how long after audition

kcw

Original Poster
jcollins13 said:
I auditioned on the Sat. the 8th and I received an email on Tues. the 11th. I was put into the candidate pool. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it didn't take long to hear some feedback. As for the letter, I haven't seen it yet and it's been 3 weeks since my interview and 1 since my audition. Hopefully it's soon, I'm getting anxious!!!:lookaroun

AGHHHHHH! I auditioned on the 9th and STILL haven't heard anything! I was justifying it and thinking that it was because of Easter weekend or something, but I guess that's not the case... you guys are making me nervous! haha congratulations though, that's awesome!!!!!:sohappy:

jcollins13

Thanks. I wouldn't worry about that too much. Even if you don't get a character role you should still get into the program. I think they might still be going through candidates before they make their final decisions. (Don't really know, but that's what I hope!!) Hopefully you and I will be hearing something this week! I know I'll be at the mailbox everyday!:lol:

Mecha Figment

just so you guys know i recieved my paper work within two weeks and a call in that second week. My audtion came after i recieved this paper work so i had to recieve another call.

5/5 is chipmunk hieght.

kcw

Original Poster
ya i've actually already gotten my paperwork from the interview, the whole "congratulations, but you're on hold until you audition, then we'll decide where to place you" paper... i'm just waiting strictly to get an email telling me about the audition... anyways, i think its funny that someone says 5'5 is chipmunk, another tells me it's absolutely nothing, another tells me it's princess.... whatever, i don't mind- i know you're all trying to help but i'm really waiting for someone to tell me it's tinkerbell! lol we'll see soon enough though.... haha well that is if i make it! :eek:

Mecha Figment

well 4 4 to 4 6 is considered teh dead zone. because basicaly chipmunks are all you can play in the fur line. that and Mr. and Mrs. EAster bunny. when you hit 4 7 you are then in the Pluto Height range and there is a bit more for you there.

Yellow Shoes

Mecha Figment said:
well 4 4 to 4 6 is considered teh dead zone. because basicaly chipmunks are all you can play in the fur line. that and Mr. and Mrs. EAster bunny. when you hit 4 7 you are then in the Pluto Height range and there is a bit more for you there.

Don't you mean 5'4" and 5'6"?

Because my 12 year old is taller than 4 4.

kcw

Original Poster
haha that's funny, i really didn't even notice that! really though, if I was completely in a dead height range and wasn't even close to another one, I have a hard time believing that they would waste our time calling me back to do the other movement audition... whatever though... still just patiently waiting to hear... well, maybe not so patiently...

oh ya and yellow shoes- i love your signature, it drives me absolutely nutty when people misuse their homophones... i guess that's what you get when your mom is an english teacher!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

bsummer

It took me two weeks and a phone call, because there was a confusion on whether or not I auditioned...no comment...but in the end I passed the audition, so I will be back down in Orlando from May 22 to Aug 11 working in entertainment. :D

kcw

Original Poster
bsummer said:
It took me two weeks and a phone call, because there was a confusion on whether or not I auditioned...no comment...but in the end I passed the audition, so I will be back down in Orlando from May 22 to Aug 11 working in entertainment. :D

oh dear! that's no good- i'm glad everything worked out for you though, that's fabulous!! i'll probably be calling in a few days when I hit the two week mark!

Mecha Figment

okay so you are 5'5 i goofed. but i did pull out my character sheets and here is the list.

ones you will likely play.
kermit the Frog, Mr.Smee, Mrs. Incredible (depending on body build) Princess Atta (also on body build)

others on the list but are least likely until you get trained in parade or for a special event.
Dodger, Fauna, Flora, Ginger Bread Man, Kanga and Roo, Merry weather, Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny, Rebecca Cunningham.

kcw

Original Poster
update

so I thought I'd fill you in because I know you've all been waiting with baited breath to hear the outcome... :lol: haha I emailed the lady on the sheet that they gave us at auditions because it had been about two weeks, and I found out that a girl from my audition got her letter about a week before that... so I just emailed and basically asked if they knew about how long I should expect to wait yadda yadda... she wrote back and said something like, sorry we' know you've still waiting and being patient, thanks, we've almost made a decision, we just had to ask the casting directors a question one more time.... so whatever that means... i wrote back and said thanks, and then she wrote me back today saying that I got a character performer role!!!!!! she said that I would get the formal letter next week so hopefully then i'll know when I leave and what my height range is and whatnot... freakin faboulous eh?!?! i do worry just a bit that it took them like two extra weeks to decide about me...?? whatever though... phew that was long!:p

Figments Friend

Hi all...

Just a question....someone earlier posted a comment regarding the "color coding" system when it comes to rating a audition performance.

I need my memory refreshed as to what those "colors" are..as in "Blue" meaning one thing (greeter only?) and "Red" ( Parade/Show potential?) meaning another when it comes to rating/scoring a canidate auditioning to be a character's "friend".

A while back i had it staight but old age is creeping up on me!

Thanks in advance for any forthcoming insight!

Mecha Figment

if you get a green in anything means you really suck. but it goes

green, blue , yellow red

I have a blue movment, Yellow animation and a high blue in puppetry.

bsummer

Well it's finally "official"! I got my letter today so I will be back in Orlando May 22 to Aug 11 as a character performer (pluto height range). I can't wait to get back down there and do something different from what I did on my last program.:D

Woot woot Summer Alumni!!!

kcw

Original Poster
congratulations, that's fabulous!! I'm waiting for my official letter that will tell me when I go and what height range... do they actually tell you what characters you will be doing, or do they just tell you the height range and you assume you'll be doing any or all of those that fall into that particular range? and do they tell you your color coding in the letter? thanks so much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom