How is Coral Reef

tiggerzgirl83

Original Poster
I planned a dinner ressy at Coral Reef for November 12th this year and I never ate there before. Its going to be me, my 21 year sis, aunt, uncle and their kids which are 3 and 8. I was wondering how the food is there, how the atmosphere is, the people that work there, the cleanliness. I just wanted some opinions on the place. It is part of our Dining Plan. Is it worth it? From 1-10 and 10 being the best how can you rate it? Thanks a lot guys, you are ALWAYS a help...:kiss:

Vernonpush

I've heard (read) mixed reviews of the Coral Reef. Some people love it, and some hate it. The majority seem to feel that the food portion size is small for the price, and you should only eat there with the (Free) Dining Plan.:shrug:

ThinkTink721

I have heard many mixed reviews on The Coral Reef.
I have never eaten there, but a friend of mine ate there last summer & enjoyed it.
I would like to try it at least once.
I think the theme is cool!
:wave:

the_rich

i ate there in 05...everything about the restaurant was good except for the food...it was overpriced for what they gave you

wdwmomof3

We were on the dining plan too when we went and ate at Coral Reef and we loved it. I told a friend about it and she said that it was their favorite place at Epcot. I don't know about that but we will be eating there again on our next trip. Try it out and see what you think.:)

lilclerk

I read some pretty bad reviews about the Coral Reef but decided to give it a go anyway. We went last February, and we absolutely loved it. Though none of us liked seafood (we are bad New Englanders) the steaks were fantastic, and the view of the tank is great. Our waitress was very nice and helpful too. We'd definitely go back there.

reptar77

Now this is going to sound funny..... You don't go to the coral reef for the food, you go for the ambiance. The seafood is iffy. If you want great seafood go to Fultons crab house at downtown disney.

We were there in September 2006. The food was horrible and over priced. If you sit near the divers tank be prepared to have kids bumping into you to get a good view all through dinner. We didn't have children with us but some of the people sitting near the tank were pretty upset that they were bumped all through their meal.

All said, we won't go back.

primetime52

I ate there once. I had the chicken. It was very good but the portion was quite small. My gf and I shared some chocolate dessert (can't really remember what it was) and I remember it being pretty good. However, I have quite a hefty appetite and my Coral Reef meal didn't fill me up in the slightest. I was starved for the rest of the day, but too broke to buy any more food after paying the check at the Reef!

Bottom line is this:

Food is good
Portions are small
Atmosphere is great
You might need to sell a kidney on the black market to pay the check

Those are the pros and cons.

hansel1

Now this is going to sound funny..... You don't go to the coral reef for the food, you go for the ambiance. The seafood is iffy. If you want great seafood go to Fultons crab house at downtown disney.

I would have to say the exact opposite. Fulton's is not on the DDP, so we paid out of pocket this past january and found the food lacking in quality and taste.

Coral reef was wonderful. Our party had a variety of items from the menu and all was enjoyed.

The atmosphere is nice but it can get quited crowded.

beachclubbasics

My family is also perplexed as to why a lot of people say that the portions are small. We've always felt they served adequate, if not large, portions. They do lack a decent selection of seafood IMO, but this year we are going to try to salmon and see how that is. My youngest, who isn't a seafood fanatic will be happy with the steak I'm sured. And, the Chocolate Wave is to die for!

Has anyone here tried the crab claw salad? If so, how was it?

bayoutinkbelle

Ate there a few weeks ago on the DDP. We loved it! I had the Caesar salad, chicken and cheesecake (OMG!! :slurp: ) and my DS had Sea and Land appetizer, pork chops and chocolate on chocolate cake. Neither of us thought the portions were too small. :D

The view was great and we were right by one of the windows. Had no problem with little kids (or anyone else, for that matter) bumping us to get a view of the divers.

It was loud, mostly attributed to one party at a large table. I am thankful that we were on the DDP because it was an expensive meal - just under $100.

Still, I plan to go back in October. I'll leave you with this photo of my cheesecake.

cheesecake.JPG

eagles

i've been twice. both times on ddp. i love the place, the service and the food.

i had the crab claw app, it was good, but i am used to blue clawed crab up in virginia, i just happened to like our local crabs better. but it was good.

i would go again as long as i was on the dinning plan, i would not want to pay for out of pocket.

lunalovegoddess

It's been a few years since I've been to the Coral Reef. At the time, the food was delicious and the shark tank was a hit with the kids. Lately, I have been hearing bad reviews, which makes me wonder if the food quality has changed or if the problem lies elsewhere.

cdunbar

We went there on July 13th for Lunch and the food was really really good! It was a bit on the expensive side, and the food came out garnished oddly but it was delicious, and on top of that the seat next to the tank was just fantastic! If you want to see a few photos of the sea creatures check out my trip report! It's titled Trip Report July 11-13, 2007

DisneyChik17

I just got done telling my neighbor about this cheesecake. It is BY FAR the best plain cheesecake I have ever eaten. I ABSOLUTELY would eat there again. The ambiance is great. We had SUPERB service. And the food was wonderful. Get the Lobster Soup (it used to be the Lobster Bisque). It is AMAZING! Let me add though, this was from our April trip. We had eaten there and been disappointed with it, to say the least. I am very glad we gave it an other try tough. It was worth it.

WishUponAStar<3

Coral Reef was one of the most memorable dining experiences that we had in our stay. The food was top notch. I had a wonderful Lobster Bisque (to DIE for...), the Grilled Mahi Mahi (which came with a really delightful Israeli CousCous!), and the most amazing part: Cheesecake! The food was amazing...

The atmosphere is really quite plain, but what makes the restauraunt extraordinary is the view... You can watch all forms of aquatic life going about business (or, as we saw many times, trying to get into ours!!!) and divers too! Everything is in that tank, from torosies to sharks! It makes for an exciting meal. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom