HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We're going end of next week and booked this...so excited!
It’s a truly amazing experience. Assuming you’re English speaking you should get some help from your server since the spiels are in Mandarin and Cantonese (we had a lovely chat with the manager which included the reason for this after our dinner)

IMG_7359.jpeg
IMG_7311.jpeg
IMG_7292.jpeg
IMG_7276.jpeg
IMG_7260.jpeg
IMG_7252.jpeg
IMG_7302.jpeg

disneyC97

It’s a truly amazing experience. Assuming you’re English speaking you should get some help from your server since the spiels are in Mandarin and Cantonese (we had a lovely chat with the manager which included the reason for this after our dinner)

View attachment 819059View attachment 819060View attachment 819061View attachment 819062View attachment 819063View attachment 819064View attachment 819065
Thanks. Yes, we're English speaking (coming from NYC). Looks fun!
I'm using my DVC points for a stay at the HKDL Hotel, which is great.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks. Yes, we're English speaking (coming from NYC). Looks fun!
I'm using my DVC points for a stay at the HKDL Hotel, which is great.
You’re in for a treat. Aside from no quick serve / grab and go - aside from the fridge in the store - it’s a perfect hotel. And quite beautiful.

Last edited:

Stevie Amsterdam

I also highly recommend the Nightnare Before Dinner dinner show.
I had to chose one of the two. Even though we have park tickets for two days, we only have 7 days in Hong Kong so I wouldn't be able to convince my husband to join me for a full two days. We bought the 2 day tickets in case the weather wouldn't allow for Momentous, so we have an option to return just for that.

Stevie Amsterdam

View attachment 819059View attachment 819060View attachment 819061View attachment 819062View attachment 819063View attachment 819064View attachment 819065
All that food but especially those desserts look amazing!

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 5.50.05 PM.png

approximate translation:
**Hong Kong Disneyland announced the expansion plan for the new "Lion King" theme park, which will be jointly invested by the Hong Kong government and Hong Kong Disney**

October 14, 2024 - Hong Kong Hong Kong Disneyland today grandly announced a new "Lion King" theme park expansion plan. This brand-new park will be located between Adventureland and Grizzly Gulch and connected to the existing "Celebration of the Lion King" theater, becoming Asia's first "Lion King"-themed immersive experience area. This project is a joint investment between Hong Kong Disneyland and the Hong Kong government, marking a new milestone for both parties to work together to promote local tourism.

**Park Highlights:**

1. **Journey through the Pride Lands*:

Visitors will ride on classic water rides, similar to the design of Disneyland Paris, through the magnificent landscapes of the savannah and Glory Rock, accompanying Simba on his journey of growth. This water facility will use the latest animation technology and sound and light effects to recreate classic scenes from the "Lion King" movie, allowing visitors to experience Simba's journey from a lion cub to becoming a king.

2. **Pride Rock Adventure Coaster** (*Pride Rock Adventure Coaster*):

Visitors will start at the highest point of Glory Rock and go on a high-speed roller coaster adventure. Along the way, they will experience the beautiful African landscape and magnificent skyline, and experience an exciting adventure.

3. **Animal Kingdom Village**(*Animal Kingdom Village*):

The park has an African-style village that provides unique dining and shopping experiences, allowing visitors to taste special delicacies at "Timon and Pumbaa's Game Kitchen" and purchase limited edition souvenirs at the "Glory Stone Boutique".

can anyone confirm if this is true?

View attachment 820701

approximate translation:
**Hong Kong Disneyland announced the expansion plan for the new "Lion King" theme park, which will be jointly invested by the Hong Kong government and Hong Kong Disney**

October 14, 2024 - Hong Kong Hong Kong Disneyland today grandly announced a new "Lion King" theme park expansion plan. This brand-new park will be located between Adventureland and Grizzly Gulch and connected to the existing "Celebration of the Lion King" theater, becoming Asia's first "Lion King"-themed immersive experience area. This project is a joint investment between Hong Kong Disneyland and the Hong Kong government, marking a new milestone for both parties to work together to promote local tourism.

Visitors will ride on classic water rides, similar to the design of Disneyland Paris, through the magnificent landscapes of the savannah and Glory Rock, accompanying Simba on his journey of growth. This water facility will use the latest animation technology and sound and light effects to recreate classic scenes from the "Lion King" movie, allowing visitors to experience Simba's journey from a lion cub to becoming a king.

Visitors will start at the highest point of Glory Rock and go on a high-speed roller coaster adventure. Along the way, they will experience the beautiful African landscape and magnificent skyline, and experience an exciting adventure.

The park has an African-style village that provides unique dining and shopping experiences, allowing visitors to taste special delicacies at "Timon and Pumbaa's Game Kitchen" and purchase limited edition souvenirs at the "Glory Stone Boutique".

cant seem to find any official documentation so seems like a rumor for now

Supersnow84

Wait wait wait wait wait what

Where did this come from

Regardless I can’t prove one way or another but it is very on point for a current Disney park expansion, 2 ride- e ticket and a c/d ticket, a restaurant and a shop; shared resources with a different park

If it’s a fake they certainly know how to make an authentically disney fake

Last edited:

Wait wait wait wait wait what

Where did this come from

Regardless I can’t prove one way or another but it is very on point for a current Disney park expansion, 2 ride- e ticket and a c/d ticket, a restaurant and a shop; shared resources with a different park

If it’s a fake they certainly know how to make an authentically disney fake
this was from a disney group on facebook. no other news has been reported though, even though the post states that the expansion had already been announced. they also stated that the expansion would cost around 6 billion HKD approx, begin construction in 2027 and open to the public in either late 2030 or early 2031.

if this is true, this certainly comes as a surprise as no other project has been announced asides from the "re-imagning" slated to come between the 20th anniversary and the marvel expansion.

Gusey

I think it's fake. It's quite impossible to build a water ride featuring a drop from Pride Rock, and a roller coaster starting from Pride Rock without having 2 Pride Rocks.

I think it's fake. It's quite impossible to build a water ride featuring a drop from Pride Rock, and a roller coaster starting from Pride Rock without having 2 Pride Rocks.
yeah i noticed that discrepancy as well, but maybe the layout would be slightly different from paris? (as in the exclusion of a drop) to differentiate it from FEA perhaps?

Supersnow84

Another thing to note is that let’s assume this leak is real. If they wanted to connect the land to FOTLK you would have to destroy the pavilion

There is simply no way you can keep both

Timothy_Q

This would make sense, considering thats where HKD originally planned to have their flume drop version of POTC

Also DLP's Lion King ride will probably be one they'll want to clone in many resorts

Last edited:

cjkeating

View attachment 820701

approximate translation:

Well it certainly hasn't been announced and maybe it is the translation but it reads like AI.

I'm not connected to HKDL rumours bit it seems surprising if they announce something when they've announced the Marvel expansion and haven't even broke ground on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom