How do you do it?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
On a similar note, has anyone found a good sunscreen that doesn't look greasy? I've even tried the Neutregena and Aveeno ones that are specially formulated for faces, but I still have to cake on powder foundation over the top to eliminate shine.

I just use my regular facial moisturizer, Olay Complete, which has SPF 25. I make sure to spread it on my neck and ears, too, for sunscreen protection.

happymom52003

On a similar note, has anyone found a good sunscreen that doesn't look greasy? I've even tried the Neutregena and Aveeno ones that are specially formulated for faces, but I still have to cake on powder foundation over the top to eliminate shine.

Do you mean for your face, or body? I use Cliniques's face sunscreen. I've tried just about every drugstore brand formulated for faces, and dislike them all. I have very sensitive skin, and clinique is the only brand that does not make my face burn and break out, and I do not find it greasy at all.

And I guess I am in the minority when it comes to mineral makeup. I finally tried Bare Minerals after hearing so much hype about it, but my face looks exactly the same after I apply it as it did before I apply it. Do all of you who like it so much have really good skin or something? I like light, natural looking foundation, but I need alot more coverage than Bare Minerals gives....after putting it on, I look no different than when I crawled out of bed! I have alot of redness in my skin, and Bare Minerals does not cover it up or even it out at all.

diddy_mouse

I try to make an effort to look nice when I go to WDW mainly because we take so many pictures. And I hate looking back at them saying: "What the H was I thinking?!" :lol:

As far as my routine, I use very light makeup (mineral powder, eyeliner, mascara, wee bit of shadow) which I put on after I use some sunscreen (Neutrogena because of rosacea). For my hair I tend to dry it every morning but I use a smoothing creme (my hair is very fine) to ease the frizzies. I like to keep a small brush in my bag to lend a hand after some of the "wilder" rides.

I am one of those women that can wear flip-flops throughout the entire trip but I have been known to bring a pair of sneakers (Roos were my choice on the last trip :)) I once brought a pair of espadrilles to wear to dinner at Boma which ended up killing my feet afterward because I was silly and didn't break them in at home. :hammer:

MillerPoppins

I have always been a long time sneaker wearer to WDW. Light cotton socks and a fairly new pair. However, this past trip I found that my feet hurt the worst they ever have within the first two days of wearing them. At that point I had been wearing heels pretty much everyday to work. I switched to my new pair of flip flops that had extra cushioning and couldn't believe I was more comfortable in those for the trip. As long as they are cushy, I think you can last the whole day. Those little flimsy Old Navy ones would never, ever work.

As far as the makeup, I typically just worry about my eyes while down there. I wear CoverGirl Aqua Smooth under my eyes as it has SPF and covers up the circles. I don't wear any foundation generally because it seems a waste. We never go down in the "hot" months but with water rides, I just never bother. Waterproof mascara and outlast eyeliner stays the whole time during the parks. We are pretty hardcore too in the parks and how it is from the morning is how it stays.

My hair is curly and thick so it can be tempermental. I do bring baseball caps but rarely wear them. It usually starts out down and makes its way up by the end of the day. I usually do my hair everyday for work while at home but when I'm down there, it's all about just playing. I give it some extra hairspray along with the mousse so it lasts a bit longer. That's about it!

sweetpee_1993

Do you mean for your face, or body? I use Cliniques's face sunscreen. I've tried just about every drugstore brand formulated for faces, and dislike them all. I have very sensitive skin, and clinique is the only brand that does not make my face burn and break out, and I do not find it greasy at all.

And I guess I am in the minority when it comes to mineral makeup. I finally tried Bare Minerals after hearing so much hype about it, but my face looks exactly the same after I apply it as it did before I apply it. Do all of you who like it so much have really good skin or something? I like light, natural looking foundation, but I need alot more coverage than Bare Minerals gives....after putting it on, I look no different than when I crawled out of bed! I have alot of redness in my skin, and Bare Minerals does not cover it up or even it out at all.

I've never tried the Bare Minerals or Bare Escentuals mineral make-up because it's not readily available in stores here. When I tried it I got the Pur brand from Dillards. Loved it. Now that I know what I use I buy it from eBay 2 at a time because it saves like $15 each. I also like the Pur brand because it comes pressed in a compact instead of loose powder. Loose powder is too messy.

I meant to mention before that Target carries a retractable kabuki-type brush in the Sonya Kashuk (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) brand. I love it! No mess. Not a small investment just to buy a stinkin' make-up brush.

Sunscreen. I'm weird about any lotion. I mix stuff up to get what's comfy for me. I use Cetaphil lotions & wash for my face (recommended by the dermatologist). I mix a tiny bit of the SPF Cetaphil w/the non-SPF Cetaphil on my fingertips then rub it all over my face. Topped w/the mineral make-up w/the SPF factor I feel okay as far as protection. For the rest of my body I mix on my hands a nickel-size dollup of Neutrogena greaseless sunblock, a pea-size drop of self-bronzing body lotion, & another nickel-size dollup of my usual Angel lotion (from Designer Skin, used for after indoor tanning, has hemp seed oil in it & is super moisturizing) then apply all over. The intent is to keep my color even all over, avoid tan lines, protect the skin, and maintain good skin hydration.

This is a great topic! :wave:

LoriMistress

It could be a few things. It could be that you have the wrong color coverage. It sounds like you went for a foundation that was too light for your skin. mineral make-up is suppose to look natural. IMHO, I prefer the natural look instead of wearing tons of make that that's three shades darker then your natural skin color. You can cake on how much or little you want with mineral make up. For best results you're suppose to wait for about 5-10 minutes to let your make up set (for mineral make up). If it's too light, apply more.

DebDeb

My best tip is to have a personal fan for everyone in your party! We have had luck finding them at Walgreens,CVS and they have the little Mickey ones at the parks. They are wonderful at drying your melting makeup and just keeping you cool-ish while you are waiting in lines. We are all flip flop girls and the most comfy ones we have found are Nike and Rocket Dog. Hair is always an issue for my group since we all have long hair. We fix it in the morning and it always ends up in a ponytail. Not much you can do in the Florida weather. Makeup is always moisturizer with sunscreen a light foundation and waterproof mascara. One thing to keep in mind is when the rains come and you know they will we all look the same after donning our lovely rain coats!! Like drowned rats!! Or mice!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom