Holidays, Finishing Touches and Imagination (11/7)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
New photo update within a few.. the major stuff:

-Weird lighting on Imagination, with the larger pyramid lit at night in red

-Trees at Epcot and MGM, nothing really at AK

-The ears are up at the Contemporary's new store, and the lobby is getting more major work

-Tarps over Boardwalk

-Paper straws at AK

-Yak and yeti is getting paint treatments, people were visible on the second floor inside

Edit to add: I almost forgot! The new railing/fence in the Epcot entrance area is being installed - finally.

Okie, working to get photos up.. In a few :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Starting at Yak and Yeti..

holiepcot01.jpg

This sign points to the outdoor seating area, which is towards Kali.

holiepcot02.jpg

And this appears to be above the main entrance..

holiepcot03.jpg

Which appears to be very purple

holiepcot04.jpg

Is that a person up there?

holiepcot05.jpg

It is! And nearby, there's lots of people working together of the faux-finish of the building...

holiepcot06.jpg

Nice work on the faux-wood..

holiepcot07.jpg

And Yak/Yeti aside, the most important new thing in dining at AK is the new paper straws!

holiepcot08.jpg

My lovely assistance is modeling the straw, which is a paper-wrap sort of like a paper towel tube, but with a waxy finish inside. Up next, Epcot's entrance work..

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
We got to Epcot and at first noticed nothing, untilw e saw the far end of the entrance area - over by the kennel.

holiepcot09.jpg

Could it be? Yes, it is the new fence/gate/rail thingy!

holiepcot10.jpg

It's kinda tall..

holiepcot11.jpg

And not really what I expected after all those posts about Epcot-logo stuff. Oh well.. Look, a shiney!

holiepcot12.jpg

Inside the park, nothing terribly exciting is happening. I peeked inside of the Innoventions work areas and they're pretty much bare concrete. Over at SSE, there is a ladder. *shrug*

Lights of Winter are 3/4 of the way done.

holiepcot13.jpg

And the tree is up..

holiepcot14.jpg

With the same angel, I think we should call her Bertha.

holiepcot15.jpg

A short Friendship ride later (yeah, it look an HOUR!) pasrt the Boardwalk under tarps..

holiepcot16.jpg

We're at MGM and checkin out it's tree.

holiepcot17.jpg

Evil plastic Santa faces and all. The park is mostly decorated, garlands and lights everywhere - even these cute mini-trees on all the light poles:

holiepcot19.jpg

More, like the Contemporary and more Epcot, in a few..

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
And yes, they're still building Toy Story..

holiepcot18.jpg

Off to the Contemporary, where the lobby has more tarps..

holiepcot20.jpg

But the checkin area looks lovely.

holiepcot21.jpg

Upstairs, we've got ears:

holiepcot22.jpg

And here's the sorcerery-themed big doors and walls:

holiepcot23.jpg

Which of course is shiny:

holiepcot24.jpg

The other ears..

holiepcot25.jpg

And another angle..

holiepcot30.jpg

And add a person for scale, lovely assistant:

holiepcot27.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Outside, work continues..

holiepcot28.jpg

holiepcot29.jpg

Inside, they haven't completely forgotten about the holidaybetween Halloween and Christmas...

holiepcot26.jpg

Back to Epcot, and the tree is lit:

holiepcot33.jpg

And here's Bertha again..

holiepcot31.jpg

And here's the America Adventure tree..

holiepcot32.jpg

And finally - the big hoopla bit.. the larger pyramid of Imagination is lit on the inside..

holiepcot34.jpg

And these photos were jsut resized, so it's actually even brighter and more apparent in person. Odd, no? It's showing off the interior structure. The other pyramid was dark, per usual.

holiepcot35.jpg

That's it, enjoy.

Fun2BFree

I love the way they're going the whole hog over at Yak & Yeti! That place is going to be great to visit when it's done.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve not seen Imaginations Pyramid lit from inside for so long - it`s about time. I guess it is just for the holidays though. Now to get some more colour in and the smaller pyramid spotlights working too and it`d be another small step forward. Changing LED uplighters anyone? :D

Attachments

• Pyramids lit.jpg
    Pyramids lit.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 435

flowerlady

What a beautiful job of reporting all thats new...id......thanks for sharing the pictures! Nice to see whats going on in the place that I so frequently miss. :xmas:

PhilharMagician

Thanks once again for the whole world update. You must have been running around like a maniac to get all the parks and CR.

With the Yak & Yetti rumored to open next Wednesday CRO is still not taking ressies and does not have any info on when. I wonder if it will open on time?

SewIn2Disney

What happened to getting the Christmas decorations up *magically* after Thanksgiving. I was there one Thanksgiving, and it all literally went up after that night. It's barely the week after Halloween, and the Christmas stuff is already up! Not that I'm complaining though....it looks good.

TheBeatles

What happened to getting the Christmas decorations up *magically* after Thanksgiving. I was there one Thanksgiving, and it all literally went up after that night. It's barely the week after Halloween, and the Christmas stuff is already up! Not that I'm complaining though....it looks good.

November might as well give up all its days to December.

Bobster

Thanks for the continued updates Merf.

Maybe it looks better in person, but the Mickey store upstairs at the Contemporary looks just way out of place. Kind of like the Hat at the Studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom