How does disney verify ages of children?

dcibrando

Original Poster
just curious...how does disney verify the ages of children?

my wife and I are expecting our first baby this april and are frequent vistors (dvc members) to wdw...as we plan our future vacations in the next several years, is there any verification needed for the ages of children? (as in how does disney verify the kid is age 3 or above when ticket prices go into affect?)

thanks!!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The honour of guests.

Never been asked to prove anything. I suppose if your child is five feet tall they might question you trying to get them in as an under-3... :lookaroun

hwdelien

I admittedly didn't buy my DD a ticket when she was 3. I pushed her in in a stroller and no one bothered us or asked a thing. Maybe the stroller is the key, but then again, I've seen 8 year olds in strollers in the parks, so I guess it's just a judgement call on the part of the gate CMs. When didn't try when she was 4, but then we also had a less than 1 year old DS with us.

rsoxguy

It is mostly based on an honor system, however, the age of your children are logged into their computer records once they are given during an initial reservation or purchase. The age of a child is subsequently advanced in their records as time progresses.

Daddymouse

It's all based on honor. If one is willing to lie about a child's age to save a few bucks, what else are they willing to lie about? We could have done this often as DS was almost 5' tall at age 14 and he looked about the age of 10. On the other hand we have a nephew that was almost 6' at the age of 12 and had already hit puberty.

hwdelien

Everyone speaking of honor is making me feel a bit guilty about my previous response. I don't feel justified, by any means, by my choice that year, but, believe it or not, we probably wouldn't have been able to make the trip otherwise.

Leading up to the trip to WDW we saved as much as we could and when we had enough money, we went to our local Disney Store and bought tickets one at a time. That year we knew it was tighter than usual and only bought 3 day base tickets. We had to skip AK that year. Over a four month period we were able to buy the tickets we needed except for our DD who hadn't yet turned 3. We have a timeshare that we got talked into on a previous trip that we could barely afford, but the week was essentially paid for. We drove from Pittsburgh to WDW and went to the Wal-Mart Supercenter the night we arrived for food. We ate our meals in our room and on days we went to the park, we packed a cooler and ate in the parking lot. My DD turned 3 October 8 and our trip was the week after Thanksgiving that year. Whatever a 3 day child ticket would have cost that year doesn't sound like much, but it would have made a big difference.

Funny, don't feel less guilty, but at least you know.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Everyone speaking of honor is making me feel a bit guilty about my previous response. I don't feel justified, by any means, by my choice that year, but, believe it or not, we probably wouldn't have been able to make the trip otherwise.

Leading up to the trip to WDW we saved as much as we could and when we had enough money, we went to our local Disney Store and bought tickets one at a time. That year we knew it was tighter than usual and only bought 3 day base tickets. We had to skip AK that year. Over a four month period we were able to buy the tickets we needed except for our DD who hadn't yet turned 3. We have a timeshare that we got talked into on a previous trip that we could barely afford, but the week was essentially paid for. We drove from Pittsburgh to WDW and went to the Wal-Mart Supercenter the night we arrived for food. We ate our meals in our room and on days we went to the park, we packed a cooler and ate in the parking lot. My DD turned 3 October 8 and our trip was the week after Thanksgiving that year. Whatever a 3 day child ticket would have cost that year doesn't sound like much, but it would have made a big difference.

People make these kinds of choices all the time. At the time it feels justifiable, if not "right".

Yes, it is about honour, but honestly the fact that you feel guilty about it now speaks to your character more than anything.

Don't worry, be happy! :D

[just don't do it again! :mad:]

:lol:

krankenstein

Don't worry about it! It's in the past, it isn't like you can do anything about it now. :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Don't worry about it! It's in the past, it isn't like you can do anything about it now. :wave:
You sure about that?:lookaroun

norm-447a04d099eed-Back+To+The+Future+2.jpeg

:lol:

Wilt Dasney

If they file for bankruptcy next week, citing a cash flow shortage equal to the price of one child's admission ticket...you should probably feel guilty.

Otherwise, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. :D

maggiegrace1

No need to explain..and no need to feel guilty..:wave:

Erika

There's no way I could get away with it even if I wanted to :lol:

My daughter tells everyone around her how old she is, and I imagine she'll still be doing the same after she turns 3 this spring. I'd be so busted so fast :ROFLOL:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
There's no way I could get away with it even if I wanted to :lol:

My daughter tells everyone around her how old she is, and I imagine she'll still be doing the same after she turns 3 this spring. I'd be so busted so fast :ROFLOL:
I did the same thing as a kid! If my parents even tried to let me order off the kid's menu somewhere, I'd proudly proclaim my real age. :lol:

Erika

I did the same thing as a kid! If my parents even tried to let me order off the kid's menu somewhere, I'd proudly proclaim my real age. :lol:

I think the age pride is lost somewhere around 21 :lookaroun

If I'm anything like my parents, it'll return once I'm eligible for senior discounts :king:

dcibrando

Original Poster
if you think about it... Disney isn't really losing here...especially when it might be the deciding factor when a family can go to WDW or not.

Disney wants people in the parks to make money because they know you'll spend there. (same reason they offer free dining... to get people there).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom