How far are you traveling to go to WDW?

Erin_Akey

I am about 8 hours away and we always drive. someone else mentioned room for souveniers- well with our family of six the luggage is always jammed with new goodies comng home!

We can gt there from Mobile, AL in 7 1/2 to 8 depending on stops to feed the kids!:ROFLOL:

Ilovewishes

At the moment, I'm in London so I'm not too far from the airport, but last year, I was in Scotland, right up on the north coast in a little place called Elgin! And getting to Florida from there was murder!

Because we have a dog and we had no family in Scotland (and I'm too soft to put her in kennels!:eek:) we used to drive for 7 hours to my mum's house in Lancashire, drop the dog off there and then fly from Manchester for 9 hours.

Then have to do it all in reverse on the way back! Luckily, the drive was very pretty and now that we're closer to home, they come and collect the dog about a week before we go!

The things we do for Disney!!!:D

Jay & Sue

1850 miles from our Denver home to Orlando. Its 2.5 days by car if we drive or about 4 hours if we fly. Sometimes we drive - sometimes we fly. From our Orlando home it is about 10 minutes to the Animal Kingdom - we always drive!

disneymyway

Original Poster
What a small world!! :) I actually have to go to the mall tonight after work! :ROFLOL: GO BROWNS!!! :wave:

We're losing (if we haven't already lost - I haven't been there in awhile) out Disney Store at Summit!:mad:

Anyway, I have lived so many different places - I grew up in Steeler Country, moved to Denver, then back to the East Coast, now to Ohio -- and I've never lived in Kansas City. I should be a Steeler, or a Broncos, or an Eagles, or a Browns fan!! It's so weird that we are Chiefs fans!!!:hammer: We love to punish ourselves!!

disneygirl1

We're from right outside Philly. We drove about 1,000 (one way) miles on our last trip (July 2007).

Driving again next time too.

I'm from right outside of Philly too!!!! I live about 5 minutes from the airport and a 2 1/2 hour flight to Orlando. We always fly, I don't think I could drive that far:0)

Coquitlam BC, Canada a total of 3230 miles.
Drive to Seattle, fly to Atlanta and wait a few hours and fly to Orlando.
Total travelling time from our door to our resort of approximatlly 16 hours of travelling time, a long time but well worth it to be back in Disney World.

fauna

I'm from right outside of Philly too!!!! I live about 5 minutes from the airport and a 2 1/2 hour flight to Orlando. We always fly, I don't think I could drive that far:0)

Hey, me too!! We fly - 15-20 min. to the airport (thanks for the ride, Dad!) and then 2.5-3 hours on the plane, I think (it seems like forever, the anticipation!!). When I was growing up we always drove - pulling a trailer! You know Disney World is a magical place :king: when you will tolerate 6 people in a van (4 of them teenagers:eek:!!) for two days of driving.

Kelsybelle

I love this thread! It's so nice to see where and who you all! :wave:

I'm about a 35 minute ride to the airport, Logan to be exact then a 3 1/2 hour flight from there. I live in Gloucester, MA. We used to be known for the Perfect Storm, but now we are known for something else....... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom