how long after audition

kcw

Original Poster
so i just did a character audition on sunday, it went wonderful, and they told everyone that they would be contacting us by email and letter in a little while.. did anyone else do an audition and how long does it usually take? I know it was only two days ago but i'm going crazy! They called like 8 of us back to do another movement combination and then they actually videotaped it and said something about Disney's casting center having to look at it- so do they have to review the tapes back in florida before they make their final decisions???

WDWKat26

I'm assuming you did it for the College Program? My one friend who auditioned said that he'd find out within 5 days. Sometimes when they find really good dancers, they take them in to learn another movement and video tape it...it goes along with "color coding"...a process that determines your skills as a dancer/animator. Anyway, just be patient.

kcw

Original Poster
ya it was for the CP- 5 days isn't bad at all, i think I can handle that... haha mostly though I'm just trying to get things set for next semester with my school classes and where i'm living and whatnot so I just want to hurry and find out for sure either way so i can stop wasting my time trying to get the classes I need! lol

joanna71985

Yes. If I get accepted, I will definitely be going (even though I didn't get character. Hopefully if I keep auditioning, one day I will get it).

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Ah.. yes. My 3 months stretch was waiting to hear back about my audition result

kcw

Original Poster
Mecha Figment said:
just curious if they did puppetry auditioning at your location

and i was wondering if it was scott, James, or Kevin

um ya we actually did do that! haha I have to say it was the weirdest but funniest thing I've done in a while! who knew there was so much to the art of puppetry?! lol I honestly don't remember his name, but i'm not gonna lie- when he walked in, the first thing I thought was that he looked exactly like Gaston! lol i guess since i was at a disney audition that's not completely crazy but... i was suprised to find out he did puppets and wasn't a character performer.. although he could do both maybe? does that fit any of those guys you listed? pretty tall with dark hair?

mkt said:
Ah.. yes. My 3 months stretch was waiting to hear back about my audition result

oh holy heck there's no way I can wait three months... that's a good joke... lol :lol: why did it take that long for you?!?! were you in the CP?

robynchic

I found out during my audition. My dad actually found out while I was learning the movement combination.

Then again...I went to an invitation-only audition in Orlando...so I guess I can't really say much.

joanna71985

Mecha Figment said:
just curious if they did puppetry auditioning at your location

and i was wondering if it was scott, James, or Kevin

Even though I didn't do puppets at mine, Scott was the puppet person and Gene was the audition person.

Mecha Figment

kcw said:
um ya we actually did do that! haha I have to say it was the weirdest but funniest thing I've done in a while! who knew there was so much to the art of puppetry?! lol I honestly don't remember his name, but i'm not gonna lie- when he walked in, the first thing I thought was that he looked exactly like Gaston! lol i guess since i was at a disney audition that's not completely crazy but... i was suprised to find out he did puppets and wasn't a character performer.. although he could do both maybe? does that fit any of those guys you listed? pretty tall with dark hair?

That would probably be Jason he's a puppet master so he doesn't do Characters anymore. but if you do puppets, you will do characters don't let that fool you.

i've beendoing puppets here for about two months and occationaly they will throw you inot a fur shift. I have a Baloo shift comming up soon. groan.

WDWKat26

Wah wah wah. LOL, you're like the face people who complain when they have to do like 1 day of fur at the Oasis which is 5 sets.

kcw

Original Poster
Mecha Figment said:
That would probably be Jason he's a puppet master so he doesn't do Characters anymore. but if you do puppets, you will do characters don't let that fool you.

i've beendoing puppets here for about two months and occationaly they will throw you inot a fur shift. I have a Baloo shift comming up soon. groan.

but wouldn't you welcome a change like that? I think I would get sick of ding the same thing day after day after day- it would be nice to be able to do face one day, fur the other, and maybe even puppets the next... i dunno that's just the opinion of someone who reall doesn't know much about it! haha and maybe it was jason... i think he was some kind of puppet head hauncho..

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
kcw said:
oh holy heck there's no way I can wait three months... that's a good joke... lol :lol: why did it take that long for you?!?! were you in the CP?

I was in a crappy height at first (5'9 1/2") so I got thrown in the pool. 3 months later I was pulled out and cast in MK parades... ironically I had grown 2 inches over those 3 months, so I went from being a short tigger to a short goofy

kcw

Original Poster
hmmm i'm scared that i'm in a crappy height too- i'm like 5'4" 3/4, or 5'5" on a good day... but then again they measured me as 5'5" 1/2- they even measured me twice "for good measure" haha i'm sure there was no pun intended... :lol: hmmm i think i'm overanalyzing though and just worrying myself more than is necessary...

Mecha Figment

well if certain people get their way. Puppeteers will have their own department soon out side of Characters, so they wont have to follow all the same silly rules.

oasis is fun sometimes. Just as long as you're not put in Bre'r Bear.

jcollins13

Hi everyone!! This is my first post on the board!!! I auditioned on the Sat. the 8th and I received an email on Tues. the 11th. I was put into the candidate pool. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it didn't take long to hear some feedback. As for the letter, I haven't seen it yet and it's been 3 weeks since my interview and 1 since my audition. Hopefully it's soon, I'm getting anxious!!!:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom