Holiday decorations now in place at the Magic Kingdom

Mystic

Any idea on whether or not the tree is up in the Rose Garden this year? It wasn't last year which was disappointing. They used to put it in the Rose Garden before the parade taping and then move it to the hub by the train station after the taping.

StitchMom84

What a difference a week makes..to think, I was there at this exact time last week at the MNSSHP standing in line waiting for a Snow White/Seven Dwarfs photo op............sigh......................
Would love to see it at Christmas time!!
Maybe someday................

rustysgirl

also am i the only one who doesnt like the decorations going across main street in the sky? it just seems like it blocks the view of the castle and takes away the awe factor as soon as u see it. and also if u want your picture taken in front of the castle from a distance (so u get the whole castle in) it just kinda seems like you'd have the decorations in the way. i've never seen it in person but judging from the pictures of it, it just kinda seems in the way. :shrug:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Any idea on whether or not the tree is up in the Rose Garden this year? It wasn't last year which was disappointing. They used to put it in the Rose Garden before the parade taping and then move it to the hub by the train station after the taping.

No it isnt there yet.

Bcrane

Did they move Roy again? I love the decorations - but I just don't think they should be moving Roy every year :(

Yes, he is gone...

100_2345.jpg

Taken today...

do they really move him? is it to another location or "behind the scenes" so u cant see him?
:(

I didn't see him anywhere today, but I really wasn't looking for him so I might have missed him.

nightowlky

I hope they're going to put up more and more lights, too. And spread the decorations more throughout the park.

I was actually kinda disappointed with my first Halloween at the MK. I was expecting much more in the way of decorating. I'm hoping that since it's just a week past Halloween that the Christmas decorations are still a work in progress?

It was certainly nice being there tonight, though.

mickey2008.1

i cant wait to be there dec. 13th, actually going to put lights up in our room, cant wait.:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas: get to wear my mickey ears santa hat again.

tmbcole

They really move Roy???? Why??? Roy should always be a permanent fixture. Roy and Walt are the icons of Disney and neither should be moved!:shrug:

Lisalyn

also am i the only one who doesnt like the decorations going across main street in the sky? it just seems like it blocks the view of the castle and takes away the awe factor as soon as u see it. and also if u want your picture taken in front of the castle from a distance (so u get the whole castle in) it just kinda seems like you'd have the decorations in the way. i've never seen it in person but judging from the pictures of it, it just kinda seems in the way. :shrug:

I can assure you...well from my point of view anyways - I HAVE been there and nothing takes away from the "awe" factor...absolutely nothing. You have to see it to believe it:):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom