Holiday Overlay for Toy Story Mania

JLW11Hi

We'll see, although it does seem simple. This was supposedly one of the big selling points on Star Tours when it was launched, that it would be very easy to update over time. We see how often that's actually happened.

Same with Soarin'. And as far as I've seen, they are still flying over California at the Land.

The plus side to Midway Mania as opposed to Star Tours and Soarin is that it is all animation and programing that would only deal with on screen elements. No filming would have to be done. They wouldn't have to reprogram the movements of the cars at all. Heck, they could probably use the same programing used for the current games and just swap out the layout/characters/animation. Instead of throwing rings, now you are throwing wreaths...or something.

WDW1974

Can they do this? Absolutely.

Do they plan to do this? Absolutely.

Was this a selling point when the attraction was developed? Absolutely.

Is this the exact same line that was used for simulator attractions? And for film-based attractions in general?

Absolutely.

Is this the exact same line that was used for simulator attractions? And for film-based attractions in general?

Absolutely.

Yea, what simulator has NOT been sold this way? "Well you could easily just make a new video and reprogram the ride.....". I can almost hear the sales pitch

Buried20KLeague

Same with Soarin'. And as far as I've seen, they are still flying over California at the Land.

The plus side to Midway Mania as opposed to Star Tours and Soarin is that it is all animation and programing that would only deal with on screen elements. No filming would have to be done. They wouldn't have to reprogram the movements of the cars at all. Heck, they could probably use the same programing used for the current games and just swap out the layout/characters/animation. Instead of throwing rings, now you are throwing wreaths...or something.

But don't forget the audio. Every time you re-do the animation, you'd have to have the voice talent come in and re-record. Unless they did a ton of it up front. But I think we all know better than that.

Anyway. My point is that there would be a decent sized cost (not to mention logistical concerns) involved in even just that portion... Unless Pixar writes their contracts in such a way that voice talent has to record updates on things like that. But then you'd have to comp them appropriately up front. And I think we all know better than that.

EPCOT Explorer

Absolutely.
*looks at Star Tours*

*looks at Body Wars*

*cries*
:lookaroun:lol::cry:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that quickly changes once you see Disneyland's in person.

:lol:

:dazzle:

:cry:

I don't like the looks of it.:shrug: The icicles look fake.:shrug: I have not seen it IRL, though...

Pongo

I don't like the looks of it.:shrug: The icicles look fake.:shrug: I have not seen it IRL, though...

I haven't seen the Sleeping Beauty Castle in person during Christmas, but Cinderella castle during Christmas isn't exactly the perfect version of snow. I mean, it looks really pretty, but it sure doesn't look real :lol:

nemofinder22

Both have there own great aspects and there bad, and IMO go like this.

DL- is suppose to be snow
good- looks and screams Christmas day and night, lights and snow cover both front and back
bad- the ugly icicles

MK- is suppose to be ice
good-stunning, character lighting show
bad- its on the front only, the effect only works at night during the day it looks like the castle at any other time of the year

Overall though I enjoy both very much, and that merch they put out I love even more!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom