How do you brainwash your children into Disney?

Alexx

If they have any sense they should love disney anyway:ROFLOL:

But seriously though take them to WDW they'll soon love it or put disney movies on for them, they're the best!

I was (still am) successfully brainwashed, into liking Disney. My parents showed me the movies, bought me the Disney Princess bedsheets, took me to WDW at a young age, and even dressed me up as characters for Halloween.
:) Just push the Disney merch in their faces and drag them to the parks, it will work. :lol:

Erika

For us it started the first time she realized there were songs to go along with some of her books. Later, when she was a little older, I let her watch part of a movie and she was like :eek::eek::eek: There are books AND songs AND NOW THIS!??? :eek: :sohappy:

She is not any more a Disney freak than a fish tank freak or a coloring freak, but she does love it. Actually it's been helpful. She can find a lot of countries on the map because I've associated them with Disney characters. So there, I've justified the whole Disney movie love by making it an educational experience. :lookaroun That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
yesac7.gif

Laura

I don't think I've ever intentionally brainwashed the kids, they just can't help but be immersed in Disney 24/7 because of their surroundings. Most of my house is Mickey Mouse themed and Disney music is the only music I ever play in the car. They've also been going to Disney World every few months since they were born so it's like a second home for them.

onetimeDisney

this thread makes me sad

This thread makes me kind of sad. It is just Disney, a commercialized theme park. If I wanted to "brainwash" my kids then I would brainwash them into being polite, or serving others, or thinking worshiping God is the best thing on earth, not Disney. It's fun, I guess (since I went once 10 years ago and this will be our one and only family trip) but it is expensive and National Parks seem much better and cheaper.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This thread makes me kind of sad. It is just Disney, a commercialized theme park. If I wanted to "brainwash" my kids then I would brainwash them into being polite, or serving others, or thinking worshiping God is the best thing on earth, not Disney. It's fun, I guess (since I went once 10 years ago and this will be our one and only family trip) but it is expensive and National Parks seem much better and cheaper.
This just in for taking things to seriously department.......

mousefan1972

If you "guess" that going to Disney is fun, and you've been only once 10 years ago, why waste time and energy joining a DISNEY discussion forum?

:rolleyes:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

You could probably lighten up a little and not take this so literally....
This thread is meant in a lighthearted way. You also seem to forget that we are not quite average vacationers on a Disney fan site. Different choices and preferences are just fine.

Have a magical day! :D

EPCOT Explorer

Welcome to WDWMagic!:wave::wave::D

Erika

If I thought for a second this was a serious discussion, I would agree with you. But it's all in good fun. Welcome to WDWMagic! :wave:

TwoTigersMom

Our kids were self taught :cool:

exactly the same here. My boys had both been to Disney twice by 2 years and 3 months. They were hooked on their first trip. A few months ago, my 3 1/2 year old son informed me that he wanted to go to Cirque Du Soleil on his birthday, not the day after, not the day before, but ON his birthday :ROFLOL:

I love it. My daughter is 2 and a half. We are taking her to Disney Sept/Oct. She know alot of charcters, even Mary Poppins and Todd (Fox and the Hound). A bunch of the ones that are not the "common" kid ones. What can I say she is my kid.

onetimeDisney

sorry

If I thought for a second this was a serious discussion, I would agree with you. But it's all in good fun. Welcome to WDWMagic! :wave:
Thanks for the welcome. I guess I am just in one of those moods. Our trip is in 2 weeks, and I am tired of the planning and obsessing. I just want it to go perfectly. But I went to a 3rd world on a mission trip a month ago and it has me wondering if we should be going at all and should just be sending the money to the country we visited. Well, we have, but we could send more... How much is enough to send them when they have nothing and i have so much. Is this trip wasteful???

Erika

Thanks for the welcome. I guess I am just in one of those moods. Our trip is in 2 weeks, and I am tired of the planning and obsessing. I just want it to go perfectly. But I went to a 3rd world on a mission trip a month ago and it has me wondering if we should be going at all and should just be sending the money to the country we visited. Well, we have, but we could send more... How much is enough to send them when they have nothing and i have so much. Is this trip wasteful???

Just by going on your trip you've already done far beyond what most of us will ever do. I can understand the guilt factor, but if I were you I would take it for what it is- an experience for the family to share together, and a chance to leave reality behind for a few days. You are right that all of us can always do more. But taking a vacation and being charitable don't have to be mutually exclusive.

u2efine.gif

princessmommy

The songs worked for me! Also Mickey Mouse Clubhouse came out right before we went on our first trip!
His room has a huge mural of the lion king on it, and the whole time I was pregnant I sang circle of life in my car over and over!
I am expecting now and hoping for a girl so I can do the whole princess thing!!:king:

Erika

The songs worked for me! Also Mickey Mouse Clubhouse came out right before we went on our first trip!
His room has a huge mural of the lion king on it, and the whole time I was pregnant I sang circle of life in my car over and over!
I am expecting now and hoping for a girl so I can do the whole princess thing!!:king:

Oh yes, I am guilty of the mural as well :lol:

I did It's A Small World for my daughter, and she loved it. She'll see the real deal for the first time later this year. I can't wait for that.

Congratulations on the pregnancy and good luck with the princess thing- my little girl bypassed them all and wants to be Captain Hook for Halloween :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom