Hong Kong Expansion = Anaheim Expansion?

Little Green Men

Wow, great point. Herb Ryman.

Yes, all of this Hong Kong artwork is dramatically better looking and more sophisticated than the cartoony-clunky stuff WDI belched out for New Fantasyland, etc. during the Rasulo-Staggs era. Like this pointless and wildly inaccurate image from 2011 with little Timmy crossing an alarmingly out of code footbridge over a babbling brook...
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2011/01/seven-dwarfs-mine-train-art-high-res.jpg

Which by 2015, on a good day, just ended up looking like this instead...
mine_train_ride_disney_world.jpg
While true the concept art lead is to believe the cottage would be visible from the queue the concept art isn't as false as you claim. The cottage was built but the foliage blocks it from view
IMG_8469.JPG

lazyboy97o

WOW...yeah...I'm starting to realize more and more that "concept art" is most literal in the "concept" part. "This is what the land COULD look like...probably won't though."
It all depends on when the art is created and for what purpose. All promotional art gets called 'concept art' but concept design is a specific, early phase of work and art will continue to be developed after that phase of work. Disney also demands a lot of detail even for their conceptual work. A lot of the artwork released for Hong Kong Disneyland is probably done with the "blueprints" as a base reference.

I also forgot to mention - a fleet of electric Autotopia cars is becoming available with this...
They aren't going to any Asian parks, Paris recently hybridized theirs.
Food for thought, but I can't imagine they are just tossed.

I imagine they're being tossed. The electric cars were problematic in HK's Autopia because they had to be cycled constantly for charging, thus making the attraction cast member intensive and very slow loading. That's why Disneyland's Autopia didn't upgrade to electric due the recent long refurb.

D

Deleted member 107043

It's things like this that make me want to get the castle on the National Registry of Historic Places. If the castle isn't safe, nothing is.

To be honest nothing should be safe in my opinion. I prefer DL to be in a constant state of creative evolution. To me the worst thing that could ever happen to DL is that any physical element or feature of the park be preserved and deemed untouchable.

BrianLo

To be honest nothing should be safe in my opinion. I prefer DL to be in a constant state of creative evolution. To me the worst thing that could ever happen to DL is that any physical element or feature of the park be preserved and deemed untouchable.

I generally agree, but there are a few things that I truly believe hold enough historic value specifically in Disneyland only that they should be preserved as cultural touchstones.

The Castle, Small World and the Steam Trains.

I'd be very upset if a lot of other things left obviously... I don't even really love Small World as an attraction. But those are living edifices to American culture/the Disney Company/Walt.

Walt would probably be a and change the castle, but he's dead, and we don't really care what he thinks. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom