How could Disney Enhance the Bus Ride experience

juniorthomas

Original Poster
If you're on property, you're going to ride Disney buses. In my experience, those bus rides are probably the least Disney-esque part of being at WDW. Anyone have any ideas as to how they could spruce them up, either thematically or in any other way, to make them less of a drag?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
If you're on property, you're going to ride Disney buses. In my experience, those bus rides are probably the least Disney-esque part of being at WDW. Anyone have any ideas as to how they could spruce them up, either thematically or in any other way, to make them less of a drag?
They could elevate them onto their own highway system. And then lower the wheels/tires, so they ride over an elevated portion, removing the need for a steering system. And then chain them together in groups of 3-5.

And then they could call it a Bus-O-Rail. No, that would never work.

Kirk88

They could add some TVs and play old school Disney cartoons to keep the kids entertained. Some of the bus routes are pretty boring (ie. Wilderness Lodge to DTD...and back). Don't get me wrong. I'll take the buses over driving with gas prices the way they are!:D

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I could care less how "themed" they are as long as they run frequently and efficiently. If they get me to the park (or wherever my destination happens to be) in a timely fashion, I'm more than happy.

Buried20KLeague

If you're on property, you're going to ride Disney buses.

Nope. Never step a foot on a Disney bus. Rental car everywhere I go.

They could elevate them onto their own highway system. And then lower the wheels/tires, so they ride over an elevated portion, removing the need for a steering system. And then chain them together in groups of 3-5.

I enjoy when you come around, Rob. :D

mickeysshoes

bring the PURPLE pants back...they made me smile and looked forward to the "MEN IN THE PURPLE PANTS" !!!!!My kids called me crazy but hey its was one part of Dinsey you got no where else!!!!

ThatMouse

Having to stand when the bus is full. I suppose I could wait for the next bus and let others go ahead.

The other issue is the perception that buses are more frequent at some resorts than others -- as if Deluxe resorts are unfairly or fairly entitled to more buses. But I think it's just based on number of people waiting - a number of theories on how they determine that.

Disney could have a monitor showing where the next bus is, and some indicators telling us a new bus has been sent. They already have an impressive computerized dispatch system. There could be a phone app too.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I wouldn't quite say the Deluxe gets more. I have waited quite a while at several deluxe resorts for specific buses. I think it comes down to how many stops and handicap individuals there are than anything.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
By putting the money in the parks and not the transit.

I wouldn't quite say the Deluxe gets more. I have waited quite a while at several deluxe resorts for specific buses. I think it comes down to how many stops and handicap individuals there are than anything.

Did you happen to read the first post, or is just trying to incite something merely instinctive?

PhilharMagician

By putting the money in the parks and not the transit.

Now that is some good thinkin there! :brick:

Why put money into transportation at the most visited and the largest theme park resort in the world. The WDW transportation moves 10's of millions of people each year with busses, monorails and boats to go to those parks. Just imagine if everyone of those people took cars instead of busses to the parks, other resorts for dinner or DTD the roads would be insanely congested and the parking lots would all have to be enlarged just to hold them.

The WDW bussing system is an incredible machine and it does an amazing job moving people all over the resort in a reasonable time. Yes it would be nice to make it more magical but it is supposed to serve on purpose, and that is to get you around WDW

:sohappy::sohappy:

I enjoy driving around the parks, plus you can explore places on property that most guests never get to see.

What can you explore in a car that you cannot get to with Disney transport? The Hess station or McDonalds? I can understand that you cannot expore off property, but you can get to just about everything onsite.

juniorthomas

Original Poster

I'd ride it.

juniorthomas

Original Poster
I could care less how "themed" they are as long as they run frequently and efficiently. If they get me to the park (or wherever my destination happens to be) in a timely fashion, I'm more than happy.

But wouldn't it be nice if they got you to the park in a timely fashion AND entertained you somehow?

juniorthomas

Original Poster
They could add some TVs and play old school Disney cartoons to keep the kids entertained. Some of the bus routes are pretty boring (ie. Wilderness Lodge to DTD...and back). Don't get me wrong. I'll take the buses over driving with gas prices the way they are!:D

That would definitely help.

njDizFan

Meet and Greets are the obvious answer. "Our next stop is the Minnie lot, and don't forget to see Snow White on your way out".

juniorthomas

Original Poster
How about an interactive quiz game based on what you're driving past. Not that we need to distract bus drivers, but give them a mic and some scripts to memorize and you could have everyone participating - that would certainly make the bus rides less tedious. (Of course they'd have to make sure the bus drivers drove safely throughout)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom