Holiday decorations now in place at the Magic Kingdom

rileyspaw

Nothing matches the feeling you get in WDW at CHRISTMAS time even when you're being clipped in the heels by a stroller!:lol: It's a beautiful and fun time to be there!!:xmas:

enoe01

WE cant wait to see all the decorations either! 25 more days! We are even speanding 1 day just going resort to resort to check out all the different decorations. WE LOVE CHRISTMAS!

BrerFrog

Isn't this a little bit earlier than usual?
I remember arriving there at November 18th last year and the decorations weren't up.

GaBookworm

They move Roy every year. To me it looks 'strange' to see him because we always go in December. The tree is there in December, after they film the Christmas parade.

:xmas::xmas:

tecowdw

Isn't this a little bit earlier than usual?
I remember arriving there at November 18th last year and the decorations weren't up.
They always have them up prior to the first MVMCP at MK. This year that is this Tuesday. I think they been up long before Thanksigving for quite a few years now. If I recall correctly, the holiday decorations went up within a week or so after the last MNSSHP last year also.

COProgressFan

Are they holding off putting up the big tree until after the parade taping again this year?

Not certain, but it seems that way. Another example of a misguided, guest-unfriendly cost cutting measure (see anger in the Lights of Winter at Epcot thread!)

Its not the worst thing in the world for the tree go up Dec. 7th after the parade taping is finished that weekend. But the fact that they have the audacity to not put up the tree (like they used to) for paying guests of the Christmas parties before that date is obnoxious.

RiversideBunny

Are they holding off putting up the big tree until after the parade taping again this year?

Last year Regis and Kelly were sitting on a stand at the end of Main Street, facing the railroad station. I think the cameras were on the RR station, so having the tree in place would have blocked them.

We often go in December and in the past the tree was put into place on Main Street in time for it to be there on the day after Thanksgiving Day.

:xmas:

A co-worker just returned from his vacation last week at WDW. He said one day he went to MK and all the fall decorations were up. The very next day he went back and it was all decorated for xmas. It's amazing the stuff that happens overnight there.
I can't wait to see all the xmas decorations. :sohappy:

Mystic

Last year Regis and Kelly were sitting on a stand at the end of Main Street, facing the railroad station. I think the cameras were on the RR station, so having the tree in place would have blocked them.

We often go in December and in the past the tree was put into place on Main Street in time for it to be there on the day after Thanksgiving Day.

:xmas:

What they used to do was put the tree up in the Castle Rose Garden before the parade taping and then after the parade taping move it to it's normal location at the hub by the train station. Except last year, they didn't put the tree up until after the taping of the parade. According to Steve here, they haven't yet put the tree up in MK so I'm guessing it won't be up until after the taping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom