How could Disney Enhance the Bus Ride experience

juniorthomas

Original Poster
Several of the things people have suggested just aren't practical with the WDW system.
Double Decker buses? I don't think they would fit under the water bridges. Not to mention most of the entrance plazas, overhanging trees, etc.
GPS tracking of the buses? Disney does seem to have this in place for their internal purposes. But giving this to public wouldn't work well. WDW reroutes buses all the time. So a bus that had been planning on going to MK gets sent to AK, that messes up all the tracking someone had been doing.
Special music? Each route already has a different playlist set to your destination.
Interactive drivers? As much as I do miss the ones that used to do this, it is a safety hazard. If a bus was to crash and the driver was distracted because he was trying to think of the next trivia question, it's not good.

So what are your suggestions then? We'll listen to any ideas

Tom

Beta Return
Best. Idea. EVER.

Where did Stacy go anyway? It's amazing, she probably has the largest fan club of anything anywhere in the universe, yet very few people outside of us know who she is.

Do they not still play her video on the resort TVs? I thought that was her when we were there in February.

flavious27

Several of the things people have suggested just aren't practical with the WDW system.
Double Decker buses? I don't think they would fit under the water bridges. Not to mention most of the entrance plazas, overhanging trees, etc.
GPS tracking of the buses? Disney does seem to have this in place for their internal purposes. But giving this to public wouldn't work well. WDW reroutes buses all the time. So a bus that had been planning on going to MK gets sent to AK, that messes up all the tracking someone had been doing.
Special music? Each route already has a different playlist set to your destination.
Interactive drivers? As much as I do miss the ones that used to do this, it is a safety hazard. If a bus was to crash and the driver was distracted because he was trying to think of the next trivia question, it's not good.

The guy who runs the Disney Experience website was contracted to do some work for Disney designing paper models and the like.

Sounds like someone made out well then.

I think we said there would be problems with clearance problems if they had double deckers, more of a pipe dream.

juniorthomas

Original Poster
Do they not still play her video on the resort TVs? I thought that was her when we were there in February.

Is she a Disney exclusive then? They trot her out once a year for new video shoots and that's it? I wonder if she does any other work, or if Disney has exclusivity.

disney fan 13

i never understood that obsession with that girl...

lol i never like those videos anyway... always out of date by the time i get there...

anyway here is what i would do... ( even though it would never happen)

1. add more buses
2. clean existing buses
3. add T.V'S with park promotions and previews of the park where you are going.
4. once those are done make the music loader ( i know i spelled it wrong

Duckberg

If you're on property, you're going to ride Disney buses. In my experience, those bus rides are probably the least Disney-esque part of being at WDW. Anyone have any ideas as to how they could spruce them up, either thematically or in any other way, to make them less of a drag?

Have them run ON TIME

Duckberg :brick:

loveofamouse

The main complaints are the waits. I don't think any fancy card swiping or whatever is needed. It's simple common sense. The crowds are nothing new. They KNOW that closing time has HUGE crowds with most of those being value resorts. Load those routes up with some busses! Also, in the evenings, do more direct routes. Go straight from MK to a specific resort and back.

If a bus has to be pulled out, immediately send another out. Nothing is more frustrating than having to leave early cause a screaming, vomiting, pooping-water kid and waiting for over an hr at the busstop in the rain cause a bus was pulled out but it took 30-45min for the next guy to hop in and take over the route.

The monorails need work, too. That fire hazard of a ramp up to the platform at MK is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Get more trains on the MK loop at closing time.

As for wheelchair loading, that could be quickened by better training with the drivers. I was honestly, truly surprised at how slow/clueless the drivers were with that. I thought that, with how many disabled guests bisit WDW every year, the drivers would be like a NASCAR pitstop with loading them. Instead, I often ended up bumping them outta the way to buckle my son's down faster and I had never done it prior to my trip, just read the manuals like crazy. lol Watch school bus drivers load a chair. That's efficiency. lol.

The busses themselves could use a bit of a remodel on the seating. They could easily get more seats onto those busses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom