How are the crowds this week? 12/27

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
I was just wondering just how bad the crowds are down there this week? The week after Christmas is normally busy, right? I have a few friends that are there right now but I have not talked to them yet. They are there with the baseball playoffs. I have always wanted to go during this time but I've never been brave enough. :lol:

Anyone know?:)

Pioneer Hall

Usually they are the busiest of the year with numerous parks having to close their gates during the day due to capacity. I can't say for sure what is going on now, but I don't expect it to be much different than the norm.

burninup4nick

Actually I went the week after Christmas a few years ago and it wasn't anymore crowded than usual. I think it was a bit less crowded, really, since most people went for Christmas Day and had already left. :)

mousefan1972

We came home Friday night after spending 9 nights at the WL and we were glad to be leaving. The amount of people arriving Christmas night and Friday morning was crazy. I would expect very heavy crowds through this coming weekend.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
My in-laws went last year at Christmas and came home two days early because of the crowds. I thought maybe they were just over reacting.:lol:

When I heard that the baseball playoffs were going to be there this week, I could not help but wonder why in the world they would schedule them the week after Christmas. I understand about school being out but goodness, it's already busy. Then I thought that maybe this year, with the economy, it wouldn't be so bad.

Thiger

It would be a dream to go for Christmas, but I don't think I could handle the crowds...T minus 3 weeks!!!! Hopefully mid Jan will be really mild this year!

the-reason14

Isnt the first week of Jan. packed too? Im asking cuz Ill be down there then. I dont expect it to as bad as this week, but I expect crowds nonetheless. Lol, you always gotta expect crowds when going to WDW, so if it isnt crowded you can be suprised and happy, lol.

Pioneer Hall

Isnt the first week of Jan. packed too? Im asking cuz Ill be down there then. I dont expect it to as bad as this week, but I expect crowds nonetheless. Lol, you always gotta expect crowds when going to WDW, so if it isnt crowded you can be suprised and happy, lol.

Crowds start to become less right after new years. The big drop off occurs after the weekend directly after the holiday. So by the 5th this year the parks should be down to a much quieter level.

raven

Over 42,000 guests at Epcot yesterday. Expected to get higher by New Years. Last year on NYE there were over 72,000 guests that came through the gates.

jazcatsnh

We went to DHS this afternoon and they had just reopened the parking lot at 4pm. MK was also at capacity at the same time. Did not get a chance to see the other two but at least 2 were closed up and wait times were in the 60 (Star Tours) to 150 (RNR and Toy Story) minute range.

Horizonstta

I went to record Spectromagic last night and it was insane! It was difficult just to walk around Liberty Square, where I happened to be set up for the 8pm parade. I don't envy those who are coming here to be on vacation this week (although we are having excellent weather).

Around 5:30pm, Splash was 120m, Big Thunder was 90m, Small World was 30m, Peter Pan was 75m, and Space Mountain was 90m.

culturenthrills

Well, it may not be Disney but over here in Tampa today Busch Gardens reached capacity in its parking lots. They were even parking people in the employee lot at the Adventure Island Waterpark which is behind the scenes. Of course we decided not to go in and took the kids to MOSI instead.

the-reason14

Crowds start to become less right after new years. The big drop off occurs after the weekend directly after the holiday. So by the 5th this year the parks should be down to a much quieter level.

Dang, Ill be leaving on the 5th lol. I figure it wouldnt get any better until I was long gone. Lol, gotta make the most of it I guess.

KHockett

We just got back on the 29th from a week at WDW. I would say it was crowded but not at all unreasonable from the 22-27. Then the 28-29 it got kind of crazy. Yesterday when we left MK it was mobbed at 1pm. But honestly on the whole it was an amazing week and the crowds were not that bad at all. It was a blast!

majorrfb

It's Usually a MAD HOUSE

Historically, the week between Christamas and New Year's is the busiest week of the year for WDW.

Enough said!! Having experienced this week once before, NEVER again:(
However, the weeks before or after are excellent times for the visit.:sohappy:

surfsupdon

We've gone the Christmas through New Years week for five consecutive vacations at Yacht Club. They continue to be the best WDW vacations I have ever had. Sure it's crowded, but it is ridiculously fun and exciting. I just wish I were there now.

rabbit1

We were down at WDW over the weekend (Saturday and Sunday), and fortunately we were mostly there for the nice weather and Christmas shows. Crowds weren't too bad on Saturday morning, probably because many people were out late the night before. By afternoon there were many more crowds and the queue wait times were all longer than we wanted to wait. I enjoy Pirates of the Caribbean, but not enough for a 50 minute wait.

Sunday at Epcot was at least as bad, and after lunch at Chefs de France we decided to just head over to Downtown Disney for some shopping. The crowds were bad there too, such that we could barely walk through the Lego store, and there were lines to get into World of Disney. I thought we were going to need to find a fastpass to get into the store, but the wait turned out to be just a few minutes.

Despite the crowds, some things weren't as busy as they might have been. Epcot wasn't very crowded on Saturday evening and there was no problem getting into the latest Candlelight Processional. Sitdown restaurants were fairly busy, but they didn't seem any more so than on other weekends. EMH at DHS on Saturday also seemed like a typical weekend, with fairly long waits for the popular rides, but the rest of the park was fairly empty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom