how far are you from WDW

WDW1971

Originally posted by SpongeScott
Where on earth do you live in East TN to be only 653 miles away? I live in North AL and it must be the travel east that tacks on our extra miles. Mapquest said 693 for us, but I believe it's closer to 650 if we don't take the MQ route.

I'm just south of Knoxville. It's almost all interstate for me.

tinkerbell2

We are exactly 1,000 miles from Orlando. Way too far, but it could be worse! It takes about 15-18 hours of driving to get there- but it's worth it!:)

s25843

Ok From my house in Massachusetts I am 1,339 miles from WDW Which is a 30 Hour Drive (I have only Driven there Once from MA, we prefer to Fly)

Its about a 3 Hour Flight from Boston...

From my House in Delray Beach, FL I am 182 Miles away which is about a 3 hour drive, or 2.5 hours if I really push it on the Turnpike

disneyqueen

I currently live 33 miles from disney! I can drive straight down the parking lot that is commonly referred to as I-4!!! :lol: I'm currently building a house close to disney and will never have to get on I-4 to get there, again.

I used to live in Indianapolis which is 1050 miles to disney. I thought that was too far so my husband moved me down here in January. I still thought it was too far so he made sure our house was going to be closer. I still don't think I'll be completely satisfied until I can live in the Castle. That would be great. Just need to finish those apartments.:king:

aim

Originally posted by disneyqueen
I currently live 33 miles from disney! I can drive straight down the parking lot that is commonly referred to as I-4!!! :lol: I'm currently building a house close to disney and will never have to get on I-4 to get there, again.

I used to live in Indianapolis which is 1050 miles to disney. I thought that was too far so my husband moved me down here in January. I still thought it was too far so he made sure our house was going to be closer. I still don't think I'll be completely satisfied until I can live in the Castle. That would be great. Just need to finish those apartments.:king:

:lol: You sound like my sister. Who lived like 5 minutes from WDW. But that's so kool. I wish I could just pick up and move. :D

s25843

Originally posted by Dean[AU]
See Sig for Distance

43 hrs worth of flights [went around the world via uk]

3 visits this way ..:lookaroun

Around the World to get to WDW, now thats Dedication!!!!!!

cm1988

So near and yet so far

25 miles each way = 50 per day
x 6 days a week (1 is on a day off) = 300 per week
x 52 weeks = 15,600 miles to/from WDW each year

Maybe need to think about moving closer?

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Dean[AU]
See Sig for Distance

43 hrs worth of flights [went around the world via uk]

3 visits this way ..:lookaroun
OK, Dean lives the furthest away of anyone on the boards, but what would be the longest (in miles) that someone would have to travel to get to Disney? In other words, what point on earth is the farthest away from WDW? We need a geography whiz to tackle this one or we could dig a hole in front of Cinderella's castle until we came out the other side of the earth.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I live about 990 air (plane) miles from wdw...
About 1200 if I were to drive... I think...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by jeffs10
mapquest says

1249.25 and 20 hrs 20 min

I have made this trip in 19 hrs with only stoping for gas. 2.5 hours flight.

Yep.... same here... 2.5hr (sometimes less) flight from Midway (I hate O'Hare).

19 hours is GREAT... the standard drive from Chi to Orlando is what.. 24hrs...? eh... one of these days I'll take a road trip... till then... flying is ok right now.

wdwjmp239

Where I'm From?

I live 3.5 hrs southwest of The Walt Disney World Resort Complex.

4.5 hrs southwest of Kennedy Space Center.

2.5 hrs southeast of Tampa/Ybor City

1.5 hrs due west from the Ft. Lauderdale/Sawgrass Mills (shopping mall) area.

6 hrs north of Key West, FL

About 19 hrs (non stop) southwest of Long Island, NY (where I'm originally from)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom