Hotelier Ian Schrager working on Disney Hotels.

Otterhead

The photo I posted is from the TripAdvisor page for the Executive Suite. You can look it up, if you like. I have no doubt that it's quite expensive.

Disneyhead'71

The photo I posted is from the TripAdvisor page for the Executive Suite. You can look it up, if you like. I have no doubt that it's quite expensive.
Trip advisor has old pictures that are pre-refurb. Oyster does too.

executive-suite-jw-marriott-orlando-grande-lakes-307007869.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm still wondering how you paid $630/night in 2006 at the Poly, when rates today for a Standard View run about $450 for full rack rate with no discounts. I thought everybody was saying that prices have skyrocketed the last several years, but apparently the Poly is cheaper?!?!? How does that work? :confused:

Did they say WHEN they stayed?, I seem to recall a 'standard view' room breaking the 1K mark at the Poly over the holidays.

CDavid

That's a valid complaint without having to stretch facts and truths- and over-exaggerate to the point of lunacy. Over-exaggerators are either delusional or trolling. Either way, I don't take their posts seriously.

Nobody should be misrepresenting facts; if you have a valid point, there simply isn't any need to (with the inverse perhaps also true). That said, there is a distinction between hyperbole (which is perfectly legitimate) and actual fabrication and erroneous exaggeration of facts or statistics (which is never appropriate).

I fully agree with what you're saying here; Just pointing out the obvious in that this is a discussion forum and not a peer-reviewed journal.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Did they say WHEN they stayed?, I seem to recall a 'standard view' room breaking the 1K mark at the Poly over the holidays.
He mentioned 2006 only. In checking the WDW site, a Standard View room during Christmas week is $654/night at the Poly. I cannot believe that the price has gone from $630 to $654 in 9 years. Oh, and all renovations are scheduled to be finished prior to the Christmas season, so there is NO reason for them to discount any room there at that time.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
But I do appreciate all y'all calling me a liar.
Never did. My ONLY point was that if you paid that much back in 2006, how can all of you here say that Disney deluxe resort prices have gone through the roof over the last decade. You can't have it both ways. Either it was more expensive back then, or it wasn't.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Yes. Rooms at The Poly have even recently have been showing up on discount sites for under $300.

There is a reason they are turning a large chunk of the place to timeshares. A mid40s% occupancy rate will cause odd things to happen.
Disney's last quarterly results had hotel occupancy at 89%. Please quote your source for the 40% figure. Mine is from official Disney releases.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Here is the interesting bit, CM's keep saying occupancy is very low and we have empty resort parking lots which tend to back that up, Yet Disney reports 89% occupancy under penalty of pejury.

Which version is the truth?

PREMiERdrum

Disney's last quarterly results had hotel occupancy at 89%. Please quote your source for the 40% figure. Mine is from official Disney releases.

Here is the interesting bit, CM's keep saying occupancy is very low and we have empty resort parking lots which tend to back that up, Yet Disney reports 89% occupancy under penalty of pejury.

Which version is the truth?

I'm guessing your money is on perjury?

The difference between "rooms currently available" and "total rooms on property"?

Otterhead

I know that a lot of guests have been avoiding the Poly while the pools have been closed and major construction's been going on. Thus, low occupancy and discounts. Now that the pool's open again, the lobby's done, and Trader Sam's is open, costs and occupancy will rise.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Dont forget that there are 30,469 on site hotel rooms, and double that off site so that would mean even with 89% filled thats 3,351 empty rooms!

dumboflyer

Anyone else remember a time on these forums when this topic would have simply yielded a discussion speculating whether Schrager's involvement would be Disney or not, and what theme or location or restaurants or whatever such hotel would feature?

Sadly this, like many forum posts of any substance around here, quickly degraded into a pro-Disney vs anti-Disney argument that overshadows the original point of the post.

Yes I know you can split hairs about not being really anti-Disney ("I'm comparing to old Disney", "I love them and wish they were better", "They are great but Uni has caught and surpassed them", "I don't really hate Disney, I just like trolling", etc.) But I can think of no other topical news website whose forums are this full of commentary so critical of the site's theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom