Hollywood Studios New Name?

tirian

I doubt anything with the name Cinematic, or Hollywood Adventure will be used as those two are the single most generic possibilities for that park.
Disney Hollywood Experience

It's perfect because there are no complications from possessive case, meaning, or anything requiring proper English or effort.

Daveeeeed

Disney Hollywood Experience

It's perfect because there are no complications from possessive case, meaning, or anything requiring proper English or effort.
An Experience is significantly more broad than even California Adventure, and it is a bit confusing. California Adventure works as that is the theme of the park. (The pier, parks, Route 66 etc.). Hollywood Experience could mean a lot of things in the theme. It's too broad for my taste. People could the an experience is behind the scenes, or something along those lines. Doesn't really shout theme park.

tirian

An Experience is significantly more broad than even California Adventure, and it is a bit confusing. California Adventure works as that is the theme of the park. (The pier, parks, Route 66 etc.). Hollywood Experience could mean a lot of things in the theme. It's too broad for my taste. People could the an experience is behind the scenes, or something along those lines. Doesn't really shout theme park.
It's a joke.

wdwgreek

ah this threat again, do we have a name yet? no, more cycling through the same conversation, YES! How does Disney's Hollywood Advetnure sound ;)

jensenrick

If your spending billions of dollars it better have a good name.

The draw of the place will be the new Star Wars and Toy Story attractions, the name is practically irrelevant.
In fact, the more generic, the more people can just fit in their own expections.

As someone else said, they could just as well call it, "Disney's Available Space."

elchippo

Is "Cinemagic Kingdom" still the favored rumor? It's a very ugly made up word in print (Cinemagic). The lowest common denominator probably won't even know how to pronounce it. And can it even be translated into anything that international guests could even understand?

If we have to make a name change, Hollywood Adventure has been the best option I've seen knocked around.

ToTBellHop

Is "Cinemagic Kingdom" still the favored rumor? It's a very ugly made up word in print (Cinemagic). The lowest common denominator probably won't even know how to pronounce it. And can it even be translated into anything that international guests could even understand?

If we have to make a name change, Hollywood Adventure has been the best option I've seen knocked around.
What does Epcot mean? I know what EPCOT means, but when they changed the name in the 90s, the acronym went away yet no one seems to care that it's a made up word.

Call it Disney Snarfblat Adventure for all it matters. Disney theme park names mean very little anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom