HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Supersnow84

To think they cut a dark ride for dining that's hardly ever open. Classic Pressler decisionmaking skills at work.
I don’t think clopins was ever actually slated for a dark ride, it has less space than most people realise, if there is going to be a ride there it’ll likely be like that weird alice ride that half outside from Disneyland, they aren’t fitting Shanghai pan in that space

Plus the park kinda did need the dining before explorers restaurant and now arendelle took the wind out of the original areas dining sails, definitely needs to go now

they need to bring those rope course challenge trails from shanghai to USA
Challenge trails is best kept a Shanghai exclusive I think; Shanghai is the one park that feels both theme park and “park” and challenge trails fits in well with that, I don’t think it really suits the vibe of the American parks

DisneyDean97

Tron is yesterdays news now (not to mention a low realistic ROI) but a POTC style attraction using a fluke system should be a no brainer. Stick Pan in Philharmagic plus the long anticipated Tomorrowland attraction and it'd work wonders
Still wish HKDL built Tim Delaney's concept of a POTC flume. Is there still room for it between adventureland and Grizzly?

Attachments

• delaney_piratesdrop.jpg
    delaney_piratesdrop.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 50

PiratesMansion

I don’t think clopins was ever actually slated for a dark ride, it has less space than most people realise, if there is going to be a ride there it’ll likely be like that weird alice ride that half outside from Disneyland, they aren’t fitting Shanghai pan in that space

Plus the park kinda did need the dining before explorers restaurant and now arendelle took the wind out of the original areas dining sails, definitely needs to go now
But given that previous castle parks had dark rides on both sides of the castle, the precedent was there, and they could have easily (had they wanted to) built out the show building more to accommodate another dark ride.

Judging by the tepid crowd levels the park has experienced for most of its existence, while I wasn't there, I'm not convinced that the park really ever *needed* dining on both sides of the Fantasyland courtyard. Certainly, if it ever did, I imagine the demand didn't last much beyond the first few months of the park's existence.

Supersnow84

But given that previous castle parks had dark rides on both sides of the castle, the precedent was there, and they could have easily (had they wanted to) built out the show building more to accommodate another dark ride.

Judging by the tepid crowd levels the park has experienced for most of its existence, while I wasn't there, I'm not convinced that the park really ever *needed* dining on both sides of the Fantasyland courtyard. Certainly, if it ever did, I imagine the demand didn't last much beyond the first few months of the park's existence.
true but Pooh is already on clopins side and there isn’t a lot of space there, I agree that maybe concentrating a lot of the dining in fantasyland wasn’t the best idea but at its launch the park didn’t have Tahitian terrace or explorers so it was basically the two fantasyland restaurants, Main Street, comet cafe/starliner and Riverview, 5 restaurants for a budgeted 6 million makes sense to me

Now it’s obvious it isn’t needed so change clopins into a Alice ride to make an Alice mini land and change philhar into pan and fantasyland will balance much better with arendelle on the other side

Supersnow84

Ok EPCOT Center time travelers... who on earth had Maelstrom on their bingo cards being cloned 2x in the future?

What a timeline we live in.

"Full of surprises."* "Brand new experience"*
*Your milage may vary.

The new animatronics look nice.
To be fair other than the layout from what we have seen so far this doesn’t look anything like the patchwork ride at Epcot, this looks more like a true movie based dark ride like beauty and the beast at Tokyo

Rush

FEA's not so positive reception is mostly due to it being in World Showcase. An improved FEA in Fantasyland is great however. It's not much larger than your classic FL rides so it retains a certain charm, it's muscial, has loved characters and a cute storyline that's not necessarily a book report. This a huge win for HK, especially since it comes with what looks like a fantastically themed land and a supporting ride. Exciting!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom