Hollywood Studios New Name?

Goofyernmost

What does Epcot mean? I know what EPCOT means, but when they changed the name in the 90s, the acronym went away yet no one seems to care that it's a made up word.

Call it Disney Snarfblat Adventure for all it matters. Disney theme park names mean very little anymore.
I'm not sure that has any relevance at all. Remember John is a made up name along with Homer, Jim, Kathy and JoAnne. It is a name by default. Once they stopped capitalizing each letter, it went from acronym to name. Some things are just plain simple. Where did the name Kissimmee come from? Or Cape Canaveral?:)

ToTBellHop

I'm not sure that has any relevance at all. Remember John is a made up name along with Homer, Jim, Kathy and JoAnne. It is a name by default. Once they stopped capitalizing each letter, it went from acronym to name. Some things are just plain simple. Where did the name Kissimmee come from? Or Cape Canaveral?:)
My point was that if Epcot is fine, why not Cinemagic?

Goofyernmost

My point was that if Epcot is fine, why not Cinemagic?
Never said it wasn't. But, Epcot had a solid, reasonable, reason for using that name. What they name DHS will be pulled from the air and it might even be Cinemagic. I don't think anyone really knows or at least they aren't talking if they do know.

Phantom Mickey

Really? Do you still call airplanes those "new fangled flying machines" too? Change or be left behind! ;):joyfull:

YUPPERS
Them thar new fangled contraptions with the flipping wings and noisy smoke ridden gas guzzlin noise mak'n engines that soar ( sometimes ) across the sky leaving a smoke trail that would make mother proud.
YUPPERS DIZZYmgm

Phantom Mickey

What does Epcot mean? I know what EPCOT means, but when they changed the name in the 90s, the acronym went away yet no one seems to care that it's a made up word.

Call it Disney Snarfblat Adventure for all it matters. Disney theme park names mean very little anymore.

SnarfBlat ADVENTURE, not bad or THE STUDIO THAT USED TO BE CALLED Disney MGM, Hey THAT"S IT

Fox&Hound

But why stick to the movies theme at all? What makes Hollywood Studios, now that's not a stdio tour, any different than MK or Epcot? For example, how will the Star Wars section of Hollywood Studios be different than the Beauty and the Beast area of MK, Frontierland themed to the Wild West, or the Frozen area of Epcot? They are all "lands" themed around a single IP/theme. How will the Star Wars or Toy Story experience be vastly different as that which a guest would experience riding Frozen Ever after and then taking a picture with the Frozen sisters? Don't get me wrong- I love the old Hollywood vibe and want to see the parks have their own distinct theme, but with Disney blurring the lines between their parks, maybe they will go in a new direction all together....

FigmentForver96

But why stick to the movies theme at all? What makes Hollywood Studios, now that's not a stdio tour, any different than MK or Epcot? For example, how will the Star Wars section of Hollywood Studios be different than the Beauty and the Beast area of MK, Frontierland themed to the Wild West, or the Frozen area of Epcot? They are all "lands" themed around a single IP/theme. How will the Star Wars or Toy Story experience be vastly different as that which a guest would experience riding Frozen Ever after and then taking a picture with the Frozen sisters? Don't get me wrong- I love the old Hollywood vibe and want to see the parks have their own distinct theme, but with Disney blurring the lines between their parks, maybe they will go in a new direction all together....
Hollywood = movies.

Movies = Star Wars, Toy Story and more. So when we enter the world of hollywood we enter the world of the movies which is the theme of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom