HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Gusey

I know that Disney had until September 25th 2020 to purchase the land for the second gate but the HKITP decided to focus on developing and expanding Hong Kong Disneyland Park instead. Haven't heard anything about housing

Supersnow84

Disney had an exclusive reservation clause on the second gate land till the 25th September 2020 which LegCo chose not to extend when it came up

However it is worth noting there is clauses in the masterplan design of pennies bay that are older than the exclusivity clause that strongly limit what they can actually do with that land and housing is not one of those options allowed

It is more likely that LegCo will just dump something temporary down there until Disneyland can show the profitability of the second gate then LegCo will sell the land for way more than what the clause originally had it for to make more money from Disney

Stevie Amsterdam

So it appears that I'm going to visit HKDL again in October. Haven't been since 2016, so looking forward to Arandelle and the Marvel stuff. Last time I visited there were almost no waits. Longest wait was 15 minutes for Mystic Manor and 10 for Space Mountain. Snything else was pretty much a walk on. How is that now? I'm sure it has gotten busier?

DisneyDean97

Out of all the international Disney resorts, I'm most intrigued about HKDL's future.
Does anybody have any ideas what the next addition might be?
I know a spiderman attraction was talked about in Tomorrowland at one point, and the planned Pirates flume ride longgg ago.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So it appears that I'm going to visit HKDL again in October. Haven't been since 2016, so looking forward to Arandelle and the Marvel stuff. Last time I visited there were almost no waits. Longest wait was 15 minutes for Mystic Manor and 10 for Space Mountain. Snything else was pretty much a walk on. How is that now? I'm sure it has gotten busier?
Current wait times on the app seem more like what as a western tourist I’d expect, but we went last year the week after golden week. Times not on the weekend were a lot like your 2016 times. The Saturday was busy but not Orlando busy, and hardly anyone used paid fastpass. It was great.

If it’s still on offer I’d say look at the Explorers semi buffet with Momentous viewing and also the Jack Skellingtons Nightmare Before Dinner meal (both book in advance). Happy to answer any questions as a tourist!

DonniePeverley

I was at HKD around 9 years ago, and it really soured my love for Disney. The castle was pitiful, Tomorrow Land was so tiny that it belonged to a local carnival, etc - it was all just very underwhelming.

We were literally done in a few hours and then left.

I look forward to seeing the changes.

J4546

I was at HKD around 9 years ago, and it really soured my love for Disney. The castle was pitiful, Tomorrow Land was so tiny that it belonged to a local carnival, etc - it was all just very underwhelming.

well the new castle is the biggest one ever and looks insane in pics/vids imo, and HK Frozen Land looks like the best frozen land of the 3 being built so its probably much improved experience. I really hope that concept art for the propsed avengers e ticket shown for HK comes to fruitiion....it was sooo massive and grand looking it would be such a huge exclusive build

Sir_Cliff

I Love You Sun GIF

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I was there last year, and as I’ve said elsewhere it was a revelation. We’d be back this year if we weren’t already booked elsewhere. But I can see your view from 9 years back.

Stevie Amsterdam

Current wait times on the app seem more like what as a western tourist I’d expect, but we went last year the week after golden week. Times not on the weekend were a lot like your 2016 times. The Saturday was busy but not Orlando busy, and hardly anyone used paid fastpass. It was great.

If it’s still on offer I’d say look at the Explorers semi buffet with Momentous viewing and also the Jack Skellingtons Nightmare Before Dinner meal (both book in advance). Happy to answer any questions as a tourist!
Thanks Marni, appreciate it. Definitely looking forward to the semi buffet at the Explorers, however you can only book two weeks in advance so will try again after summer.

Hkayer

From the 2023 Annual Report,

"Hong Kong Disneyland Resort is undergoing a multi-year expansion estimated to cost HK $10.9 billion ($1.4 billion). The Company and HKSAR have agreed to fund the expansion on an equal basis through equity contributions, which totaled$57 million and $148 million in fiscal 2023 and 2022, respectively. To date, the Company and HKSAR have funded a total of$773 million."

Supersnow84

That’s pretty well known info. The agreement that was signed by both parties still has about 500 million USD unused that was designed for quinjet

Everything else in the original expansion is now finished. We still have no idea what’s happening with quinjet but while it’s either not being built or confirmed cancelled the resort is still technically undergoing an expansion even if they aren’t doing anything right now

Supersnow84

Apparently a rumour from a leaker (I’m not very up to date with how reliable the Disney leakers are) has said that there is still a E/mega E/F ticket coming to Tomorrowland and the updated plans for it will be announced this year

Though it also seems like Shanghai is getting a midway mania and a marvel land, if the same leaker is to be believe

Seems to favour Shanghai (though if marvel land is one ride it will end the parks with the same ride count) considering the e ticket for Hong Kong is years delayed and Shanghai is a total new land, but maybe HK while showing profit still isn’t showing enough to go beyond the original expansion

PiratesMansion

I always thought midway mania would work real well in HKDL.
There's really no good reason they don't have one, given that they have a whole Toy Story Playland and all.

It would also be (theoretically) a cheap, easy expansion given all that has happened with their Avengers E-Ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom