Hong Kong Disney

goofy

Original Poster
I take your point wdw magic and am sorry if it looked like i was ordering peole about i didnt mean for it to appear like that

Thanx TIn but thats exactly wat wdwmagic has on the site i would have LIKED more detailed informatoin on th rides

But thanx anyway

wagner92

I realize the post wanted to know about rides... and I don't think the Hong Kong Disney is that close enough in completion to be talking about that... but I could be wrong. (Tink.. I haven't read the article yet..) However, the misinformation on this site is driving me nuts. There was a treaty between China and Great Britian which stipulated that Great Britian would turn over the colony of Hong Kong over to China in 1999, but in doing so, Hong Kong would be allowed to retain a separtate identity.. even though China technically owned Hong Kong... Think of it like the United States with Puerto Rico.

mightyduck

Originally posted by castlecake

in 1999 Great Britian gave hong kong to china!!!

Right, castlecake, we've been through this. It's a legality that China controls Hong Kong if you read the beginning of the thread...there was some concern that mainland China and Hong Kong were filled with poor people who lacked disposable income. In that sense, Hong Kong has nothing to do with China because the government has continued to allow Hong Kong's existing economic structure to remain intact. You are absolutely right. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm always impressed with people who know about Hong Kong... ;)

MrPromey

Originally posted by mightyduck

I'm always impressed with people who know about Hong Kong... ;)

Well Mighty, let me tell you how Hong Kong ended up under British control to begin with. It all had to do with drugs. The Chinese government was worried about the spread of opium addiction. They tried to put an end to the trade but were met with resistance from the British. This little disagreement began the first Anglo-Chinese War back in 1840. The treaty that ended the war gave the island of Hong King to the British for use as a commercial and military base in the east. Before the British arrived on the scene, Hong Kong was pretty much just a little fishing village. :D

mightyduck

Originally posted by MrPromey

Well Mighty, let me tell you how Hong Kong ended up under British control to begin with. It all had to do with drugs. The Chinese government was worried about the spread of opium addiction. They tried to put an end to the trade but were met with resistance from the British. This little disagreement began the first Anglo-Chinese War back in 1840. The treaty that ended the war gave the island of Hong King to the British for use as a commercial and military base in the east. Before the British arrived on the scene, Hong Kong was pretty much just a little fishing village. :D

It's been noted, MrPromey. :) I'm impressed.

Tink

Good looking AND smart too? Mr. Promey, I am impressed.

I'm reading The Search for Modern China (it was a NYT bestseller) and I haven't got to the Hong Kong portion yet. Thanks for ruining the ending!:mad:

;)

MrPromey

Watch out MightyDuck! I'm becoming a hot item these days!
You and Ariel better start to appreciate me or I might just end up learning to fly!

mightyduck

Originally posted by marciahahn
Go for it, tink!! Those other two can't make up their minds.;)

Hey! I did pledge my devotion to MrPromey....he's the center of my universe, he can do no wrong in my eyes... all that!

I can't make him fly, though... :(

;)

Tink

Sorry, Mighty.:( I didn't know that you pledged your devotion to Mr. Promey. In that case, I supposed I should rescind my flying lesson offer.

mightyduck

Originally posted by Tink
Sorry, Mighty.:( I didn't know that you pledged your devotion to Mr. Promey. In that case, I supposed I should rescind my flying lesson offer.

No, no, Tink....you can take him flying. Marcia was suggesting that Ariel and I were indecisive, and I just wanted it noted that I had indeed pledged my devotion to MrPromey. ;) However, it's not exclusive... ;)

MrPromey

Wow! I don't know how I missed this for the last two weeks… I have females chasing after me! None of them are human but that's nothing new! MightyDuck, you know how I feel about you, baby but… Tink, sprinkle me with some of that dust and lets go!.. I guess I'll have to wait a week to get a response from either of you though, won't I?.. :( Think will have found her man and MightyDuck will probably be swimming with someone else. This isn't any fun… I need to go cry :(

mightyduck

Wow! I don't know how I missed this for the last two weeks… I have females chasing after me! None of them are human but that's nothing new! MightyDuck, you know how I feel about you, baby but… Tink, sprinkle me with some of that dust and lets go!.. I guess I'll have to wait a week to get a response from either of you though, won't I?.. :( Think will have found her man and MightyDuck will probably be swimming with someone else. This isn't any fun… I need to go cry :(

No, no, MrPromey.... you can go flying with Tink. It's cool with me. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom