'm not in puppets at Disney (not yet anyway), but I do know that Playhouse Disney and Voyage of the Little Mermaid are two shows that have puppets.

Mecha Figment

You are correct sir.

Currently there are 4 shows and one parade that involve puppetry

there is the Voyage of teh Little Mermaid

Playhouse Disney Live

Pocahantas and her forest friends.

and Festival of the Lion King.

there are aslo puppets at the Adventure Club

I work both Mermaid and Playhouse, I do the Sebastian track at mermaid.

and I will soon be learning how to do Bear in the DSMC parade

kcw

Original Poster
hmmm so I got my letter today, august 23rd, pluto height range... thats great, but does anyone know what characters are in that height range?!?! haha why is this so complicated?!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
kcw said:
hmmm so I got my letter today, august 23rd, pluto height range... thats great, but does anyone know what characters are in that height range?!?! haha why is this so complicated?!
In exactly Pluto height,

Pluto, Buzz (if you fit), Rafiki, Wendell (Country Bear), and Flik...

Others that are close, but not exact are Eeyore, Tweedles, Mr. Smee, Liverlips (Country Bear), Shaker (Country Bear)... and if you're on the (extremely) taller end, Geppetto and Big Al

kcw

Original Poster
mkt said:
In exactly Pluto height,

Pluto, Buzz (if you fit), Rafiki, Wendell (Country Bear), and Flik...

Others that are close, but not exact are Eeyore, Tweedles, Mr. Smee, Liverlips (Country Bear), Shaker (Country Bear)... and if you're on the (extremely) taller end, Geppetto and Big Al

well i'm definitely the lowest end- i'm really only like 5'5" (on a good day), but they exaggerated my height a little when they measured me to 5'5 1/2"...
Mrs. Incredible would be fun- glad to know there's more than two characters... lol
one more question to keep this ridiculously long thread going (which I have to say I'm pretty proud of!- even though half the posts are mine...)- someone told me, or posted somewhere (i forget which) that they were accepted as a character performer, and when they checked in there was some type of note on their paper work and they wanted her to go to a face audition up there. So does that mean that even though my audition down here wasn't one of the specific face character audions, that theres still a chance I could do that if I audition up there? and are there even any faces in this height range??

Mecha Figment

you can always try , but i think you are a bit short for the princesses. you might be a wendy.

They are in desperate need of face right now so just keep your eyes peeled for audition postings.

just warning you though. people in entertainment especialy in face and shows are really snotty to the cps. they look down on them and feel like we steel their jobs. So be prepared to deal with that nonesence.

VillainFan

What is the try out like? Are there many overweight people there? I know I'm on the upside of chubby and I really want to be a character. I just don't want to go and make a fool of myself for no reason if I have no chance. Thanks!

joanna71985

Weight isn't too bad (except for a few characters that have to be certain fitting). However, it is the height that makes a difference. For certain heights, they are in desperate need. But, for others, they have a ton of people so they don't need anyone. How tall are you?

bsummer

Well you animate for the first part of the song and then they teach you a dance with 4 counts of 8. It starts off simple and gets more difficult as it goes. The dances are very vearied for each audition but are of equal difficulty, you can almost always bet on a turn of somesort, a jazz-square, and some jumping along with siganture line dance moves. But they go through it very slowly and constantly ask if anyone has questions.

where can i find out the height ranges for certain characters?? is there a website? thanks!! and last time i went to disney world in january, the princesses i met were my height and at times only an inch taller. i'm only 5'3.5, so i don't see how everyone says princesses are 5'5-5'7 because the ones i met were deffinately not. i really want to be one!! also, does anyone know the height range for aladdin? thanks!

Mecha Figment

just because you think you are 5 3 doesn't mean you are according to disney height. i'm techicaly 6 1 but i'm only 6 according to Disney. Which nocked me out of the Woody range.

And for the person who woried about being chubby.
I'm a bit on the chubby side myself, I have been disaproved in a few characters because of it. I have to squeeze into the goofy body pads. and in fact one costuem i can't wear at all. Others i have to suck it up and bare it like with Genie. So you may not work with some characters it's all a matter of how you fit a certain costume.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom