Hong Kong Disney

goofy

Original Poster
i just read the bit on the site in the "new parks" (i think it was here) section about this new park. I was reading about wat would be in each land. A coaster is mentioned for adventureland
a raft ride for fronteirland and a coaster for toon town.

I thought indiana jones kali river rapids and goffy's barnstormer.

But from wat it says about each ride (its breif) this would not be the case.

Any1 know anymore about the rides we can expect???

Also there is no mention of splash,thunder or space mountain. This seems very strange as there is usualy a version of thunder and space at the disney parks

Any1 any more info????????

FutureCEO

It's gonna sux. Japan already has a great park ( make that 2) from reviews I hear. China. Why China. Japans like 500 miles away. And you might say That Disney woill amke a lot of money in China with 1.3 billion people but most of them are poor. So I think it a waste of money. It slated to be completed in 2005. Yeah like Disney gets anything right with completion dates.

goofy

Original Poster
i want to no stuff about rides i no where hong kong is

And why r china letting a company like disney in i thought they were communists(i could be wrong i dont want to start a war here)

mightyduck

Originally posted by goofy

And why r china letting a company like disney in i thought they were communists(i could be wrong i dont want to start a war here)

Goofy--

Hong Kong and China are two completely different countries...

goofy

Original Poster

Seano846

Hey Steve can your start a "I skipped summer school again" category?:rolleyes:

Attachments

• alcheshire_cat.gif
    alcheshire_cat.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 250

mightyduck

Originally posted by wdw24557
no it was transfer to China from England in 1999. And most of Hog Kong and chinese peolle are poor

No, they're not. Hong Kong remains one of the wealthiest countries in East Asia, and the people there are as educated as people in Japan.

I just thought you'd like the information before you go making judgements.

Sorry.

MrPromey

While China does not believe that Hong Kong is separate, just about all the rest of the world does and China has made no attempt to reclaim it (because they know it will start a war with more than just the people of Hong Kong. As mighty duck said, it's one of the most prosperous areas in all of Asia. As a matter of fact, many Americans go over there to live and go into business because it is an emerging market that is easy to do business in. Per capita, it has less poverty than we do.

lnsemsf

Technically, China did make an attempt to re-claim it and does in fact own the territory. However, trying to not screw up a good thing, china instituted the "1 country, 2 systems" rule that lets MOST of the freedoms that the people of Hong Kong stay. I did read however that once china took over, they passed a few laws limiting certain rights, I believe it was a law against protest or speach, but it was so long ago I dont remember. It is however under the protection of the chinese military so it's far from it's own nation, but about as close as you can get while dealing with the current government of China.

wagner92

If any city in China can support a Disney park, it is Hong Kong, even though Hong Kong is technically separate... For more info on the incredible wealth of Hong Kong, read the August Issue of Robb Report.

goofy

Original Poster

Am sure i asked about rides and things not about the current econmic state and who owns the place

Go back to the start of the thread thats wat i want to no

The Mom

Premium Member
Administrator, How could you allow these members to start a thread drift? :rolleyes: From now on everyone must remain strictly on topic, and only answer the specific question being asked!!!;)

mightyduck

Originally posted by marciahahn
Administrator, How could you allow these members to start a thread drift? :rolleyes: From now on everyone must remain strictly on topic, and only answer the specific question being asked!!!;)

LOL! Bad us, Marcia, offering all that extraneous info!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Am sure i asked about rides and things not about the current econmic state and who owns the place

Go back to the start of the thread thats wat i want to no

Hey Goofy - take it easy!
Its all relevant stuff - so dont go ordering people around!!
It might also help if you used proper English - there is a difference between KNOW and NO. :)

goofy

Original Poster
Relevant maybe but not wat i asked my question was about rides not about the distance between the two countries the economic stateand other such information which may well be useful to some1 but not to me. I started the thread to find out informatoin on the rides. But instead i get a load of peolple discussing who is ruling Hong Kong at the moment. Wat does that matter. It has little to do with my question or my thread.

And u can take it easy wdwmagic i KNOW how to spell KNOW but i didnt think this was a lesson in English i thought it was a discussion forum all about Disney infuture maybe i should consult the dictionary and spell check each post. AS long as i get the point across spelling dont matter.

And u aint perfect either

"It might also helped if you used proper English - there is a difference between KNOW and NO. "

It should be

it might also HAVE helped if you used proper English

or

it might also help if you use proper English

See we all make mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

space*mt*ranger

hope this helps:

The new park is divided into seven theme areas, with more than 23 attractions--including a storm simulator and a volcano-themed roller coaster--33 restaurants and a luxury hotel. The park will feature water rides similar to Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean at existing Disneyland parks, but it will be based on cartoon characters from "Aladdin," "The Little Mermaid" and the "Indiana Jones" movies.

goofy

Original Poster
Originally posted by space*mt*ranger
hope this helps:

The new park is divided into seven theme areas, with more than 23 attractions--including a storm simulator and a volcano-themed roller coaster--33 restaurants and a luxury hotel. The park will feature water rides similar to Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean at existing Disneyland parks, but it will be based on cartoon characters from "Aladdin," "The Little Mermaid" and the "Indiana Jones" movies.

I think that is Tokyo Disney Sea but thanks for the effort

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

See we all make mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I make mistakes all the time - missing words out etc... I am not dishing out Englsih lessons here, far from it. It would jsut help if you were to use the right word for the job. It makes things hard to read when you use no punctuation and alternative words like No and Know, repeatedly.

Discussion Forums use a threaded structure. So someone asks a question to get things started, and people reply with information around that subject. Thats how it works. Your exact question may not be answered.

All I am saying is do not start yelling at people for not answering YOUR question - it isnt going to get you anywhere here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom