How busy is too busy? How long are you willing to wait?

How long will you wait in line before walking away?

• 0-10 Minutes

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 10-20 Minutes

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • 20-30 Minutes

Votes: 40 33.1%
  • 30-40 Minutes

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • 40-50 Minutes

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • 50-60 Minutes

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Over 60 Minutes

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Lets not beat around the bush: We all HATE waiting in line for an attraction that (in our minds anyways) should be a walk on.

Soarin, TSMM - These have ridiculous lines. Peter Pan averages an hour wait at the best of times and the new Mermaid attraction keeps getting worse and worse.

By TEA estimates, MK averages 47k/day in daily attendance. I have no idea what that translates to as regards to wait time (Len and his math people over at TouringPlans probably could) but all I know is waits of recent have been nutty.

So how long are you willing to wait before saying the hell with it?

I thought about adding the option of "Screw it, where's the bar/airport?" but thats best left for another poll....

Nero the dog

It's changed over the years. The first time we visited we just stood in line for everything.We didn't know when, if ever, we would get to return. We also did the whole Orlando area (Disney, Universal, Kennedy, Seaworld and Busch), commando style for the 2 weeks we were there.
These days, we own DVC and visit every 2 years, theres no pressure to do everything everytime. If the lines too long we just don't bother as theres always next time. Also the kids are much older now so we let them go on rides by themselves, or use single rider queues when available.

sweetpee_1993

I say 20 minutes is my threshold but then we just stood in line for the Little Mermaid for 50 minutes last month. We were in the parks for a single day, no plans to return, and wanted to see it.

Interesting topic. Definitely something we've discussed. One of the big reasons we don't currently wish to return to WDW is because dealing with the masses of humanity is such a deterrent. And we've always gone during "off" or "less busy" times. Disney keeps the parks so full anymore that there truly is no real "quiet" time anymore. The difference in January 2004 and January 2013 is so very stark. Getting up early and staying educated so we know how to avoid the long waits, etc. are things that aren't fun for us anymore. We want to sleep past 8 on vacation and do whatever appeals when we set out.

I honestly can say I'd spend twice as much to have half the number of people there. I'd spend 3 times as much for just a third. Right now I wouldn't spend half the going cost of a WDW vacation to be there. It's too many people and too much work to stay ahead of the herds. No thanks.

Susan Savia

Got in line for Toy Story once like everyone does first thing. The line never moved and they said there was a problem and it might be an hour or more. People left the line in droves . I figured as soon as we left the line it would open up. Gave it five minutes more and sure enough. They let us in and since so many had left, it was a walk on.

Aurora1

I went last week, and it was super packed. However, we managed to never wait on line for more than 20 minutes, thanks to good planning & fast passes. It boggles my mind how people don't use them and wait for 2 hours for TSMM. It's a great ride, but for a 2 minute ride I really don't want to stand for an hour waiting!

Bparso87

30 min there is sometimes I will wait longer. I wanted to take my son on space mountain and already had fast passes for BTMR where all the family could ride. So I wated 50 min longest wait ever at Disney for me. But the DW and Dd was waiting to see Merida which was close to a40 min wait so was not to bad.

PUSH

We went over Easter week one year. While it was enjoyable and manageable, it was PACKED. We didn't get on each ride multiple times, but we were able to get on all of them that we wanted. The TTA probably had a 10 minute wait that trip! :eek:

For me I chose 20-30. Maybe into the 30-40 minute range if it's a ride I really like.

luv

I won't get in a line that is over fifteen minutes and I'll bail at the fifteen minute mark if we aren't close.

Well, I will get in longer lines for other people who want to ride...especially if they are cute, small people I love. But I draw the line at 45 minutes. Nobody is that cute. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom