How far are you traveling to go to WDW?

mrerk

Premium Member
Massachusetts here. About 40 minutes drive to Logan (the Boston airport) then a 3 hour, approx. 1100 mile, flight. We've driven once and flown 35+ times.

wolf29

We live in the US Virgin Islands. We are going @ the end of August. We have a half hour drive, then a 40 minute barge ride, then a 30 minute drive to a 6 hour trip.

JustPlainBill

I'm from the far northwestern suburbs of Chicago very near the Wisconsin/Illinois border. I travel approx. 1,200 miles to get to WDW on the ground.

Mr Wizard

It's 906 miles from my driveway to the MK parking lot. I've done it in 12 hours but 13 to 14 is the average. When we pass South of The Border we know we're about half way there.

fourstamps

Driving from Chicago

We will be driving from Chicago on July 31st. We have driven now at least 6 times. It's the only way to go now. Too expensive to fly. 1100 miles each way but worth every one. =)

:sohappy:

SWatsi

I find it surreal that you have to get flights from one end of the country to the other, but I suppose it makes sense with how big the US in in comparison to the UK.

For me it's the dreaded 9hr + flight from the UK for me. Actually this may it was just short of 9hr from Manchester UK, to Sanford. Although I remember flights from years past which were 12+ hours, stopping in Canada to refuel.

peterpangirl_22

i live an hour and a half from edmonton,alberta. it usually takes us 45 minutes to get to the airport, no traffic because we always take the flight that leaves at 4am. and then we have one stopover on the flight to orlando. the total flight takes about 7 hours and we've been to wdw 3 times. and we're going agian next summer! yay!

macsmom

Slightly more than 1100 miles. I head to St. Louis and then point the car south to Florida for my 17-19 hour drive.....which I'll take in just 306 days. One week left before I am less than 300 days! Yes, I am counting down the days. But then, aren't we all!

danna

Tinkerbella16

We fly from Philly every year... Only 20mins to PHL, then a 2 hour flight to MCO. We drove straight to WDW the first time we ever went back in 1992 and it was about 19hours, and 1,000miles each way. We will always fly there.

RedBaron

We are from the Chicago burbs. It is just shy of 1200 miles and an 18 hour drive which we did once and it was a very nice trip. We normally fly and it is just over 2 1/2 hour flight.

hsb1970

I live about 30 miles east of Atlanta. It takes about 6-61/2 hours driving with no stops to get to Orlando from my house. It's about 420 or so miles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom