Hollywood Studios New Name?

wdwgreek

No, but your value as a poster on an internet forum certainly is.

If no one appreciates your posts enough to even occasionally slap that "like" button, are you really adding anything here? If a post is neither entertaining nor informative then you're really just wasting everyone's time (including your own).

Now, if you somehow equate your value as a person with your standing on an internet forum, that's a problem for a professional.
I'm making a generalization of course, but i'd guess this boils down to affirmation? Who do we affirm people who think and post things we either agree with or have a similar thought process of us, and we don't press like if we don't agree with their argument or post. Now I don't know if affirmation of ones posts necessarily equals values of the things one posts.

AEfx

The arguing about "Cinemagic" can stop - it's already a registered trademark of a regional theater chain.

Disney wouldn't be able to use it any more than they could "Disney's Wild Kingdom".

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The arguing about "Cinemagic" can stop - it's already a registered trademark of a regional theater chain.

Disney wouldn't be able to use it any more than they could "Disney's Wild Kingdom".
Couldn't they still use "CinéMagique" since they own that name?

AEfx

Couldn't they still use "CinéMagique" since they own that name?

It depends on if they have an actual trademark on that or not. Cinemagic could still challenge it - while obviously Cinemagic is a chain of movie theaters, and we are talking theme parks, they are both entertainment venues and just too closely related (trademarks in these cases are applied more broadly to an entire industry).

Even if they could, I don't think it would really work, though - only because I don't see them using a foreign word in the name of an American Disney park. The Freedom Fries crowd would also go nuts LOL.

I'm thinking Disney Studios Park is good...I have yet to hear anything more complicated that really appeals.

Kman101

I just don't see how it won't be Hollywood Adventure. They clearly want DCA and DHS to be similar (yet different). I mean, both parks have different Hyperion Theaters, and now the former Muppet theater at DCA is called 'Sunset Showcase' apparently.

Why do they insist on things being the same everywhere? Different is good Disney. Different is good.

AEfx

I just don't see how it won't be Hollywood Adventure. They clearly want DCA and DHS to be similar (yet different). I mean, both parks have different Hyperion Theaters, and now the former Muppet theater at DCA is called 'Sunset Showcase' apparently.

I just can't see them using the "Adventure" in the name of the park that is 10 miles away from another "Adventure" park.

Kman101

I just can't see them using the "Adventure" in the name of the park that is 10 miles away from another "Adventure" park.

Hollywood Studios and Universal Studios.

I don't love the name but it's the only one that can really work for the park. They aren't going to make it overly different or change it that much. California Adventure/Hollywood Adventure just makes sense to me but I see where you're coming from. I'd love something more unique and original though.

AEfx

Hollywood Studios and Universal Studios.

Yes, I am aware LOL - given how confused guests have been over the years with two studio parks (I've been standing in Disney's and heard folks ask where Jaws was on more than one occasion...) - I just don't see them doing it again.

Kman101

Yes, I am aware LOL - given how confused guests have been over the years with two studio parks (I've been standing in Disney's and heard folks ask where Jaws was on more than one occasion...) - I just don't see them doing it again.

Very good point. I have as well (I've heard guests ask where Harry Potter is ...) and I just cringe. How can you not educate yourself on where you are going? LOL

They should choose something that makes it stand out and differentiate it but they don't seem to want or have the desire to do that as much anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom