Hockey Fans

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Congratulations to Anaheim [and their loyal fans here at WDWMagic]!

You deserved the Cup.

bhg469

Congrats to brad may!! I was so happy to see him hoist the cup! PS I HATE BETTMAN and pronger you are a dirty dirtball excuse for a hockey player but the sens have chris neil so it offsets.

Nicole220

Congratulations to the new champions of hockey, the Anaheim Ducks!! This is their first franchise cup win, and the first west coast cup win! Also, congratulations to Scott Niedermayer, the MVP!!
:sohappy: :sohappy:
It was sweet seeing Teemu crying.

:(

Ottawa kept us on our toes the whole series.​

dxwwf3

Congratulations to Anaheim [and their loyal fans here at WDWMagic]!

You deserved the Cup.

Thanks. Class act all the way.

It almost doesn't seem fair that I've only been a hockey fan for 4 years and now my team wins the Cup. But I now love the game and playoff hockey is right up there with any post season in sports and that is coming from a diehard Football and Basketball fan since birth. I feel privileged that I discovered this great game and I look forward to being a Ducks fan for the rest of my life. And I don't plan on missing a Stanley Cup Final for the rest of my life either, no matter who is playing. I just bought the T-shirt, DVD, Pennant, and Championship Puck online :lol:. I never thought I'd be buying hockey merchandise 5 years ago.

BTW for any Ducks fans wanting the DVD, get it at Deep Discount and not on Shop.NHL.com. It's about 8 bucks cheaper and with free shipping.

Nicole220

Thanks. Class act all the way.

It almost doesn't seem fair that I've only been a hockey fan for 4 years and now my team wins the Cup. But I now love the game and playoff hockey is right up there with any post season in sports and that is coming from a diehard Football and Basketball fan since birth. I feel privileged that I discovered this great game and I look forward to being a Ducks fan for the rest of my life. And I don't plan on missing a Stanley Cup Final for the rest of my life either, no matter who is playing. I just bought the T-shirt, DVD, Pennant, and Championship Puck online :lol:. I never thought I'd be buying hockey merchandise 5 years ago.

BTW for any Ducks fans wanting the DVD, get it at Deep Discount and not on Shop.NHL.com. It's about 8 bucks cheaper and with free shipping.
Oooooo, I want some!! :lol:

How did you become a Ducks fan? I've been wondering since you don't live in SoCal.

dxwwf3

How did you become a Ducks fan? I've been wondering since you don't live in SoCal.

Disney

Plain and simple. Sure they don't own the team anymore, but it's a hometown team to a Disney park. That's also why I'm a diehard Orlando Magic fan. Orlando is a little different than Anaheim in that I've been so many times, it almost feels like home. And 3 weeks from today, I'll be spending my first night ever in Anaheim at the Disneyland Hotel. June 2007 is going to be one of the best months ever.

Nicole220

Disney

Plain and simple. Sure they don't own the team anymore, but it's a hometown team to a Disney park. That's also why I'm a diehard Orlando Magic fan. Orlando is a little different than Anaheim in that I've been so many times, it almost feels like home. And 3 weeks from today, I'll be spending my first night ever in Anaheim at the Disneyland Hotel. June 2007 is going to be one of the best months ever.
Ah, good choice. :animwink:

That's exciting about your trip! You're going to love Disneyland, it's pure magic!

Wilt Dasney

DL got a reference in ESPN.com's front page blurb. :D

"Stanley's Cup has found a new home: Southern California. Anaheim finished off Ottawa in Game 5 Wednesday night, beating the Sens 6-2 to bring hockey's Holy Grail to the land of Hollywood, Mickey and new NHL champs."

SpongeScott

There must be a curse on the Cup against cold-weather teams. Tampa Bay in 2004, Carolina in 2006, and how Anaheim in 2007. Must be Atlanta's turn next year.

Wilt Dasney

There must be a curse on the Cup against cold-weather teams. Tampa Bay in 2004, Carolina in 2006, and how Anaheim in 2007. Must be Atlanta's turn next year.

And all against Canadian teams (CAL, EDM, OTT)

Maybe the Thrashers will beat the Maple Leafs next year. :lol:

MerHearted

Congratulations Ducks!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Enjoy the feeling while it lasts... cause next year will be the beginning of the Penguins dynasty. :cool: :lookaroun

dandaman

Using that cold-weather theory, combined with global warming... the Leafs will win within the next 50 years? :lookaroun

...Maybe some of the coastal teams will be underwater by then. It's our only hope. :lol: :zipit:

bhg469

Disney

You were rooting for the sabres as well earlier in the season and last season, how did that come about?

dxwwf3

You were rooting for the sabres as well earlier in the season and last season, how did that come about?

Bills fan :ROFLOL:

So they are sort of a secondary team, but Anaheim has been my number 1 ever since I started watching. But yeah I would love to see the Sabres win one soon, just make it on a year that Anaheim isn't playing against them in the finals.

I know it kinda looks like I'm bandwagoning by pulling for the Ducks first and the Sabres as a distant secondary team, but they just both happen to be very good right now.

Wilt Dasney

I know it kinda looks like I'm bandwagoning by pulling for the Ducks first and the Sabres as a distant secondary team, but they just both happen to be very good right now.

I don't think anybody was implying that at all.

(By the way, can I have your Hurricanes stuff from a year ago? Since you're probably not using it anymore.) :lookaroun

j/k
I kid. I kid, because I'm a kidder. :wave: :lol:

Wilt Dasney

Does anyone know who wins the cup most often - the western or eastern conference?

:veryconfu

The East-West format has only been in place since the '93-'94 season, and the West has a slight edge in finals, 7-6.

Prior to the current alignment, teams that are currently in the Eastern Conference won 20 out of 26 finals from the '67 expansion until the realignment in '93. That's not necessarily a fair comparison, though, because of the different alignments and bracketing formats used prior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom