Hollywood Studios New Name?

tissandtully

Oh that sounds awful! I wonder if they are afraid of using adventure for fear people get Island of adventure confused with Disney's Hollywood adventure... DCK sounds awful, why does it have to be a kingdom? What's next EPCOT kingdom

Lol, DCK, great acronym though. "Had a great time at DCK last week. "

cheezbat

and then they need to add about 3 more rollercoasters. While I am not a rollercoaster fan, a lot of people are. It would be good if Disney had a spot to cater more to that crowd.

I think after the Toy Story coaster, if they added a suspended Monsters Inc coaster the park would be good on coasters. I'd prefer a flume ride added...a park with no boat or water rides is lame.

deere839

I think after the Toy Story coaster, if they added a suspended Monsters Inc coaster the park would be good on coasters. I'd prefer a flume ride added...a park with no boat or water rides is lame.
I wouldn't mind both its really lacking them plus this park I feel like needs less star wars too its all over the place.

Chevross

To be blunt, Cinemagic Kingdom is a stupid name that'll only confuse tourist who half-research their trips. Imagine someone trying to make dinner reservations at Tony's Town Square in the Cinemagic Kingdom, and then insist that Star Lands is in Magic Kingdom next to Alice's Castle.

Being a bit sarcastic there, of course.

RSoxNo1

To be blunt, Cinemagic Kingdom is a stupid name that'll only confuse tourist who half-research their trips. Imagine someone trying to make dinner reservations at Tony's Town Square in the Cinemagic Kingdom, and then insist that Star Lands is in Magic Kingdom next to Alice's Castle.

Being a bit sarcastic there, of course.
Sorry but this post is idiotic. People are going to be confused by names regardless. You just arbitrarily combined things and re-wrote it into old guy speak. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go ride Mission Earth.

Heffalump333

Original Poster
Sorry but this post is idiotic. People are going to be confused by names regardless. You just arbitrarily combined things and re-wrote it into old guy speak. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go ride Mission Earth.
If this post is "idiotic" why are you here and commenting on it?

RSoxNo1

If this post is "idiotic" why are you here and commenting on it?
That doesn't make any sense. I'm here to discuss the new name for Hollywood Studios and wherever else the direction of this and other threads may go.

When someone posts something I disagree with, or I think is idiotic I may call it out. I chose to do so. I'm far from the first person in history to call out someone for saying something that didn't make sense.

Chevross

That doesn't make any sense. I'm here to discuss the new name for Hollywood Studios and wherever else the direction of this and other threads may go.

When someone posts something I disagree with, or I think is idiotic I may call it out. I chose to do so. I'm far from the first person in history to call out someone for saying something that didn't make sense.

Allow me to rephrase by stripping my original post of its sense of humor and joking manner.

Cinemagic Kingdom is a poor name due to the fact that many tourists do not research their trips, and will get Cinemagic and Magic Kingdom confused. In doing so, people will attempt to make dinner reservations for a restaurant in Magic Kingdom, but go to Cinemagic Kingdom under the mistaken belief that's where their reservations are located.

Evidence that this happens in real life is widely available, with people swearing up and down that they've been to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at the Magic Kingdom or they went to Islands of Adventure and asked where The Haunted Mansion was within the park. That's people not getting names mixed but just not knowing Universal and Disney are two separate entities. Now Disney wants to have two parks that are just a few letters different in name and sound very much alike. I will agree that names are something people will always get mixed up, but that doesn't necessitate compounding more confusion atop of it. At least with Animal Kingdom, you know that's the one with animals because it says it. Cinemagic sounds like a branch off of Magic Kingdom, and therefore does not provide a distinct identity as a good name should, which as we know, one thing Hollywood Studios struggles with is its identity.

If that is too idiotic to understand, then the problem is not with my post.

Last edited:

ChrisM

When someone posts something I disagree with, or I think is idiotic I may call it out.

You've been delinquent in addressing the Pam Hates Penguins issue, that's for sure.

Personally, I believe anyone with a "Likes-to-Messages" ratio lower than 1 needs to re-think their life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom